[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/frugal/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10
File: scrooge-mcduck-998x749.jpg (145 KB, 998x749) Image search: [Google]
scrooge-mcduck-998x749.jpg
145 KB, 998x749
>check the dates on your pocket change. Pennies dated 1982 or older are 95% copper and worth 2.5c by weight. Set them aside for a tidy 150% profit
>spiders make cheaper pets than dogs or cats. They also save you hundreds in costly bug sprays
>dip bubblegum in coolaid to make more bubblegum
>build your own furniture out of wood that washes up on the beach
>>
>gum
Stay poorfag

That's smoking tier
>>
I actually do leave spiders around for that reason. I live in a shed, too, so while that means there's a ton of spiders it also means that if I killed them all I'd have a billion bugs everywhere.
>>
>>1196217
>spiders make cheaper pets than dogs or cats.

Also, if you get sick of spiders as pets, you can just stomp on them and kill them.

Haha. But having a lot of spiders running around the house is creepy. Look up the statistic of the number of spiders inadvertently eaten by a typical person while he is asleep.
>>
>keep one bulb in my headlights at a time so I don't spend twice as much on headlights
>door handle broke in car so I used reclaimed wood from a local demo site to make new ones.
>collect all the ketchups I can when I go into del taco and never pay for ketchup on my other meals.
>buy ww2 Russian surplus rifle to defend home
>have "batteries" that are made of hollow cardboard tubes with paper clips in them going internally from the positive to the negative side. I keep these in my flashlights with only one fully functional battery so I don't run out of batteries as fast
>>
>>1196228
The people who conducted that spiders eaten while sleeping study came out and said it was just a joke.
>>
>only shower once a week
>only flush once every 3 days
>>
>>1196262
anyone else poop in the sink garbage disposal? i figure im saving ~30 to 40 g of water a month
>>
>>1196264

I do this. Crouching over the sink is better for your health than sitting on the toilet
>>
>>1196264
i need to start doing this
>>
>>1196264

why aren't you pooping in giant plastic bags and selling your night soil to your neighbors as fertilizer?
>>
>>1196217
filthy jew, desu
>>
>>1196269
because killing your neighbors is bad business
>>
>>1196289

it's organic.
>>
Be me, be ultra-miser

>recycle the water from the washing machine, and collect rain to flush toilets, save on water bills
>buy "expired" food from supermarkets at low prices
>never eat out
>always buy second hand vehicles
>eat dandelion leaves as a salad substitute
>get free computers from the dumpster
>get designer clothes from salvation army
>do car maintenance yourself
>steal neighbors wifi
>never turn on home heating/cooling
>burn free wood from lumberyards to cook meals
>only mow your lawns when a city-council notice is imminent
>go to the grocery store to eat out of the "free samples" booths
>never buy soda or bottled water
>no credit cards
>filter the car-oil and re-use it
>go to the scrapyard to buy car tires
>pick up empty cans and cash out later
>pick up half-smoked cigarettes.. roll the tobacco fillings into new cigarette paper
>eat un-eaten food at restaurants
>have 100k in bank account and investments earning interest

feels gud
>>
>>1196260
I think their exact words were "it's just a prank bro."
>>
File: 1450114274401.png (29 KB, 325x355) Image search: [Google]
1450114274401.png
29 KB, 325x355
>Get fit. You can wear almost any clothing and you'll look good
>Learn basic fashion theory, and buy stuff cheaply.
>It's cheap to look rich, if you know about fashion and you are fit
>Go for minimalist furnishing styles. Extremely cheap and you'll look stylish and modern
>Learn nutrition 101 to save money on food
>Find out if bicycling and/or public transit is more viable in your situation
>Live close to where you work
>Find a hobby you enjoy that is either almost free, or generates income
>Look into vandwelling. It's not for a strong majority of people, but it might be for you.
>Find out what habits drain your budget. It's often eating lunch out or buying beverage at cafés
>Learn to cut your own hair, probably the best investment you'll ever make
>Visit used clothing stores and bazaars. General resales stores. Things are cheaper and you might get a bargain.
>>
>>1196217
These threads had better be bait. Unless you faggots are investing everything you "save" from being a 3rd World shitlord you're going to die poor.
>>
>>1196407
i invest everything i make.. I dont want to be a wage slave, so i'll stick to being a third world shitlord, than working 9-5 like a cuck slave
>>
>>1196217
>>dip bubblegum in coolaid to make more bubblegum

Seriously?
Elementary school pupil detected.

