[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cryptocurrency thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
File: six-myths-bitcoin.jpg (68 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
six-myths-bitcoin.jpg
68 KB, 480x360
Is it too late to get into the Cryptoshit now?

I have about 2-3k$, what can I do with them?

Or is Ethereum and other cryptoshit is just a meme?
>>
>>1190458
Buy a ton of Trumpcoins as quickly as possible. Not even kidding.
>>
>>1190466
Please elaborate
>>
3k should be enough to buy a few bitcoin and thousands of other memecoins like ETH or TRUMPS.

You cant really lose money on these memecoins. Theyre prettymuch worthless at the moment.. All they can go, is upwards
>>
Be careful with Eth right nown it just dropped 35% in the past few days and seems to still be a little unstable. Could be an oppurtunity to buy some at a cheap price.

XMR, FCT and MAID are good for making gains at times that aren't currently extremely volatile.
>>
MEME is trying to get IPFS on their blockchain and that's a pretty huge game changer since smart contracts, if it succeeds then it'll be on polo very very soon.
>>
>>1190488
>>1190503
What's the reasonable amount of Trumps I should buy? I don't want to sink all my savings on a tenuous currency. I have 3k$ but that's everything I have right now. Feels scary to lose it all like that.

How much did you invest in it?
>>
>>1190671
imo not more than 10% for altcoins.. stick to BTC if you wanna speculate on crypto
>>
>>1190478
Trumpcoin is the next pump & dump scheme in the altcoin market.

IMO, unless you plan on mining it yourself, or have a real interest in the technology, I wouldn't dabble in it unless you feel like just fucking around and potentially losing a bunch of money you don't need.

Trying to make money on the crypto exchanges can be lucrative, but it's also much more volatile than forex and whatnot due to smaller market caps.
>>
>>1190692
It's just that I've seen all the interest rates on deposits in my country and it's really frustrating.

Aside from that - investing is the only thing that can help me make some money.

So, I need to look into some ways of investing into something lucrative. Naturally, I've thought about cryptocurrency.

But, truth to be told, I've never invested anything in my life. That's why I'm scared shitless. Ethereum proved to be a great success and I'd like to be a part of something as successful as Ether.
>>
>>1190709
>never invested

dude, you need to try some low risk ETFs to invest in first.. crypto is hardcore speculation shit because of the volatility. If youre not prepared to accept the possibility of capital loss, dont get into crypto.
>>
>>1190709
>I know nothing
>but I want a quick buck
>crypto seems like sure money, right?

Yeah, nah. Don't waste your money on crypto unless/until you have a good understanding of the market. Learn about the coins, follow the people who are using them to build a stateless economy, and how. Don't worry about investing in them until you know the market, and if you're looking for long-term growth, stay away from crypto all together, go invest in Vanguard, build your base, and come back with $100 in throw-away money once you've done your research.

I mined BTC early on as an interesting thought experiment on the future of currency (did it for a university project in my economics course), but have no intention of seriously investing in ANY cryptocurrency, because it's too volatile imo.

For the record, I work for a major financial institution and research this kind of shit for a living, so please, listen to me when I say that you need to 1) not throw money at this shit chasing gains, 2) DO YOUR OWN DUE DILIGENCE AND UNDERSTAND THE MARKET/PRODUCT OFFERING BEFORE INVESTING, and 3) build a base in a more traditional market before speculating on this shit.
>>
>>1190458

Download robinhood asap and follow the general here, don't buy shitty volatile penny stocks though.

Put 2.5k into robinhood and 500 into cryptos. Cryptos are a fantastic way to invest if you can accept loss, and one sixth of your portfolio is a good amount to start with. And yeah, trump might be a good buy since v2 is around the corner, but lets be honest, you won't get it set up till after v2, so you are fucked. Just get BTC and wait for halving.
>>
>>1190709
I think Trumps have a good chance of going up in value just based on the market caps of other cryptos that have had the same momentum. Lot of people behind this one and its pretty small market cap right now, lots of new tech coming out too. I'd get at least some in case they hit the media.
>>
>>1190782
The swap to v2 is happening automatically on C-CEX so if you get trumps there they will just swap over automatically. No need to set up wallet until v2 is officially up and running tomorrow.
>>
waiting for a dump to buy orders or straight up buying in?
>>
>>1190782
Do we a robinhood general? How credible is it?
>>1190789
>>1190795
So, no point in buying them now? Won't they go up tomorrow?
>>1190739
Thanks for the input, economybro. What do you invest in yourself? And what books might help me in my quest? I don't really like reading Business Insider for /biz/-hints and tips. I need something better and substantial. Sorry for asking to spoonfeed me but you seem to know your /biz/-ness.
>>
>>1190806

Can you buy them now? Do you have instant access to BTC?

