[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Passive income
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 5
File: Capture.jpg (86 KB, 773x565) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
86 KB, 773x565
What have you done to earn passive income? I am pretty good at automation / web scarping and so on. I previously wrote a algo trading bot that can trade on CFD-platforms all day long (something they normally prevent you from doing as they want you to trade manually), before that I wrote a script that plays any given strategy in online-poker automatically. Normally I would just go out to lectures and stay at the library studying while my machine at home does its stuff all day long. The profits weren't extreme but I still make passively about $100/week and its more of a learning-experience for me really.

I know that a while back there was a lot of talk on the internet about making money online, is there still a way for to make money by siting all day long and doing some boring task for marketing companies for example?, i.e. by clicking through ads or completing surveys? I can imagine that I can write a bot which can do that all day... also general thread: what have you done to earn passive income?
>>
>>1191988
shit wrong pic, but never mind.
>>
>>1191988
have one fully automated web app that makes $150 - $300 /month for years from PPC

have long text file with urls of interesting websites that have potential to be fully automated

currently working on system for discovering new high quality backlinks opportunities
>>
>>1192021
is there a place where you could potentially keep answering surveys for 16 hours a day? I can imagine some unemployed people earning some bucks this way. It would be excellent for automation. A while back someone explained here on /biz/ how he ran a network of bot twitter accounts and making decent money that way. But I forgot what it was precisely he was doing.
>>
>>1191988
I have been trying to get into this with blogs and affiliate links, and I'm learning python. Any tips for an industrious beginner?

>inb4 its a meme don't do it to protect muh secrets
>>
I just have real estate. It's under management, so very passive
>>
>>1192292
Check out the "mechanize" library for python. It is easy to use, but powerful for web mining tasks.
>>
i thought of doing an automated betting bot with crisp-dm prediction model on cs:go or dota 2, but im not good at coding, so im just at a research phase.
inb4 how do i automation
>>
how can you profit off automation? post stuff to blogs and hope to get a lot of hits kind of thing?
>>
>>1191988
so basically you cant exploit CFD anmore? how did you figure out your trading algorithm?
im pretty sure you could make millions with algo trading
>>
>>1193488

Same here. I own 3 apartments in Fort Lauderdale. Don't use a management company, so I have to do shit when it comes time to sign leases, but the rent is so high that it pays the mortgage, HOA fees, taxes, and then I get about $200 a month from each condo that goes into my pocket.

The real estate market in South Florida is beyond fucked. HOAs for apartments, lmao
>>
>>1193539
real estate is so inflated here i cant afford a decent flat let alone 3, while being a student that is
>>
>>1193559

They were each about $60k and I have a decent job and good credit. I'm planning on selling them and transferring the fuck out of here, though. I'd really like to get up to Georgia or South Carolina. I hate it here.
>>
>>1193539
Indeed, 813 here.
>>
>>1193559
>inflated
That's now how you say undervalued.
>>
>>1193574
good for you anon, i hope i can make something happen soon, too
>>
im trying to learn some programming to make a mobile app for something that i think i could eventually sell off to dickbook or something
but im not sure which languages are best for a windows phone app
>>
>>1193600
go for java and if its a game try out unity engine
>>
>>1193539
only $200 in your pocket? that's only $2400 a month for the amount for the amount you've invested buying those 3 houses
>>
I suggest using Python with Selenium and PyAutoGUI for automated web interface based tasks.
>>
>>1194097
plus the equity he pays for the apartment
which he can title transfer to something else
>>
>>1194097
Real estate is far from a get rich quick scheme. It's slow and steady revenue growth with either constant leverage and expanding your offerings, or constant income and decreasing leverage.

There are many ways to earn money faster and with less effort.
>>
>>1194234
>care to elaborate?
>>
>>1195324
suk dix
>>
I want to get into sucking dicks but im not sure where to start
>>
>>1195378
Try at the tip
>>
File: Capture.jpg (114 KB, 1913x456) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
114 KB, 1913x456
>>1192049
i think it was this?
>>
>>1193574
Come to SoCal :^)
>>
>>1195421

thats where everyone starts. In the free market world you have to separate yourself from the competition to really succeed.

Start at the balls
>>
Is there any reasonable way to automate sports arbing? You would need to make the bot work with a ton of different sites by definition, and they probably have ways to catch you and even confiscate your money, right? I've been thinking about it for a while, does anyone have experience with it?
>>
File: 1460503591901.gif (1021 KB, 702x388) Image search: [Google]
1460503591901.gif
1021 KB, 702x388
>>1191988
Earn $12k / month from owning parking spaces all over the city. The beautiful thing is it requires hardly any maintenance.

