[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What advice would you give to young people? (18-20 years old)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 11
File: giphy-1-1446998448.gif (1021 KB, 702x388) Image search: [Google]
giphy-1-1446998448.gif
1021 KB, 702x388
What advice would you give to young people? (18-20 years old)
>>
Take risks with your money - calculated ones like researched stock and business ventures not gambling, etc

School is for networking, find internships as soon as you can

Don't waste money on junk, nice cars and bad woman - shit adds up
>>
>>1189682
Honestly, disregard females acquire currency.

Don't put in a lot of effort into getting a woman unless it also helps you acquire currency. As in working with her, studying with her etc.

Also love isn't real
>>
College isn't worth it unless you're going to major in something that is required for the profession, such as needing an Accounting degree to take your CPA, getting a teaching degree to become a licenced teacher, getting a nursing degree to become a RN, etc. Also don't get loans for anything but the degree. I see too many retards using their loan credit to buy clothes, new phones, etc. That stupidity is on you. Also GPA is one the least important things to employers. Get a related job or internship and network with alumni and through organizations at your Uni. If you don't have the least bit of common sense to understand what college is really for, then you shouldn't be going.

And stop thinking life is all about having a girlfriend or boyfriend. You got to learn to raise your own self esteem and be happy on your own first. Study hard and have fun. If you have a child before you're 30 then you deserve the death penalty.
>>
>>1189701
>If you have a child before you're 30 then you deserve the death penalty
I hope you mean this just for males. Children born to females over the age of 30 have an increasing risk of genetic defects.
>>
>>1189706

I would never have a child of mine because of the risk of having a daughter. I'd rather have a retarded child than a daughter. If I ever wanted a child, I would adopt a boy.
>>
>>1189682
Save most of your money and use it wisely.

Secondly, don't do drugs and focus on improving YOUR life.
>>
>>1189682
30 years from now some asshole born in 2018 and who has an advanced degree will lay you off or fire you to show management that he/she has the balls to "make the tough choices". In essence you're fucked. All your friends will have no authority to hire you and everone in management is 20 or 30 years younger than your old ass. You're fucked yet again.

But you were smart 30 years earlier and started putting money aside JUST IN CASE you were to get fucked in such a fashion. Over time your little fund (not your IRA or your Social Security) was compounded (because you left it alone) and on the sad day you go home to your spouse you both know that your investments will now pay you your exact salary before getting laid off and will be worth $10 million dollars.

Get started. The fucking will come to you.
>>
Go away. I dislike children.
>>
>>1189682
Invest in something that will go up in price.. Like Trumpcoins
>>
>>1189787
Do i have to pay taxes on cryptocurrency gains?
>>
>>1189714
Why?
>>
File: 1452218903085.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1452218903085.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>>1189682
Buy Myriadcoin Now.
>>
>>1189682

Start a retirement as soon as possible.
>>
>>1189799
Not him, but kids are expensive as hell.
>>
>>1189682

Start a business.

Dont go to college unless you absolutely NEED a degree for the job you are seeking

Buy a home as soon as you can (but only buy during a market downturn)
>>
>>1189699
Love is real and lasts about 3 months on average, just factor that in when you feel yourself falling and budget accordingly. That is also plenty long enough for a rubber to break or to have your love forget to take her pill, then you'll have to punch her in the stomach really hard at some point to force an abortion.

