[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cobalt guy missing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11
File: summoning.jpg (301 KB, 1028x1028) Image search: [Google]
summoning.jpg
301 KB, 1028x1028
I would like to summon the guy that start writing about cobalt, also the one that told us about GXY one year back.

>
Lithium is getting a lot of spotlight recently (even in /biz/ as I noticed), however it is not the only metal that is going to make headlines in 2016, one other metal, an extremly important part in the battery supply chain, regarding high-energy-density batteries necessary for EV and consumer electronics alike, is at a critical supply shortage as well, however this time producers are even more scarce. The metal is of course cobalt. The cathode material ESSENTIAL for the production of high-energy-density batteries (lithium being the anode), the one that power your consumer electronics (laptops, iPads, smartphones) and EV's like Tesla's cars for example. There is no other cathode other than the cobalt cathode capable of achieving those energy densities, thus making cobalt a material that just HAS TO BE AVAILABLE. Yes there are other cathodes like Fe-Phospohate (BYD batteries e.g.), however these have lesser energy densities, meaning that if you want make an electric car that will go further or a smartphone that will last longer, there is NO OTHER FEASIBLE WAY than the cobalt cathode (not even the high-voltage-spinel cathode some companies like NNO.V are proposing).

However only 6% of the world’s cobalt is produced as a primary mine product while 94% is produced as a by-product of nickel and copper mining. This means that because nickel and copper both trading at multi-year lows, mining companies are suspending operations at marginal nickel, copper and cobalt mines worldwide; and due to these mine closures, cobalt production is expected to fall in 2016 and remain at lower levels until nickel and copper demand recovers and mines return to production.., Samsung, and EV's like Tesla, Mitsubishi, Hyundai) will be the ones that will be hit the most.

**continued**
>>
>>1200403
I might just buy a pretty mine myself! Hell of an idea!
>>
>>1200412
im gonna start a mineparking company i guess lol
>>
Also Vanadium for flow batteries
>>
>>1200444
>Vanadium
explain

>also im gonna write about lithium etc, wait for daylait.com (pepe is working on it)
>>
bumpity
>>
>>1200403
>I would like to summon the guy that start writing about cobalt, also the one that told us about GXY one year back.

what is the question?
>>
but its too soon to enter a position for cobalt right? we dont have a bright candidate, like GXY for lithium
>>
>>1200859
>but its too soon to enter a position for cobalt right? we dont have a bright candidate, like GXY for lithium

It is never too soon to be first.

Cobalt is a different story than lithium, lithium is a commoditiy that had active producers however the demand was too high for them to saturate (because of China, Korea and Japan - not because of TSLA), thus companies that are able to provide additional LCE were sought for, this made ORE and GXY the best opportunities to invest in 2015 with GXY still providing a substantial upside for their stock. ORE still struggles with technical issues and delivering subpar product, GXY recomissioned the mine and is shipping the first batch in juli/august to Mitsubishi.

Cobalt never was mined solely for its sake, it was produced as a by-product of nickel copper mining, and this could continue forever, however the prices for nickel and copper are so low that big miners that are delivering cobalt to companies like Sumitomo and Umicore (cobalt cathode producers) started closing and suspending their nickel copper mines in DRC and elsewhere to maintain cost, however by suspending them they also suspended cobalt which was the by-product.

This is where it gets interesting, to create a lithium-Ion battery of high-energy-density you need cobalt cathodes, if you want to make smartphones, tesla cars, etc. you need cobalt-cathodes in your lithium ion batteries or you are selling subpar product with shorter battery life and mileage, namely things which people look first when buying a smartphone or an electric vehicle, and unlike lithium that has 5 big producers, 2 junior producers and ~10 virtual producers, cobalt has nickel-copper miners that sold it as a byproduct (companies like Glencore, Rio Tinto etc.) that suspended their mines thus deramping and 4 virtual producers that have nothing but a field.