Nothing like enjoying an ice cream at the mall at 11.30 am on a Monday. It's a comfy life.
>>
>>1195431
can this still work?
>>
>>1195575
Can you buy me a steam key senpai?
Just one ;_;
>>
>>1195575
Care to tell me more? Like how you find them for sale etc?
>>
>>1195634
works for me
>>
>>1195811
did you set it up exactly as the anon in pic describes?
>>
>>1195811
Better to use twitter or facebook? Any experience? Also any legal issues other than getting banned for posting CPA offers?
>>
>>1195575
ive heard buying parking lots is a bitch
>>
>>1195811
Whats your twitter, I'll follow you
>>
I'm still early on in my investment journey and only have about 10k invested in various mutual funds but so far this year in even in pretty terrible sideways markets have already gained the equivalent of an extra paycheck. I'm pretty happy. An extra paycheck just sitting here on my ass. It feels nice. I'm just going to keep adding to my capital and watch it increase over the years while I learn to trade actively. I'm hoping that I can just keep snowballing into a more and more passive paychecks to keep me comfy forever. I'm really enjoying the process of learning to invest and trade actively.

Interest and compounding growth are powerful things.
>>
>>1195575

most interesting part of that would be where you got the funds to buy/start that venture from.
>>
>>1195816
I feel like twitter would probably be best for this because you won't have to deal with facebook cock blocking your page posts and whatnot.

I've done something similar with tumblr where I just mass followed people and queued up relevant posts until the blog started gaining traction on its own. I started out with relevant content people genuinely wanted and then started promoting affiliate products. I used a bot to follow and unfollow and I filled the queue for months at a time. I also had it set up to cross post to twitter and facebook.

I think my highest earning was about $300 in a month from affiliate sales. It worked pretty well until the affiliate program I was in changed its tos and decided to screw everyone. Now I'm starting from scratch with something new but I am definitely gonna try this again when I find another more reliable affiliate.
>>
>>1195922
Thanks a lot for the insights.
>>
>>1195431

How would you setup a raspberry pi to do this? Any tutorials for a complete plebtard like me?
>>
>>1195815
Pretty much
>>
>>1195816
No legal issues, i post the links to my blog that has the cpa offers
>>
>>1196194
is it profitable? how much do you make per month? do you think someone like me who has practically zero knowledge of this stuff could pull it off?
>>
>>1196282
For sure, i have no knowledge of codibg and i was able to do it, im getting like 50-75 a month and it took me a day to set up, all you need is that automated leddit content
>>
>>1195951
you can just leave the script running on it 24/7
>>
>>1196597
ok, 50-75 $ a month doesn't seem much, given that it's all automated though why not, how many accounts do you have? also
>any legal issues other than getting banned for posting CPA offers?
am i going to get banned from twitter for this? should i post the CPA offers somewhere else?
i'm just getting started on these things so i'm trying to collect information
>>
Scrapers are a joke. Low income. And you just annoy other people, until one gets you banned.

Original content can give you a stable income.
>>
>>1196716
if i understand it correctly, you have to set up a landing site. So instead of giving straight CPA offer on your twitter, you just link your lading site which cointans CPA offers. Thats why you wont get banned i think.
>>
>>1196720
how much can i expect to make from scrapers like these? assuming i don't get banned
>>1196721
so i link the landing site in every tweet? damn i don't even know how twitter works
>>
>>1194113
>Selenium
Selenium coupled with BS is pretty powerful. I use it myself to scrape the SEC site.
>>
>>1191988
I earn €2,000 per week passive income through internet marketing bots i created with simple Imacros.
Passive income online is just too easy if you are intelligent. you dont need to be blackhat, building bots to manipulate other peoples creations to do this.

if you create an informational website, write all the relevent articles, put it on a wordpress site, join google adsense, you will earn a passive income for as long as that site stays active, which will only cost $20 a year anway.. thats just one example of thousands to earn an easy passive income online
>>
File: Capture.png (35 KB, 410x806) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
35 KB, 410x806
>>1195469
I tried this with online gambling and presenting arb opportunities. The problem, if I remember correctly, was not spotting the arb opportunities, but with the bookies detecting and cancelling the bets.

