[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many bitcoins does /biz/ have?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: bitcoin-logo-3d.jpg (588 KB, 1232x1232) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin-logo-3d.jpg
588 KB, 1232x1232
How many bitcoins does /biz/ have?
>>
>>1196066
nada, but i'm planning on getting a few dollars worth of it to have a trial go at hashocean.
i think it's a scheme but maybe i can turn a profit on it if i play it smart if they play a longer scam than my period of return.
>>
>>1196066
Holding 5.
>>
>>1196066
so anyone could throw 0.015 BTC at me i don't feel like walking 5 miles to the nearest ATM or meeting people? i can give it back with interest in 4 months. hell i can set your wallet to receive the withdraws until it's paid.

also which is the best bitcoin client? no java shit or anything it must be lightweight and fast and opensource.
>>
>>1196290
>thinking bitcoins a scheme after all these years

You're adorable, you got a teenage sister not fat I could have for a couple hrs? Here's two bitcoins just let me have my way with her
>>
>>1196303
Sent ;)
>>
>>1196312
no i just think hashocean is too good to be true, but i'm willing to give it a try with pocket change like $6 if i can secure a profit on it i might tinker longer.
>>
>>1196314
hey i don't even have an address ;)
>>
>>1196292
Why only 5 man? The bitcoin halvings in July, the price is guaranteed to rise
>>
>>1196325
i don't see this guarantee frankly.
it just restructures the market a bit miners will be more dependent on transaction fees that's all.
>>
>>1196325
>Why only 5 man? The bitcoin halvings in July, the price is guaranteed to rise
I buy them in euros, price is 380€, buying 5 more is another 2K, I can't do it every month kek.
>>
so basically how this works is i have this pic right here and shove it to the bitcoin atm and put in the bills and i get x amount of bitcoin right?
>>
>>1196325
>the price is guaranteed to rise
If everyone thinks this, doesn't that basically guarantee that the price will not rise?
>>
>>1196348
the price is governed by mass expectations partly if everyone starts to trade higher because they expect all others to trade higher in theory it can raise the price.
however you need buyers too at the higher price or it's very short lived. yo you need bulls that think it will go lot higher and they must buy in force for it to go into bubble again.
>>
>>1196348
If you go to a ETH thread, they think the halvening will reduce the number of miners during a time of large sellings and that transaction times will be so big there's going to be a firesale.
>>
>>1196354
miners don't drop out that fast and difficulty adjusts
>>
well fuck sync is 3 years behind and it basically stopped or crawled to a halt
>>
>>1196368

Give it a few days. Use online wallet in the meantime
>>
>>1196377
not that much of a problem but i almost convinced myself to get dressed and visit the only atm in the city, however if i have to wait till monday to see the money form the transfer i might just as well wait for monday.
>>
>>1196290
so how can i calculate my real return on this?

basically they sax turnover period is 3-4 months but they increase their hash rate constantly which means that any hashrate you have will have less and less shares of mined coins and the difficulty goes up and they might have less and less market share also.

so assuming bitcoin price is relatively stable a longer period to come it still looks to me these hashing powers worth less and less every day.

you will have to reinvest a great deal of your earnings to stay in the game right?

so what would be in theory a sustainable path where it still yields good percentage?
>>
>>1196303
if you still want those coins tell me why

then: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

post your addy and I might send :)
>>
I had around 250, sold them for Doge.
>>
>>1197059

Why haven't you killed yourself yet?
>>
>>1197059

I hope this is a joke. Otherwise you're on par with the retard who paid 10,000 BTC for 2 pizzas when Bitcoin was pennies. Actually no, you're far worse.
>>
>>1197055
I am not the guy who asked, but might as well try my chance.
Poorfag from a third word country, anything you throw at me would be a huge help.
here is my adress: 1KNazpmLA79cjZa7K8dYKgbV2j9W4pD3jk
>>
>>1196066
None. I sold about half a year ago. Just couldn't hang with watching it continue to dwindle. After a couple years I just ran out of hope the bitcoin will ever go up again. The last "halvening" was pretty much a dud, desu. I don't think this one will be any different.
>>
>>1197102
post proof of that and I'll be glad to send a small sum
>>
I had 16 but sold them in late January for ETH.

Now my ether is worth 53 BTC.
>>
just got into bitcoin and want to test out my wallet. somebody send me some bitcoin please.