>>1189714
Don't be a fool. everyone wants and has boys now so girls are in demand, you marry them off properly and collect a dowry, not to be confused with a downy. Life is risky as fuck.
>>
start retirement plans now
get a skill based job that can't be automated or outsourced
start an online business
dont marry women
again do not get married
for fucks sake do not have a kid either
be careful who you go into business with
apply for MBA if you want to
>>
>>1189849
>skill based job that can't be automated or outsourced
wtf would that be then
>>
File: 1447637049875.jpg (15 KB, 327x338) Image search: [Google]
1447637049875.jpg
15 KB, 327x338
cum right in here pussy this next generation needs kids .
>>
>>1189682
Never ever go to /pol/, I'm already dead inside
>>
>>1189797
probably but who the fuck's gonna know how much crypto you have?
>>
>>1189861
Automating the easily automated jobs. Even better would be automating the not-so-easily automated jobs.
>>
>>1189694
>young people
>having money
>2016
Wew lad.
>>
>>1189682
suck some dick
if you don't like it, well, time to work hard.
if you like it, well, it's a living.
>>
File: 1453446458232.jpg (337 KB, 1100x827) Image search: [Google]
1453446458232.jpg
337 KB, 1100x827
>>1189898
the redpill is a bitter one to swallow

the cost of knowing the truth is that you can't go back

trump 2016
>>
>>1190306
/pol/ makes losers
>>
Only get a uni degree if it's somehow completely paid for by someone else and/or if it's for something that actually requires a degree, like being a medical doctor, lawyer, engineer, scientist etc.

Also follow whatever career path you'll be the best at. Trust me, whatever you kick ass at will become your passion, oftentimes sooner than later too.
>>
>>1189728
does weed count?

I'm not addicted or anything but I love hotboxing w friends every week
>>
>Get easy job that gives free time. Healthcare jobs are an example
>Do what ever it takes to manage your money to live off of the smallest percent
>invest into your future. Any method works. Mostly about you the individual believing in yourself
>Remember this till the day you die, "A portion of what make i keep." Invest the rest

Even if you are investing $50 a paycheck, it will grow. the more money you have to throw at the market / business, the more you will get out of it (same with losses).
>Lastly get out of the big city for cheaper living. Everything is done online for the most part. No point in stressing yourself for a $2k a month apartment that cost like $600 in a medium / small town.
>>
>>1190849
Forgot to say. Gave this info to a co-worker who just turned 19. Gave him a few of my books to understand the flow of money. He's already up 1000% from his original investments of $100 a paycheck. Brought a brotear to my face just to see his happyness. all the homo.
>>
>>1190855
what books would you recommend?
>>
That's the kind of thread I like to see on /biz/, thank you guys.
>>
>>1190280
I'm 19 and I already saved up 10,000 € from my job. It's quite easy actually. Simply don't buy shit you don't need.
>>
>>1190256
>what are exchanges
You do realize that the reason exchanges ask for all your personal information is so that they can report it... right?
>>
>>1190855
>He's already up 1000% from his original investments of $100 a paycheck.

>things that totally happened
>>
>>1190996
if a stock is 100$ a piece
Raise gains:
10%=+10$
100%=+100$
1000%=+1000$
It's hard to believe guy making a 1000$ profit out of 100 dollars?
>>
>>1189682
1) If you are an employee, it's not what you know but who you know. If you do not have familial/frendly contacts, you will remain a low status, low paid, hard worked employee
2) Good, honest work is never rewarded
3) University degree is a slip of paper that can be made in photosho, the rest you can 'bullshit'
4) Investing is a meme (game' s rigged)
5) To have any chance of becoming wealthy - assuming you are not born into wealth - crime and ruthlessness is the only viable solution
>>
>>1189829
This is so vague it makes me want to puke. I'm 20, studying business and would like to start a business. But this degree isn't giving me a marketable skill nor is it giving me the capital to start a business. But you are just saying "don't go to college and start a business!". How the fuck?
>>
>>1189682
dont smoke pot, dont play videogames, stay the fuck away from this website.
>>
What advice would you give to a guy too old to take on any of this advice?