Cobalt has no GXY, it has only NMX, LAC, LIX, PLS kind of companies, I went through them in the original cobalt post I posted.
>>
>>1200905
new to all of this. But if lithiums supply increases to meet demand but cobalt does not dosnt that mean that cobalt production would ramp up to meet demand? Or would costs of mining cobalt alone not make up for it?
>>
>>1200930
cobalt would shoot up, and mining operations for cobalt would ramp up too, which means mining stock up. However my concern is finding a relatively stable company like GXY for lithium, for cobalt. The thing is wise anon said, that pure cobalt mines abuse child labour which means those companies should not be considered in my opinion. Either way we need to do more research
>>
>>1200939
Fuck I need to improve my writing skills.
>>
This is great ! Does someone have a link of the archived thread ?
>>
>>1200939

Child labour has been the norm throughout human history. As long as they get paid and aren't put into any serious amount of danger I have no moral objections to it. It's not like they would all go to school automatically if you chucked them out of the mines they work for.
>>
>>1200859
>we dont have a bright candidate, like GXY for lithium

In the original post I went through some companies, namely BPL Broken Hills, FCO Formation Metals, Equitas Resources and Conico CNJ.

None of these companies will be ready to produce cobalt if there is a shortage in the coming year, it is more likely that Glencore will open Katanga and saturate the market with other major miners, before any of them gets into production, so realistically speaking in the worst case scenario which I always go by, none of the virtual producers will have an impact on the cobalt shortage, however the cobalt shortage will have an impact on the cobalt pricing, which will have an impact on them as we experience with the lithium virtuals and their 300 - 400 % gains on nothing but field-of-dreams (PLS, AJM, LIX etc.). And this is how this stocks have to be played.

Out of the stocks I presented only Conico is offering a JORC compliant study and is in prefeasibility work also having the 4th largest cobalt deposit in the world, this (as well as mining costs, oxidized orebody etc.) sets them up way infront of the others in my opinion which have nothing (FCO bought some machinery and drawn some roads on their field, but halted the construction of their mine 4 years ago because it is, I will bet, not feasible, what they noticed without even producing a PFS which is still pending) the CNJ stock is very tightly held by the Tasman Resources group that owns and directs CNJ, the company also owns EDE. What makes CNJ interesting is the orebody which could saturate 3-4% of the global cobalt demand in the first 3 years of production (something no other competitor has, suspended like KAT not included), but as mentioned before more so because of the share structure which is tight and has a very small mkt.cap at the moment thus being very sensible to even lesser investments.

High risk, high gain, the TBVPS is still above the SP though, this may give you some security if you wish to enter.
>>
>>1200823
WHY DID YOU ABANDON THE GXY THREADS?

WHY WON'T YOU TRIPFAG AND LEAD THE THREADS AS OUR GLORIOUS LEADER WHO WILL TAKE US IN HIS ROCKETSHIP TO THE MOON?

WHY DID YOU ABANDON US?
>>
>>1200955
finally summoned you such intel
Im still trying to find freakin CNJ brokerage outside of US for EUFag, rly I know the ticker BDD.BE but cant find someone offering it..
>>
>>1200985
You can't buy CNJ in the US either.
>>
>None of these companies will be ready to produce cobalt if there is a shortage in the coming year
Isnt it better to speculate on cobalt at this point?
>>
>>1200953
Scandals/liberal feel exposes in the media make stock prices go down which makes you lose money.
>>
>>1201021
exactly
>>
>>1201024
The thing about them is that they're largely unpredictable. They just kind of hit and that's it.
>>
Dumb question, but is the GXY symbol in the US GALXF?
>>
>>1201033
Yes
>>
File: form.jpg (46 KB, 580x494) Image search: [Google]
form.jpg
46 KB, 580x494
>>1200939
> Formation Metals Inc. (FCO:TSX), which owns the Idaho cobalt project near Salmon, Idaho
>>
>>1201115
From their website: 'The ICP remains the only near term, fully permitted primary cobalt deposit in the United States.'

Doesn't specify if its ACTUALLY producing Cobalt right now, which is the crux - its not like GXY in that regard. I can't find any data on if the mine is active/they've contracted production to anyone...would love to see press on that.

Internal estimates place the NPV of the mine at ~113mm post tax - but that datas a year old, their estimates rely on a spot price per lb of ~$14 (which was correct a year ago) and its currently ~$10.5 right now. That concerns me.

Definitely worth more research on...
>>
>>1200985
>>1201005
Shit, so is CNJ an Australian only stock?
>>
>>1201115
>>1201155
yep needs more research
>>
What about VALE, how much of their capacity is actually dedicated to cobalt?
>>
>>1200955

Are you here in AUS? I notice in your post you mention quite few ASX comapnies.
>>
>>1200403

FRESH OUT OF THE SWEAT SHOP AND INTO YOUR DISPLAY... A HOT NEW MEME FOR THE NEXT BEST METAL!
>>
>>1201519
BUMPING YOUR BUMP with an edit.
>>
nuther edit
>>
Found CNJ on e trade Australia
>>
>>1201578
just meming the night away...
>>
Imma bout to go nite nite so i won't mess around with it till morning. I'm American and honestly don't have a fucking clue if I can even set up an account, how the exchange rate will work with my american bank account to kangaroo dollars or anything really. Love you guys though, I'll be dreaming of dank memes till morning.
>>
>>1201223
I'm interested simply because it's tradeable on Robin Hood.