1CRALMNHUXeXrcw4VgzCLQcgD8ndJYeFbC
>>
>>1196319
Why would you even consider putting your money in such a blatant ponzi?
It's never going to end well, and you are much better off by investing your money in something proper.
>>
>>1197146
What kind of proof, not sure how i can provide one.
I don't have a phone to take pictures or anything like that.
I live in Algeria, in Mascara to be precise, not the poorest country in the world, but living in a small shity village isn't helping, i would be happy to provide further proof, just tell me what exactly.
>>
>>1197162
Why do you need a wallet if you can't buy your own?
>>
>>1197167
I can buy my own but I want someone to send me some to see how it looks in my wallet. just downloaded bitcoin core wallet. You can send me the equivalent of five cents. I will send them back to you if you like.

>>
>>1197165
your laptop doesnt have a cam? I just dont believe you dont have anything to take a pic
>>
>>1197178
I have a PC not a Laptop, and no i don't have any other way to take a picture, i guess that's the benefit of being poor.
Honestly i could have made up any bullshit story or stolen a pic from the internet, but i haven't because I am telling the truth.
I have a skype, not sure if that helps.
>>
Thank you good anons. Anyone else care contribute

>>
>>1197164
we are talking about $6
i spend that on a lunch
>>
>>1197055
like i said want to buy 20mh at hashocean to see if they really send you bitcoins and at what rate
>>1196340
my address
>>
>>1197202
It doesn't matter how much it is. You're adding fuel to the fire.
Ponzi schemes are what gives Bitcoin a bad name. They are all toxic, and should be avoided at all costs.

Even if you send only $6, you are most likely not going to see a return on that. So in the end, what's the point in that when you could have spent your time and money on something much more efficient?
>>
>>1197214
well true i wouldn't put any significant amount on it, it's more like a curiosity could this actually work or as you said.i will report my findings honest.
>>
>>1197214
the trick to playing ponzi schemes is you have to try to secure your profit by not reinvesting everything.
>>
>>1196382
it's crazy how big the blockchain is on your hard drive.
i'm getting second thoughts about all this it1s gonna eat up my harddrive in a few years.
51 gigs 27 weeks to go.
>>
guess i´m gonna take a chance here
living in a third world country i surely would make some good use of bitcoin
please send what you like to the address :
1LmJCu67yKSMM9Sx7KNTn2GHrvyCbR3Pm5
>>
If you aren't in the 21 BTC club by 2016 you deserve a bullet to the brain.
>>
15jpYHkurr2sz439J7qwxmGKXd6TWS637E

can someone help me get to at least the 0.05 btc club?
>>
Only 2 BTC ;_;

But I am putting a good amount each month towards buying more. Especially with July coming up, I plan to get 5 8 or more BTC by then.
>>
>>1197564
wtf would you use it for in a third world country?
i mean i only want bitcoins to play with and maybe get into exchange of altcoins with some to have a feel for forexing.
there is no way i could spend the bitcoins in any meaningful way.

it would be funny tho if a guy asks to borrow bitcoin and pay back even with interest gets nothing and the fucking beggarfags that hold out their palms actually get some. i would appreciate the irony for sure.
>>
>>1198096
Just get Electrum. Then you don't have to download the blockchain at all. And it's got a much safer backup system (private seed) than bitcoin-qt.
>>
>>1198101
you know if bitcoin gets mainstream i will have shares in hdd makers.
>>
>>1198101
Just lol Bitcoin Core is more secure than Electrum. How can you expect a wallet that doesn't have the entire blockchain downloaded locally to be more secure than a wallet that connects to some servers.
>>
>>1198121
in theory you could store the wallet encrypted in a cloud service. but you need client side encryption for that. most mobile devices would overheat from all that work.

bitcoin really have a huge downside when it comes to smartphones and tablets.
>>
>>1198123
not the wallet damn the blockchain.
the wallet is just a bunch of addresses bookmarked.
>>
>>1198124
Would you carry your bank holdings on your smartphone? exactly

Something like Mycellium is safe enough for the type of money you'll be holding on your phone (just like you don't carry a ton of money on your damn physical wallet, you don't carry ton of money in your phone)

There's still higher chances that you lose the money in your bank due a bailout than you have to lose the money on your phone if you know what you are doing.