Part of the program is printed from what I ran there now. It's a pretty nifty idea if you can get it off the ground.
>>
>>1196716
i just started and havent put that much effort into it but I have around 10 accounts running. They post links to blogs that Have the CPA offers so I dont get banned from twitter.
>>
>>1196749
depends, but with the bot you have the capability of running as many accounts at a time as you want
>>
>>1195849
but how long will it take? and how risky are the mutual funds?
>>
Anyone here have experience using Zorro?
>>
>>1197186
what's the niche? do u make your accounts specific to the offer? ie if u sell diet pills you post content from reddit thats related to diet, body, health, etc
>>
>>1197019
>internet marketing bots i created with simple Imacros

dafuq does this even mean? 2k a week sounds fucking awesome though.
>>
>>1197570
I cant tell you mine but tbe example u gave is good
>>
>>1197806
i dont know im just having a hard time believing people are clicking on affiliate links in twitter spammy accounts and then making a purchase

my first thought was those kind of cheap gimmick products, you know the sites, that aggregate cheap and quirky amazon buys.

example: http://ohthethingsyoucanbuy.com/

those quirky items can all be sold from amazon via affiliate links.
>>
>>1195324
They mean index funds.
>>
I'm from Brazil, here i only need $300 to live a month, where can i find some automated something ? i don't have a clue. They have forum about this ?
>>
>>1197862
no one is going to spoonfeed you
>>
>>1197868
All i need is a direction...
>>
>>1197874
reddit.com/r/beermoney
>>
>>1197019
Calling bullshit on this. There's no easy ways to earn that kind of money
>>
Everything discussed in this thread so far is bottom of the barrel pathetic. It's the kind of thing you find clueless people doing on IRC channels and only making like $50 a month. Really sad lads
>>
>>1197887
the point is it's completely automated

its quite hard to come up with hands off systems that actually create value to be lucrative enough as you're expecting
>>
>>1195575
My parents never gave me any Parking lots downtown though :'(
>>
>>1197891
That's not true. Businesses do this all the time. It's called being an owner
>>
Real estate earns me a good mostly passive income. I own four 4-plexs. Got started with a FHA loan and 3% down and lived in unit and rented the other 3. I got an exception with another FHA loan and did it again.

I'm cashflowing ~4000/mo currently.
>>
3 days in and I have made AUD$20 each day!

http://123hotels.com.au

If anyone is interested, I am going to give the software I built (backend) away..
>>
>>1197920
AUTOMATED
HANDS OFF
NO MAINTENANCE

faggot.
>>
>>1197925
Go for it.
Someone might be able to point out a way to do it faster/better
>>
>>1197930
Go for it? Post the source?
>>
>>1197925
what method?
>>
>>1197937
I should also point out I previously built a social media marketing platform...
>>
>>1197933
Yeah, if thats what you meant by giving the software you built away.
Hopefully I can make sense of the source code.
>>
>>1197188

how to acquire said bot senpai?
>>
>>1197925
Site looks good. How are you doing promotion? Just the twitter method or are you also good with SEO? I'm working on something similar with website creation stuff. But I'm dragging my heels with the promotion aspect.

Just in case anyone is looking for inspiration or ideas to take and tweak blackhatworld is actually a good place to lurk for new methods.
>>
>>1197961
im using this one right now : http://www.reddittwitterbot.com
>>
>>1197786
it means iMacros which is a fucking easy-to-handle program for web automation and web scraping, it only fails when you have flash platforms or stuff without decent html source codes. So will work on >99% of the webpages out there, I for example had to resort to other work arounds when automating CFD-flash platforms, because they are flash-based and you can't get any decent info from the source-code of the page.
>>
>>1191988
where did this passive income myth came from anyway?
there is no passive income. if you don't manage your wealth it will deteriorate.
>>
>>1197019
>if you create an informational website, write all the relevent articles, put it on a wordpress site, join google adsense, you will earn a passive income for as long as that site stays active, which will only cost $20 a year anyway..
kek you spend day and night trying to keep your site relevant to customers so that you get money from ads (altho 9 out of 10 uses adblock) and call that passive income?

>super easy!
>>
>>1195922
thank mate, I just spent 4 hours writing a python script. Currently pulling reddit threads and will start looking elsewhere.

