[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it still worth investing in Bitcoins any more?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8
File: url3.png (161 KB, 530x526) Image search: [Google]
url3.png
161 KB, 530x526
Is it still worth investing in Bitcoins any more?
>>
You missed out on the train years ago. Not worth it anymore unless you have a entire cluster of AMD GPUs to mine with.
>>
>>1196907
Sure if you want to get your name on watch list
>>
>>1196907
Not unless you want to use them to order some cocaine online with.
>>
inb4 halving
>>
>>1196908
He said "investing in Bitcoins" not "investing in Bitcoin mining".

>>1196909
What name? You can buy them with cash if you want.
>>
someone lost a shitload of money...

Dont do it OP, there is an army of fuckers who would give their mother if they could sell those bitcoins
>>
>>1196907
uTorrent is investing on it
>>
>>1196914
And we all know they've made great decisions lately
>>
>>1196907
That depends, are you a drug dealer?
>>
>>1196907
I have $50 worth still sitting around. I think microsoft accepts it as payment for xbox live and some pizza places.
>>
>>1196907
>investing
>Bitcoins

>>>/biz/
>>
It's a purely speculative investment. So, no.
>>
>>1196925
not exactly true, but i will get back to you with this in a few months. i have to try something first.
>>
File: ItHasntEvenBegun.jpg (3 MB, 1051x9708) Image search: [Google]
ItHasntEvenBegun.jpg
3 MB, 1051x9708
>>1196908
Yeah man it already peaked
>>
>>1197647
This. That shit peaked in 2013.
>>
off topic but why do half the posts in this thread not have id's? am i high or something?
>>
>>1196907
Yes. The instability of the economy is going to push up the price. It's already begun.
>>
>>1197940

Shit bugs out sometimes

Sometimes it shows everyone in the thread having the same ID.

A lot of people got called shills and samefag the first time that one happened.
>>
>>1196911
>he fell for the halving meme
preper for the massive drop of price because chinas miners will drop support sell everything and move to ethereum
>>
>>1197940
It's cause the thread was from a different board and got moved here
>>
>>1196907

Investing? Fuck no. Trading, yes.
>>
>>1197647
so this shit isnt even close to peaking nigga
>>
>>1197985
>ether
>>
Bitcoin is worthless, send yours to 1MEwiis2jyAtwnE59n3fdFmUV7KBZnCYUf. All proceeds will be used to make America great again.
>>
>>1199148
You're an idiot.
>>
>>1196907
Nope, you missed the train. Nothing but bagholders left.
>>
>>1196907
You're about 6 years too late
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (85 KB, 1386x684) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
85 KB, 1386x684
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/
Fucking LOL. The Chinese government places harsh restrictions on transferring money/assets out of the country. So the Chinese use Bitcoin to get around those restrictions.
I wonder what will happen when their government cracks down on this shit?
>>
>>1199827
so most of the transactions are kikes shit?
it's why it takes half an hour to even start a client?
fuck this stupid ass currency!
>>
>>1200283
i mean chink not kike whatever.
>>
stop looking for /biz/ for advice. Most are idiots.

Just look for expert advice literally anywhere else.

10k by 2018/2019
>>
>>1200286
your "experts" are the ones speculation on it or the bagholders from previous bubble.

the more i get to know bitcoin the shittier it looks to me. fucking hell the entire concept is useless in practice.
>>
>>1199827
is there any way for a government to crack down completely on usage of a cryptocurrency?
>>
>>1200417
there are multiple ways to kill it.
some theoretical some awfully simple and evident.
>>
>>1200420
hm, yeah? such as?
>>
>>1200425
first off all they can take control of the block-chain with government funds and or seizure of big miners domestic assets after declaring bitcoin illegal. if they can get 51% of hashing power not only they can take control of the blockchain hell in theory they can rewrite the entire blockchain from the beginnings to their liking. this would essentially kill trust in bitcoin and make it impossible to us as currency.