MODS MODS MODS
>>
>>1196407
You mean you don't hunt pigeons in the park for free meat while doing your daily jogging?
>>
>>1196217
>chewing gum

How unprofessional. Nobody wants to watch the neckbeard cow chew his cud. Stay neetbux, yo.
>>
>>1196381
This is the first post in dozens of these threads that are useful
>>
>>1196228
You can stomp your dogs and cats too
>>
>>1196337
How does it feel to live like a scrub just to have a number I'm your bank account? What's your big plan for all your wealth? I will never understand people who do this.
>>
>>1196792
I was born a poorfag, so poorfag lifestyle doesnt hurt me.. my ultimate goal is to live off the profits of my investments, and finally live like a normal human being. Im still in the process of accumulation, (ie: i cant live off my investment returns yet).. a few more years of scrub lifestyle and i''ll be all set
>>
File: 1414033147790.gif (499 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1414033147790.gif
499 KB, 500x400
You know what's really sad about frugal threads on /biz/ is the fact that there is more legitimate good advice HERE than the rest of /biz/ combined, which is basically just "buy x crypto or get rekt lel"

This is so depressing.
>>
>>1196217
You get it wrong.

What's the point of saving $2 per hour, while you could work for $40 per hour instead?

More work > more thrift.
>>
>>1196816
Not an option in my situation
>>
>>1196827
How is working (or generating any kind of income) not an option?
>>
>>1196833
because not everyone has marketable skills or high unemployment rates in the country they reside..
>>
>live in house with no heating
>fap to stay warm

I wish I could say this was a joke but on winters I actually do this.
>>
>Structure a budget in excel allowing you to both live your life and have as well as accumulate wealth in investments
>Live by it
---
>Ensure a 3-6 month emergency fund is always ready in the event of an emergency
---
>Remove debts and unnecassry expenses from your budget
---
>Maintain a healthy credit score, even if only for the purposes of employment in the future
---
>Invest in an ERA for your future children if you plan to have them
---
>Invest your remaining income into long-term accounts such as an IRA, your 401k, or other accounts
---
>???
---
>Profit
>>
>>1196833
You said $40 an hour nigger
>>
>>1196381
>Learn basic fashion theory, and buy stuff cheaply.
quick way to do this is to ask girls to go out shopping with you at a mall, try on clothes to see what they like, avoid buying them, then find cheaper options at a used clothing store or bazaar
>>
File: oilman.jpg (135 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
oilman.jpg
135 KB, 499x499
generous anon here, if you wanna bail hard this year buy lithium (its rockething the price till 2020, tesla, china etc), i cant explain it in few words to note bore you but read these threads (5 threads total)
>>1174038

latest thread
>>1194824
>>
>>1196269
What the fuck? Who could afford giant plastic bags?!
>>
>>1196792
he wants to be the richest lad in the graveyard
>>
File: 1460813108753.png (473 KB, 624x476) Image search: [Google]
1460813108753.png
473 KB, 624x476
>>
File: 1440359175296.jpg (204 KB, 980x720) Image search: [Google]
1440359175296.jpg
204 KB, 980x720
>>1196792
>just to have a number I'm your bank account
>a number I'm your bank account
>I'm
kill you're self
>>
>>1196217
i know a gypsy who built his house from collecting scrap iron and selling it to the yard.
>>
>>1196940
How did you get a plot to build your house on?
>>
>>1196965
i'm guessing he either inherited of bought that too.
>>
>>1196898
>bazaar
where can I find a bazaar in Regina?
>>
>>1196237
>have "batteries" that are made of hollow cardboard tubes with paper clips in them going internally from the positive to the negative side. I keep these in my flashlights with only one fully functional battery so I don't run out of batteries as fast
Genius
>>
>>1196217

>check the dates on your pocket change.
> Pennies dated 1982 or older are 95% copper and worth 2.4c by weight.
> Set them aside for a tidy 150% profit

1. Go to eBay.
2. Purchase 10,000 pennies for $143.
3. Made $240 in a single click.
4. ????
5. PROFIT

Woops.
>>
>>1196792
>all your wealth

its not about becoming rich. Its acting under the assumtion that time ~ money, so that for a given cost of living, by cutting expenses you gain time
>>
>>1196792
for me it's about having money to spend on cool things like trucks and tools instead of bleeding out $2 gas station coffees and $12 lunches
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 600x450
>>1196264
>>
>>1196867
thanks mr ramsey
>>
>>1196369
Fucking beat me to it
>>
>>1196337

> missing the point of life, The Post

Protip: you can always earn more money, but time can never be recouped.
>>
File: Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg (9 KB, 220x310) Image search: [Google]
Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg
9 KB, 220x310
>>1196805
>a few more years of scrub lifestyle and i''ll be all set
Oh, is that so?
>>
>>1196867