>>1197961
write it
>>
>>1191988
I guess I just like talking to people.
So there's that.
>>
>>1197186
>>1197806
do all 10 of your accounts focus on the same niche? i.e. do they spit out the same content and redirect to the same landing cite of the same CPA offer?
>>
>>1195575
How did you get into buying parking lots?
>>
>>1195575
how did u find it for sale?
>>
>>1192049
Try this:
http: //csl.ink/1CMW

also best PTC ever, but i don't think you can automate surveys.
>>
>>1199716
>http: //csl.ink/1CMW
ty
>>
>>1199716
>>1199812
same guy: just looked a little at the website and it should be fairly easy to automate. What's the payout like? do you have experience? are there any restrictions? do you get pure cash?
>>
>>1199812
>>1199818
never mind actually, good concept but difficult to automate, http: //www.clixsense.com/en/Helpdesk-FAQ , they have a lot of safeguard mechanisms in place
>>
>>1195324
suck dick for 1$
>>
I'm about to complete a game I made and publish it on android through Amazon and Google play, then possibly iTard. I'd like to make a few hundred per year off it. I really don't even expect that honestly.

We are allowed to get 15 minutes overtime per day at work, so I save up my shit then take a good long dump at the end of the day and get paid for it. I save money on toiletries as well
>>
>>1198869
Passive income is the same bullshit as luck. Oh that guy who worked now has a passive income. I guess he was lucky. How do I roll from my bed into passive income? Do I need to enter this survey or use this bot to scrape reddit?

Truly cancerous.
>>
>>1199824
>>1199716
As you said it has a lot of protection against automation, but the payout is good, 7-10 bucks a week. if you focus on surveys, and have the right profile, but im just starting. Offers are also good. They pay on a verified paypal, so yeah, in a way is pure cash. I use it to buy shit from china and steam.
>>
>>1200677
how much time do you spend a week for those $7-$10?
>>
>>1200034
I don't quite believe in actual passive income unless you're literally living off the interest of some very old money.

I guess a better term for it would be automated or semi-automated income. You do have to work for it to keep it coming. Its not particularly easy work either, but in a lot of cases its more fun and interesting then slinging burgers.
>>
I make 8-9k from twitter bots.
It's ok I guess.
>>
>>1201070
Translation
>I live at home and I can't get a job.
>>
>>1195751
>>1199614
>>1199624

start by going to craigslist and typing in 'parking lot' under commercial real estate for sale. theres a bunch of lots for rent and lease all over the place. its all just a matter of putting all the elements together.
>>
>>1199541
can someone answer this please :(
>>
>>1197922
Good on you lad. How much down and how much was the 4 alt lot?
>>
>>1191988
I will buy your poker algo if you teach me how to use it.
>>
>>1199716
>>1201001
8-15 minutes for each survey that pays around 1 buck.
Offers are also worth your time, but you need to install apps to an android phone or do signups.

There is also ad clicking, but it pays much less.
>>
>>1201043
that's called investment not passive income tho.
you have to manage your investments but time works for you and not you work for someone else.
nothing passive about it tho.
>>
>>1195431
Just did this https://twitter.com/proscienctister, need to change profile a bit but my script works. Any advice?
>>
I know some basic programming but which language can I use for automation? Only know Java and very basic C++
>>
>>1204578
Python
>>
>>1204582
Thanks senpai.
Also to share an idea someone could try making bot for agar. io. All it does is create small cells randomly on the map and they go everywhere. I looked up that site and people pay for that kinda shit. People will pay for anything desu
>>
How are you making that much?
>>
>>1201820
no. different niche for each account
>>
>>1204538
looks pretty good, now you just need followers
>>
1-2k/month ewhoring idiots on twitter and being an affiliate for chaturbate
>>
>>1198530
Can anyone confirm this actually works and isn't some scam?
>>
For

>>1193488
>>1197922

and anyone else who does real estate investing, how do you find your first property? It seems like during that time you'd be too inexperienced to have connections, and I've always heard that MLS and Zillow type sites either never see the good deals or get snatched up in a heartbeat.
>>
>>1204587
Can you explain a little further what that site is and what your bot would do exactly? Sorry I am on my phone and the site didn't really looks like anything on mobile, just a bunch of links.
>>
>>1206220
Have you seen agar.io? Each player controls a cell and big cell eats small cells. What the site does is create thousand of new small cells which go anywhere in the map. That's it. And people pay for that.
>>
>>1193539
Also do realestate, also in Lauderdale, also want to leave but either austin/cali. Whats your main occupation?
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.