the simpler way is mandatory blocking bitcoin protocol at internet service provider level since it's an open protocol and the peer-finding algorithm is also open they can easily do this at first. this would also kill trust and everyone would rush to dump bitcoin as soon as they can do.

they can also spam the shit out of the bitcoin clients making them waste precious time and space for bullshit or corrupt blocks which would reduce the efficiency of the entire system even if these blocks are eventually rejected.

then there is the possibility that nsa has capability to attack the private keys bitcoin uses. even a theoretical attack on them would make all bitcoin worth fraction of it's current price. they don't have to crack them all they can crack one or two for a panic to start.
>>
>>1200436
oh yeah and they can easily go after the exchanges where the traditional money meets bitcoin.

that is one low blow.
>>
>>1200439
disregarding this, if the chinese are just using bitcoin to send money overseas, couldn't they just continuously migrate to other coins?
>>
>>1200462
i don't know you can in theory pop up new coins every day but if the government clamps down them as fast every penny you put into them is money out the window since you can't spend it.

people only buy crpyto if they expect it to be worth something or rather it will have purchasing power later on.
>>
so anyone interested in investing bitcoins?
you pay me 0.015, i pay back 0.0165 in 6 months (probably less) just include the return address in your transaction.

1KTSmScFRS4A6F7XzE1PByCpS6VN9pUtux
>>
>>1200286
>10k by 2018/2019
Kek. You guys said that it would be 10k by 2015. There were at least 100 retards on /biz/ alone saying this with such confidence. After being BTFO over and over it's funny that you dumbshits are still making predictions. Kill yourself.
>>
>>1200507
oh and don't send much i'm not a fucking bank and don't have infinite cash to cover this investment if it goes south. a few bucks tops for fun and profit if you wish.
>>
>>1200507
>>1200520
if you are interested i'm gonna invest them for you at hashocean to buy hashing power and i take the risk in case it's a giant ponzi and they scam you, you get 10% on your investment (backed by my own cash in case) i get to keep the hashrate after.

unless you know bitcoin goes to $10k and hashocean cheats my ass in which case you are fucked and me too. i don't see much chance of this tho. not just yet.
>>
>>1200507
here is it in writing it's all official now.
you pay me 0.015 BTC, i pay back 0.0165 BTC in 6 months.
include the return address in your transaction to which i should send it!
signature:
IAbLUnbUZ0trDNGBs3bw0SZgHPU16Nef1NHDVosqDEWlM5iFkLyjsWXHw8LOpKT2+ppjtnmWKS4/nnw4htRP05k=
>>
>>1197914
>not looking at the picture
dipshit
>>
>>1196912
>He said "investing in Bitcoins" not "investing in Bitcoin mining".
that's kind-of the only way to invest into it tho.
>You can buy them with cash if you want.
you can buy them at atms for cash it's just such a fucking hassle not like you have one at every corner there is only one in my city (probably the only one in the country)
>>
>>1200436
I've never seen so much bullshit misinformed FUD in my life. You must have a vested interest in seeing bitcoin die for whatever reason.

To answer ops question, bitcoin is thriving and has never been better. The price has been stable and is guaranteed to rise after the halving in July.

So many nocoiner retards spreading FUD ITT.
>>
File: diff_price_vs_time_18_04_2016.jpg (84 KB, 749x922) Image search: [Google]
diff_price_vs_time_18_04_2016.jpg
84 KB, 749x922
What does it mean?!
>>
>>1200614
That's exactly how nocoiner cope looks like.
>>
File: bitcoin-laws-of-the-universe.jpg (426 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin-laws-of-the-universe.jpg
426 KB, 1920x1200
>>1200924
Nocoiners make fairy tales on their head in order to cope with Bitcoin's inevitable triumph.
>>
>>1200991
>cope
This word does not mean what you think it means
>>
https://www.betmoose.com/bet/bitcoin-cryptography-broken-in-2016-1337

place your bets :^)
>>
>>1197985

Never gonna happen. Eth is hyped af. Wait for Rootstock.
>>
>>1200998
no dude you are the one living in a fairy tale...
but it's okay.
>To answer ops question, bitcoin is thriving and has never been better.
it's been proven mostly chinks shit up the traffic and do most of the trade also.
>guaranteed to rise
no such guarantee we shall see.