It looks due for a little pullback tomorrow/into this week.
>>
File: a dollar for racism.jpg (114 KB, 878x878) Image search: [Google]
a dollar for racism.jpg
114 KB, 878x878
>>1200981
What if he is wrong? You want a name attached to that? That and you should make your own decisions. Verify the research
>>
File: bar.jpg (52 KB, 793x269) Image search: [Google]
bar.jpg
52 KB, 793x269
ASX:CNJ is in a join venture with ASX:BAR. Checking both financials and BAR looks more healthy and if CNJ was to get into production they would need a capital raising which this can add dilution to the SP.

For me BAR would probably be a good pick and if I got some funds I would get some CNJ as well.
>>
File: cnj.jpg (57 KB, 790x276) Image search: [Google]
cnj.jpg
57 KB, 790x276
This is CNJ financials.
>>
RRREEEEEeeeee inb4 we cant buy CNJ until we kangaroo
>>1201667
>>1201670
faggot so you pick BAR the half golden meme
>>
How to trade BAR in eu ?
>>
Any burgers find any of these or can any ausfags recommend ?

Seems like /biz/ is just a crew of ausfags with dank insight

I have little access to their glory.. but at least I hopped on GALXF
>>
>>1201733

BAR got gold that's for sure! :)
>>
>>1201667
>>1201670

you didn't read what wise anon said

"the stock is tightly held" meaning that the owners do not want to induce capital if unnecessary, both BAR and CNJ will need a capital raising when financing the project, however CNJ has Tasman as their owner, and this is a big decider why CNJ has more break out potential. (look at EDE in the last weeks)
>>
so do we BAR, CNJ or skip dat cobalt guise we need another meme train goin
>>
File: CY9pgnKUoAAu4qY.jpg (31 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
CY9pgnKUoAAu4qY.jpg
31 KB, 600x338
>>1201667
>>1201155

>tfw the guy posted it clear, but the retards still cannot figure it out

bought CNJ, thx for the tip
>>
>>1202323
Tfw couldn't buy it in the US.
>>
>>1201115
>>1201155
>>1201198

Shit, looks like we already missed that rocket.... or will it go higher?
>>
File: cobalt.png (20 KB, 558x465) Image search: [Google]
cobalt.png
20 KB, 558x465
>>1202360
will go higher probably
if a civil war starts in congo which might actually happen the prices of cobalt will skyrocket to atleast low 30s lets just hope FCO starts mining by then
>>
>>1202360
we did not, everyone is still just speculating,, thatts why we need more info and pick the right company
>>
>>1202396
what do you think about Landore Resources ive been checking them out but i cant find any indication if they will make it out of this slum
>>
>>1201667
I cant buy those BAR feggets from eu
>>
Can't buy BAR or CNJ as an American either :(
>>
>convicts are the saviours of investing on /biz/

looks like crime really does pay
>>
>>1201667

at 0,02 AUD, Conico will have a massive pump, just look at Barra stock rising because of the "cobalt cliff". The thing is CNJ owns and manages the project thus it is a cobalt pure-play, while BAR is just a JV partner that has a lot of exposure in gold. Also CNJ's stock is so tight that smaller investments will make the SP rise more than it would be the case with other stocks. you can disregard the financials in this kind of stocks, CNJ/BAR are tied on Mt Thirsty so a CR is necessary for both if they want to build the mine, however the stock may achieve 0,10 AUD well before that (lookt at BPL, and they have NOTHING but media coverage).
>>
Do any absolute legends want to tell me why I can see GXY on Degiro but not BAR or CNJ?
>>
FUCK HELP ME BUY CNJ I'M A RETARDED AMERICAN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

but seriously how do i buy cnj
>>
>>1200981
he did the right thing to abandon those disgusting shill threads. They are a disgrace to the original holy word of minerals-anon-sama
>>
>>1204739
>>1205174

wise anon does it again >>1205896
>>
>>1200905
Thank you for your original CNJ post. I am up 44% on it. It was a great call.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.