And yes, the robinhood general is as credible as you make it. You will still have to do your own timing though. You'll quickly learn the hard way that timing when to buy and sell is really difficult, but it's also the difference between gains and losses.
>>
>>1190818
No, sadly. I can't. I need to install everything first.

I'm a complete amateur in terms of investments. Can I still make it? I'd love to get some passive income. I'm a freelancer, so I have time to monitor the Robinhood market.

I just want to know how much I can actually gain from 2.5k$?
>>
>>1190458
Buy ETH now or wait for it to drop lower?

I know its bound to grow, but will it drop lower now?

I have a buy order at 8 USD.
>>
>>1190827

You are thinking very short term my friend. It isn't about what you can get with 2.5k now. It's about percentage gains, adding more to your investment funds, successfully dealing with risk management to keep gains, and having fun while you read the news and expand your mind (and wallet.)

Your job is perfect for side trading/investing. Download robinhood. Avoid trump coin, but start to set up your BTC at coinbase so when a tech-heavy coin starts their ICO you can jump in on it. If I would have put 20% instead of 2% into lisk I would be a very rich man. Of course I'm happy with my gains, but it goes to show that most new people don't think about risk management and how much they should invest in what. Take it slow, the market will be here till you die.

>>1190828

You really want to be in eth and not btc when halving and lisk are coming?
>>
Its never too late to make money from crypto. There's always idiots willing to throw their money away. Trumpcoin is the newest example.
>>
>>1190830
Well, yes.
>>
>when bitcoin fags get btfo in a thread they just start a new thread

fuck you op you never give up with your shilling?
>>
>>1190830
Is it true that BTC still falls to 90$? At what price is it worth buying?

Why shouldn't I invest into Trump if you're saying that LISK was your chance of getting rich?

What literature can help me successfully trade at Robinhood? Or anons from the RH general can give a clear idea on what to invest/sell?

I don't want to take it slow since I really need fast money to improve my living conditions.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 195x258) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 195x258
My thought is buy Potcoin and watch the stoners blaze it up to 420 satoshis.
>>
Speaking of trading cryptocurrency.

Is Yobit a good platform for doing all that? What do you guys use?
>>
>>1190782
>>1190818
>>1190830
Shit, man. I don't have Robinhood in my country yet. As in - I'm not in the US. Wat do? Any alternatives?
>>
>>1192514
C-CEX is best for Trumps now if you still want in. I would hurry up and get in the wagon though.
>>
>>1192778
I am on the fence. Is it worth it?
>>
>>1192856
>>1192514

Stop bumping your shit thread there is already a crypto general thread ask your questions there please
>>
>>1192857
fuck you faggot nigger it's a slow board. stop rummaging around trying to find threads to shit on.

im also a faggot nigger and I have question:
is there a service/app/website/etc that allows me to trade in the stock market with crypto? a service where i give them bitcoin, they put cash into market, and give me bitcoin back?

Or is this impossibru and I'm dumb? Is it possible to speculate on a "traditional" market using crypto?
>>
>>1192960
>it's a slow board
That's exactly why we don't need 7 versions of the same exact thread shutting up the board, retard
>>
>>1192968

o-ok senpai i understand
>>
>>1190671

Put 1btc into both. You don't want too much into small markets because you may not be able to get it all out.
>>
File: ETH.png (80 KB, 1614x538) Image search: [Google]
ETH.png
80 KB, 1614x538
Buy Ether. Thank me in a few months. Despite what the bored NEET teenagers here shill all day, anything that isn't Bitcoin or Ethereum's Ether is essentially a scam.

Anyone can make a coin, that's why there's over 700 of them. The newest actual meme, 'Trumpcoin'. Why would you put money into something everyone knows is a joke and a pumpndump, by definition you're looking to lose your own money because its not as if all the shitcoin holders come to a consensus agreement as to when they're going to dump.

There's no actual value in any altcoins, they're all a fucking joke. The only valuable things in crypto are Bitcoin and Ethereum.
>>
>>1193021
>plot twist: bitcoin and ether are both scams too
>>
File: 1451160129599.gif (1 MB, 680x849) Image search: [Google]
1451160129599.gif
1 MB, 680x849
>>1193021
Just fair reminder that anon trusty etherium has fell from 12 dollars to 7 dollars in few mere days and he tries to cope citing "mah technology" "muh innovations "
Just remember crypto currency is only based on trust like real world currency and as long people in one currency as long it gonna be on top.
What's why you keep money dollars and not rubles
>>
What drives the value of these crypto currencies? I don't understand that.
>>
>>1193146
>"Hey, see those shiny rocks? There aren't many of them, they aren't useful for anything and they look pretty. If I have a lot and show them off, everyone will know that I'm rich enough to waste my goats!"
>"Hey, that rich fuck has golden walls. I also want to be rich. Maybe he'll give me some of that gold for some of these spices."
>"Hey, look, that rich fuck and that richer fuck use gold instead of goats to transfer value. Gold doesn't die and doesn't eat. It will never spoil and you can't just create more of it. That's genius!"
And then some people found a way to create numbers that are limited in supply, even more so than gold (as gold might one day drop sharply in price due to asteroid mining) and which could be transferred to any place on the planet in a matter of minutes. Digital gold.
Also, a bunch of retards genuinely thought it was a currency and tried to use it for payments instead. Which is hilarious.
>>
>>1193146
idiots using real currency to buy them. nothing else since they have limited practical utility unless """"asteroid mining"""" becomes a thing
>>
buy bitcoins for 1k usd and buy ether for the rest 2k.