This isnt a fucking game, kid, this is my life. Live on the Alaskan tundra for a year and we'll see how your habits change when you come out the other side. You wake up and spit your morning loogie down the sink. I swallow it for sustenance. You're the kind who throws away bad milk. I make sour cream. You tie your shoes before you leave the house. I use one long lace between them both to save $ on shoelaces, faggot. I shit in a diaper for a year cause I couldnt afford to flush. Ever heard of a lambskin condom? I fuck lambs with a condom.. cause women are just to pricey. I have a mustache, cause it gets me free hotdogs. You're up a paddle without a creek, richboy. Ill only tell you once: I keep my promises kid, cause I cant afford to lie.
>>
>>1196337
God's work m8. Dont let others Tell you how to live. /frugal/ is the next major aesthetic.
>>
>>1196228
Spiders actually run from your mouth because of the vibration of breathing.
>>
>>1197610

For me it's about purchasing trucks I can't afford, since gas will always stay below $3 now. Definitely not going to be going to $4 at any time in history again. Not ever never.
>>
>>1198190
well if you were /frugal/, you could afford them. Get to dipping that bubblegum, anon
>>
>>1198274

> anon doesn't understand longterm

Kek
>>
>>1197117
Nearest reserve.
>>
>>1196228

Do you honestly think that statistic could be measured in any way? Do you honestly think researchers set up a video camera over 1000 people for 10 years and counted the spiders ingested?

At best you could watch an empty bed and count how many times a spider walked across it, then extrapolate that it goes on 1% of the bed for x amount of seconds then take the probability that that section is the mouth and then multiply it out for time, but even then it makes no sense as a statistic.
>>
Things that require you to go way out of your way to save a few cents don't save you money unless your time is literally worth zero dollars per hour.

The time you spent managing your rain water into the toilet operation could have been spent at a job, earning more money than you would have saved.

Any job.
>>
>>1198455
>dipping your life in poverty to retire 4 months earlier
>>
>>1196337
Still fucking smoking

stay poor.
>>
>>1196337
>no credit cards
lmao what. this isn't saving you money, it's just making you look like an autistic fuck to lending agencies
>>
>>1198483
> being this ignorant
>>
>>1198479

Ah, if you go that way, then you have to balance it with how much you hate a given job. Dollars weighed by pissed-offness, I call this metric piss-off-dollars.
>>
>>1196816
>$40 an hour
smug elitist detected
>>
>>1196939
>makes post shaming someone for a typo
>says "kill you're self"
>you're self
>you're
>you are
>a fucking pleb
>>
>>1196269
Why not just charge your neigbors to shit in their lawn? Those plastic bags add up
>>
>spiders

They also bite you in your sleep. I've woken up many a times with the distinctive two pronged bite mark of a spider on my body.
>>
File: bubs.png (800 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
bubs.png
800 KB, 540x960
>>1198980
Meblimb's Lawn Care LLC. thanks you for your idea. The notion patent pending as we speak
>>
>>1196865

>faps to stay warm
>burns calories
>spends money on food to get calories back
>thinks he is saving
>>
>>1196228
>>1198472
That spider eaten while sleeping statistic is an urban myth helped by various forms of braindead clickbait "media" for 50 years.
>>
Research ways to get depression and then only eat once a day. Shouldn't be done if you have fatties in your family, then you might end up eating more instead.

You will see additional savings from not wanting candy as often because your mouth will have a sweet taste from the body burning fat and expelling acetone through your mouth.
>>
>>1199119
>implying this isn't a good hand and penis workout
>>
>>1196337
Smoking without paying for cigs doesn't save money, it harms your health.

The rest are actually kinda legit depending on where you live except credit card stuff
>>
File: 1361589542722.gif (3 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1361589542722.gif
3 MB, 300x225
>>1198019
>>
I personally buy sterling silverflatware sets for my family.

It is genius because:
1) It acts as an investment in a precious metal;
2) You can use it every day;
3) It adds to status.
>>
>>1196337
Idiotic.

Instead you could have focused all that energy into EARNING MORE and AFFORDING LUXURY while saving EVEN MORE in your bank account.

Haven't thought of that?
>>
>>1196269
I'm being contracted by a nearby golf course to shit in their flower bed. Just have to do it at night when lights are off. Groundskeeper pays me in broken/used tees. Those things are great for kindling in the winter months.
>>
>>1196217
>/frugal/
Worthless as fuck for anything other than a retirement fund or inheritance for brat kids.
>>
>>1198019
>I have a mustache, cause it gets me free hotdogs
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>1196264
>not just pooping in your garden for free fertilizer
Rofl
>>
>>1198525
Are people who say shit like this trolling? Do people unironically leverage off of credit cards?
>>
>>1196337

>no credit cards
>they pay you money to use the card
>being this dumb
>>
>>1196865
Thata costa even more calories dumbass. Buy snowpants and a winter jacket and sleep in them in you have too
>>
>>1196867
>credit score
>debt meme
This is normalfag shit.

If you arent already at the level of knowing how to manage assets and how to leverage then you need to git good.

>muh credit score
>>
Stop eating to save money on food.
Stop breathing to save calories.
Drive double the speed limit to work and get there twice as fast.
Sleep upstairs and park your car outside. Then use a zip line to get to your car faster.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.