There are 0% chances of losing your Bitcoin's main stack if you know what you are doing.
>>
Im still deciding which wallet to use, which ones do you fellas use?
>>
>>1198178
you don't carry your money on your phone (if we are talking about bitcoin) you just access it so to speak. at least it would be nice to.

>There are 0% chances of losing your Bitcoin's main stack if you know what you are doing.
if you seriously think this you are beyond saving. i just told you you can lose them any time in the future. like you never even had them. and then there are the malware steals and a theoretically possible attack on your private key.

with bitcoins you can lose them as many if not more way than your cash in your pocket walking home drunk at night.
>>
>>1198387
i'm experimenting with bitcoinqt
after an entire day it still didn't sync it's overheating my laptop and filling up my harddrive.
but soon i can say:
"how many bitcoins do you think i have on my hdd?"
"?"
"all of them"
>>
>>1196066

I don't have any Bitcoins. I AM the Bitcoin.
>>
File: 1384116452098s.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1384116452098s.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>1196066
Mining 0.01 daily on HashOcean. 15Kh/s for free.
https://hashocean.com/?rid=374228

>shill ala carte
>>
>>1198405
post proof take pic of transactions with your phone or something
>>
File: Untitled.png (85 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
85 KB, 1280x1024
>>1198409
I do enjoy the site, also i'm your fucking BTC Jesus now.
>>
File: Untitled.png (79 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
79 KB, 1280x1024
>>1198416
>>
>>1198416
>>1198419
yeah well screenshots are easy to manipulate as hell takes more time and expertise with a crappy photo but whatever.
>>
>>1198419
how much did you invest into it and when do you expect it to return? and more importantly what do you do with the return?
will you reinvest even tho it's a possible ponzi or not?
>>
File: DSC_0852.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0852.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>1198428
400USD with a 1% return/day. 100 days to break even. (i dont know faster way legal or illegal)
Two year contract so ruffly 600 days. Do the maths.
Yes i'm gonna make a bigger deposit soon to pump up my income 0.06 daily. Than i wait for the Halvening. Or maybe i'm just gonna wait with hands on BTC. Still thinking about it.
>>1198423
Jesus
>>
>>1198435
wait i thought the hashing power you pay for is yours what do you mean by 2 years? not that it's not more than enough under these rates just interested.
>>
>>1198435
i think you should wait till the halvening takes effect and we see how it alters mining and returns and price before investing more into it. i would wait at least.

maybe you can get the hashrates cheaper after that because bc goes up or the hashrate will be worth more because difficulty goes down. we have to wait and see.
>>
>>1198439
Yeah there's a story to it. I didn't find any clue on the site about how long the contract lasts, so i looked elswhere and i found only one post about it, where a dude said it was 2 years. And i don't want to get my hopes up.
>>
>>1198442
it makes sense the hardware breaks down eventually and needs replacement and has an annual maintenance cost anyways. i was wondering how in the hell this could worth it for them.
and still think this is a huge scam or it will turn into one inevitably. question is if i can milk it before it folds in.
>>
155UbVZ1wV5ZF1AUnRS7MW5WAKR2xTKLR4

If anyone would like to deposit ANY amount what so ever i'd be able to purchase brand new knee pads.. thanks in advance and im keen to get started!
>>
>>1198443
Now other folks here on this board i think figured it out.
HashOcean takes our money + initial capital = hardware. As long as your money works they are happy, cause they surely take a cut on the hashes. If you leave, you take your hardware, and "abadon ship". They say thier farewell cause they made money on you as well.

I hope it's BTC symbiosis of a lotta random folks like us, around a central hub.
>>
>>1198450
i plan on doing the following:
buy hashing power for $6
wait until i can cash out $13 then buy an other $6.
basically i pocketed my investment and +10% safely before reinvesting.
this should take about 8 months. then i keep this up basically: wait for $7 reinvest $6.

this should take shorter and shorter periods of time (until the 2 year passes?) of course difficulty goes up and hashing power of hashocean increases and your share is worth less and less so the math is murky.

in theory this should secure my meager profits in case they turn out to be a huge pyramid.
>>
>>1198457
I like your precaution. I think it will work.
>>
>>1198513
unless they go belly up in the first 4 month in which case i lose a 6pack of beers.

i'm trying to figure out what is the amount of money i should scale this to the amount i can lose without a blink of an eye. the problem is i already invested in a deal recently where i can lose it all with significant amount (an online purchase), it would be a bad habit if i kept this up.

on the other hand no risk no gain.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.