ether is dirt cheap right now so you will get alot of ethers for the 2k, just wait for a short while and you'll make good profit off it. bitcoin price will increase in july. welcome.
>>
File: TMNT.png (48 KB, 226x226) Image search: [Google]
TMNT.png
48 KB, 226x226
>>1190458
Forget cryptocurrencies.
For 2-3k$ I can sell you a crypto-house with a crypto-car and a crypto-boat.
>>
>>1193033

Bitcoin is a scam? Boy, the finale should be spectacular, its been years and still nothing. Maybe it'll all just vanish into thin air, maybe its sekaritly programmed to self destruct soon.

>>1193036

>It dropped its all over and nothing can save it I'm not sure what's evening habbening help me 4chin

Found the late-bandwagoning clueless panic seller.

How the fuck did YouTube comments get posted on 4chan boards? How many people in this thread are older than 16?
>>
File: EthMet.png (1 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
EthMet.png
1 MB, 720x720
pic related
>>
>>1192856
Well it's already starting to soar so if you stay on the fence you're gonna miss out either way.
>>
>>1194104
>its been years and still nothing.
Fucking this, desu. Bitcoin is stagnant as fuck.
>>
so why exactly are MEME and BERN the new coins i should be buying? I'm seeing them touted as being the next decent pump but whats the basis?
>>
>>1194222
At this point I feel like its people essentially sinking money into a word and hoping it takes off.
>>
Go to bittrex and buy some Bitswift. 1/5 of the entire supply is locked away and only 4 mill coins. 2 years constant development, legally registered as a company in Canada, node count rising and soon to be added on Poloniex.
>>
>>1194276
>1/5 of the entire supply is locked away
LoL it's another scamcoin then
>>
ether or bitcoin that's the only crypto currencies you can trust with enough liquidities. Monero is a crypto under evaluated the technology is awesome and when a GUI wallet will be released it will boom . For ether and bitcoin I use bity.com it's hassle free and no ID < 250 €
>>
>>1194143
I bought 9925 TRUMPS for 1 BTC yesterday.

Now I'm hoping I made the right call.

>>1194410
How exactly fluid is BTC? I mean, now it costs 400-450$ or so, but can it go lower? Like, say, 100$ or 150$.
>>
>>1194236

That's exactly what's happening.

I'll never stop laughing at the people who've bought cryptocurrencies which don't work as a currency because nobody accepts them for actual custom. What the fuck do Trumpcoins exclusively buy, bricks to build walls?

Shitcoins of course clearly have no intrinsic value whatsoever, they are just words basically, as you mentioned. They are like trading cards which you can't even physically own.

The only real cryptos are Bitcoin and Ether. Bitcoin can actually be used to purchase things, and Ether is the sole token for using computation time/power on the Ethereum network.
>>
>>1196014
>the only real cryptos are bitcoin and ether

Here, let me help you newfriend

The only crypto is bitcoin

ETH will be near zero in 6 months
>>
File: 1347540115189.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1347540115189.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>1196119

>implying

PM me your address so I can send you a framed screencap of your post in 7 months with my shit-eating grin as a giant watermark all over it because you were an incorrect retard.
>>
File: zzzz.jpg (17 KB, 337x325) Image search: [Google]
zzzz.jpg
17 KB, 337x325
>>1196125
>>
File: bitcoin-logo-3d.jpg (588 KB, 1232x1232) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin-logo-3d.jpg
588 KB, 1232x1232
>>1196125
Ur funny man

Keep bagholding ur malnourished Autist coin with promises of this and that

It tanked from what, 14, to 7, with a weak uptick to 8.

It will slowly tank further once these fucking retards who were duped into buying a shitty worthless altcoin realize it's going n o w h e R e

I'll screenshot this shit to die of laughter making fun of ETH retards when it's worth a dollar in the winter
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>1196178
>>
>>1196125
Instead why don't you give me your useless coins so you won't have to shitpost in 6 months
>>
For the newcomers to this thread the too long didn't read version is thus:

Buy bitcoin, disregard altcoins

Have the last laugh (and a bag worth a lot of money)
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.