[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Freelance thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
Post your skills or what you are looking for.

Bilingual in french/english/spanish.
>>
>>1201823
Thats not bilingual...

Being bilingual also means that you've been raised into 2 different cultures at the same time.

If you are french but you also speak spanish because you learnt at college or school you cannot say you're bilingual. Even if you dominate all languages perfectly.

This is not something relevant but people often use this term in a wrong way.

However good job bro ! Russian/Spanish/English here.
However this is not something relevant,
>>
>>1201823
I speak Greek,Ancient Greek,Latin,Italian
that's it
>>
>>1201823
German/English.
>>
File: 1452245389041.png (147 KB, 305x267) Image search: [Google]
1452245389041.png
147 KB, 305x267
I'm searching for a programmer that will enable the reproduction of his trades into my live MT4 account, using different leverage for each product, SL and such.

https://twitter.com/nunovski?lang=fr

Thank you.
>>
>>1201918
what if he mistweets something
>>
>>1201856
That's nonsense. As long as you speak a language fluently and can get your job done effectively that's all that matters. The word you're thinking of is multicultural. Bilingual is what the fucking word means 2 languages. If anything you morons should be using polyglot since you're listing more than two languages. Not surprised you're getting it wrong if my assumption is correct your lists goes from native tongue to recently learned language.
Protip: If something is your second or third language and you know you don't have a full deep grasp on it, don't try to school other people in on that language.
>>
>>1202012
All that hate. I dont know why my message showed up like this, is obviously full of nonsense.

All I am saying is that people use the word bilingual in a wrong way. It is not "multicultural" either because this term has more to do with society itself than language.

It just about the word. I am not pretending to discredit OP or anyone else. I agree with you that it is more important to speak fluently 2 or 3 languages, in fact most of the times people who study and learn languages from 0 end up being more effective than a bilingual person, because a bilingual folk sometimes will not put so much effort in being accurate.

Just stop this hate train bro... not going anywhere.
>>
File: e6im1B6.jpg (47 KB, 604x470) Image search: [Google]
e6im1B6.jpg
47 KB, 604x470
>>1201856
>Russian speaking english
>da kek
>>
I do WordPress themes, from scratch, based closely on your mockup, for $1K.
>>
>>1202038
Bi = 2
Lingual = languages
It's that fucking simple. Also speaking 3 languages is being trilingual. Using your logic, the culture matters more than the language. Try claiming you're bilingual in a resumé and then tell them that you just know the culture and see how it pans out.
>>
>>1202189
You seem to not get it at all.
>>
File: Capture.png (25 KB, 512x577) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
25 KB, 512x577
>>1202191
Or perhaps you don't know English as well as you think?
>>
File: 1458939225712.jpg (24 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
1458939225712.jpg
24 KB, 450x299
>>1201823
OP here, wanted to put french and english but then I can talk some spanish and didn't correct. Don't mind the obvious mistake, don't ruin thread.
>>
>>1202189
Bilingual is when you know 2 languages because you've been raised into both languages, and that implies culture because both come in hand. People who learns another language after 17-18 y\o are not considered bilingual in the true sense of the word.

For example, if your mother is english and your father is french and you've received influence from both and know both languages then you are bilingual.

If you are english and learned french because you wanted so, then you are not. That does not mean you being less effective in french than even a french person could be.

Off course bi means 2 and tri means 3, congrats anon, but thats not the point. You're being salty and you just are not getting it at all.

Its not ver y hard to understand though...
>>
>>1202197
Ok thats the definition but there is more theory on that from a philology perspective, theory which google wont bother to explain to narrow minded feggets like you.
>>
>>1202197
>>1202212
Guys. Guys. Relax. It can mean both. It is just a matter of perspective.

>https://www.quora.com/Does-being-bilingual-really-mean-you-have-two-native-languages-rather-than-merely-speaking-a-foreign-one
>>
>>1202219
Its more logical the perspective of two mother tongues rather than one mother tongue and another language.
>>
>>1202213
So you're trying to push your retarded philosophy as a fact, and then proceed to call others narrow minded? Try keeping your delusions to yourself, my philosophically enlightened friend.
>>
>>1202229
Im not trying to push anything. You were the first one who started with the lack of education.
>>
>>1202012
>Bilingual
>Speak Fluently
>That's all that matters

Sure m8. I invested in Fedoras. Professional investor here.
>>
>>1202229
You just dont understand that having two mother tongues is rather different from having one mother tongue and knowing another one (even if Its a 100% knowledge)
>>
>>1202234
you are fucking autistic. that bullshit about "lingual" meaning "raised with the language" is a half-supported philosophy, not fact. you are a huge douche for talking down to this guy and telling him he's uneducated when the very shit you're claiming to "teach" him is ignored outside of progressive liberal institutions
>>
>>1202240
You know what a mother tongue means ?
>>
>>1202234
>People who learns another language after 17-18 y\o are not considered bilingual in the true sense of the word.