i try to play with bitcoin but the more i learn and experience about it the less i like it. not that i liked it very much to begin with. running a full client eats up your cpu and hdd really bad it's slow as hell too to catch up even with a single days transactions. or you can start placing your trust in other people with the online wallets. the distributed ones look more promising for the end user they just apparently lack features and develop slowly.

i'm still gonna buy some and play with it but i see zero future in it right now only possible short term gains but betting real money on them would be insane.
>>
>>1200998
whoever wrote this crap doesn't understands the actual difficulty in cracking the bitcoins private keys. that would be 2^128 not 2^256.

which is like comparing a single electron the sun difference in magnitude.
>>
>>1196908
>second post
>BTC GPU Mining
>2016
This thread gonna be gud.
>>
>>1196918
...but you are on /biz/
>>
>>1199827
Damn you Market-Communism!

You have all the money!
>>
>>1196908
GPU..lol

climb out from under da rock m8
>>
>>1196908
>thinks he knows the market
>still believes BTC mining is done with GPUs

nigga, that shit ain't been viable for years. ASICs for BTC have been made in china since like 2014.
>>
nocoiners on suicide watch
>>
>>1196908

are you retarded?
>>
mfw you faggots don't even know about eth.
lol

we will be the wealthy elite you faggots!! you will be on suicide watch
>>
>>1200600
which one of you fuckers sent me bitcoins without providing a return address?
>>
>>1203395
>>1203401
>>1203906

trying this hard

mfw:i have no face
>>
>>1197647
Can someone explain to me how there's such an insane amount of money in derivatives?

It seems to create value out of thin air.
>>
>>1204757
it's exactly that... it's a promise made on a promise made on a promise... of future labor or performance or production of value.
>>
>>1204757
that chart is made by retards

it's idiotic as fuck to measure the notional value of a derivative

let's say someone buys insurance on their home for 500,000 dollars. a tiny percentage of people actually lose their homes to fire and receive 500k. measuring the notional value of the derivative means the insurance is "worth" 500k

it adds up quickly when you consider how many derivatives exist
>>
http://www.nasdaq.com/article/why-the-bitcoin-blockchain-is-the-biggest-thing-since-the-internet-cm608228

>2016
>STILL doubting Bitcoin
kill yourself, you haven't learned anything.
>>
>>1204784
nocoiner cope
>>
>>1204944
>the-bitcoin-blockchain-is-the-biggest-thing-since-the-internet
sadly it is. it's fucking suffocating my hard drive.
it's also a fickle mistress as it can easily be rewritten and all clients will voluntarily accept the new blockchain if it's the longest. doesn't matter if it undoes transactions years past.
the thing is pure insanity.
>>
>>1204946
>cope
This word does not mean what you think it means.
>>
>>1204962
It's almost $450..

What's your stop on that short?
>>
File: coindesk-bpi-chart.jpg (31 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
coindesk-bpi-chart.jpg
31 KB, 900x500
>>
You missed the train OP. There are still opportunities in Litecoin though, get in while you can.
>>
File: 1460662119657.gif (3 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
1460662119657.gif
3 MB, 331x197
>>1196907
>invest
>bitcoin

it's a currency. nice to have some. but i prefer stable rate as possible. invest in stocks.
>>
>>1205130
stay poor

>>1205081
>altcoins
lmao
>>
>>1203924
your loss i have 2 investors already going with 40MH well 55 to be exact.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.