So which part of this isn't just plainly pushing your own opinion as a fact?
>>
>>1202225
>citation needed
Both meanings seem pretty logical to me. One is a strictly literal meaning taken from latin roots (bilingual = 2 languages). The other meaning implies that the languages are both native which probably came from practical use. I don't think there is a wrong answer here which is why it is a pretty benign thing to argue about, even for you guys.
>>
>>1202243
yes you retarded, pretentious faggot
>>
>>1202258
Then I don't see why is such a bad thing understanding my point.
>>
>>1202240
It's a total fact chimp. Don't you see that even in your own fucking language you get outclassed in distinct countries/contexts/ situations/ or speakers collectives? Unless you speak a faggistic minor language spoken in a fag country which is condemned to dissapear.

I can outperform you EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME as a native if you are that self branded "Bilingual" yo.
>>
>>1202283
Wot. It doesn't even seem like english is one of your native tongues.
>>
>>1202263
Because your point is retarded. Also, I believe that water is the best way to start a fire. If you don't understand why, you're uneducated.
>>
>>1202263
>Then I don't see why is such a bad thing
>why is such
You either. Holy shit why are non-native english speakers giving english lessons on /biz/? Am I being punked?
>>
>>1202291
You get offended like im trying to convince you that the earth is flat...
>>
>>1202296
I bet you only know english.
>>
I can do various programming and development jobs for Bitcoin.
>>
English 6/10
Python 9/10
MySQL 9.8/10
Java 9.5/10
Algorithms 9.9/10
IA development 9/10

Work for btc and PayPal
[email protected]
>>
>>1203437
>>1201918
>>
>>1202213
>WELL I WAS RIGHT IN MY OWN MIND
>>
Adobe After Effects 10/10
Adobe Photoshop 8/10
Adobe Illustrator 3/10
Ableton Live 5/10
>>
File: yea baby.jpg (27 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
yea baby.jpg
27 KB, 400x533
Sucking 4/10 dicks at a time
Taking 3/10 cocks in my ass

Bisexual in French/Spanish/English too
>>
>>1201856
>Being bilingual also means that you've been raised into 2 different cultures at the same time.
i'm guessing English isn't one of your strong points?
>>
>>1201823
Copy editing
Content management
Writing marketing/SEO copy

I only speak English, so going to keep out of this whole bilingual autism fest. Currently have an offer to be on retainer for 20hrs a week, think I will take it... sick of hustling for business constantly.
>>
>>1201823
I'm a freelancer looking for some sort of CRM or networking software.

Basically I have a list of contacts that I want to have an automated system that's like "email steve, karen, paul today"

And it does that for priority clients every 2 weeks. For normal contacts it's maybe every 30 days, etc.

Any recommendations?
>>
so much hate over nothing in this thread

i seem to understand things faster than the average person and able to explain it in lamen terms
the only thing i know i'm good at and what have been paying my bills for the last 13 years.

what would you call that /biz/ ? i mean in a way i can present in a cv or a job application?
i am now making 1300 euro a week and my colleagues tell me i can make more but i have no idea how
>>
>>1204376
Tech writer?
>>
>>1204385
no. client consultant at a car maker at the moment
though i did tech writing for a while

my big vice is i don't know how to talk to people if i don't have to explain something to them
>>
>>1204390
Cool. What do you do as a client consultant?
>>
mostly preventing them from spending enormous amounts of money on bullshit that will not work
make them realize what they can actually achieve withing the budget and technical limitation
and most importantly, evaluate and convince them of the EUNCAP score they will achieve with the current investment based on the NCAP scoring system compared to the current development and estimated production date
very boring stuff if you ask me
i am always surprised how ill prepared these guys are considering they work in this industry.
>>
>>1204400
Actually that sounds pretty interesting. Do you work with analysts or do you perform your own evaluations?
>>
>>1204414
my own evaluation but it's based on test results of makers and state of development of current supplier. things tend to repeat themselves so it is not very hard to estimate the feasibility of current development by looking at the history of the supplier involved in said development.

it is not that interesting really. may sound like it is on first glance but it's all too predictable
>>
Freelance Writer.

I do Copywriting, Creative Writing, Blog Articles, stuff like that.

I even do freelance art on the side occasionally for some extra money, but that's only occasionally.
>>
Fluent korean
English mother tongue.

Can never find shit because no one would ever randomly trust a white person whos fluent in korean over a native korean who studied their ass off in english all their life and could be trusted more than I since their native tongue is Korean.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.