I'm a new Humanities grad with no internships or anything

How do I unruin my life?
>>
>>1191305
You either watch too much Suits or you're an idiot.
>>
>>1191350
Get a job somewhere that has opportunity for advancement. My aunt is a cluster brained cat lady and managed to turn her anthropology degree into a 70k a year job at geico. She could advance even more if she had even the slightest ambition or discipline.
>>
>>1191382

isn't 70k the equivalent of like barely-above-fast-food-tier in America?
>>
>>1191382
>>1191408

(Not that I'm saying I'm above that or whatever I'm just askng)
>>
>>1189682
Good advice ain't free
>>
>>1190280
>not having rich parents
>2016
It's like you want to be poor.
>>
>>1189779
t. 21 year old
>>
19 year old poorfag here

does /biz/ recommend any specific brand of kneepads or should I just go get the cheap ones
>>
>>1189714
I actually unironically agree with this and I'm 26

I could never love a daughter
>>
Don't waste your money, save it up and be smart with it.
Also why does everyone on here say that it's a good idea to start a business, the majority of businesses fail and there aren't many things you can sell that people will actually buy nowadays.
>>
>>1191433
Get the ones I'm selling, and just know that you will be helping a man turn into a meme once I become the first billionaire kneepad seller.
>>
>>1191450
that's the most noble reason out there
>>
File: Pimp-Named-Slick-Back.jpg (171 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Pimp-Named-Slick-Back.jpg
171 KB, 1440x900
>>1189699
>ect.
>>
>>1190855
Please recommend books.
>>
>>1189682

>Take a year off:
>Go party, have threesomes, get drunk and do a little (!) drugs. Enjoy festivals and raves, but remember to skip all that bullshit when you grow up and start working. If you must get a tattoo, do it; but not on your face, neck or lower arms.

May sound strange, but it's cheaper when you do it while your young instead of losing it completely and do all that stuff when you have a mortgage running, 2 kids and a partner in divorce.
>>
>>1191326

> pick something you like
> work in it for 1 - 2 years
> learn everything about every position, especially what the boss does
> then form an LLC and start your own

really not that complicated.
>>
So /biz/ I'm about to turn 21. I have an associates degree in business and i'm going to earn my bachelors. I make about 30k a year. I have a sizable emergency fund. Do I start investing or pay off my auto/school loans? My auto and school loans sit at ~20k Total.
>>
>>1191349
THIS.

Stay the FUCK away from video games. Stop masturbating. Avoid weed and those who smoke it.

These things are time and money sinks at the very best. At worst they will drag you down to poverty and sloth. No benefit will come from them.
>>
>>1191408
No thats like a middle middle-class salary. Fast food is like 15000 a year
>>
>>1191734
Damn, I completely agree with no more video games and no weed, but no masturbating ?

People have been masturbating for decades.

Maybe fap twice a week if you're addicted to it.
>>
>>1191748
Truth is, every time you cum it drains your masculine energy significantly.

It takes 3-5 days after masturbating to regain the lost testosterone. Ideally, you should try to keep fapping to once every 2 weeks.

Working out + withholding from fapping will give you a lot of pent up energy. Direct that energy towards achieving goals and you will move much faster along the path to success.
>>
>>1189682
Don't invest in the market, invest in forest land and aquaponics.
>>
>>1192160

>2016 Anno Domini
>still parroting this old neckbeard's tale

This is almost as bad as thinking a girl who fucks 200 guys will have a loose vagina and that labia size is indicative of vaginal wall tightness.
>>
>>1190978
>what is local bitcoins
>what is mycelium local trader
You just text some dude and he gives you cash at starbucks. Nothing like that scene from the movie Dope
>>
>>1192160
Solid advice. Thanks homie.

t. 19 yo faggot with no cash nor energy
>>
>>1191375
He's actually mostly correct. You're probably still living with mommy if you disagree
>>
>>1189816
But why is he extra afraid of having a daughter? Sure it seems intimidating and hard but if you think having a son would just be easy or something then it's a good thing you're staying away from parenthood entirely.
>>
>>1192160
Are you Chinese?
>>
>>1189682
Get a fucking job. Even part-time at a supermarket. Work, learn something, get references.

Enjoy your youth while it lasts. Especially functional joints.

Either put a wrapper on it or keep it in your pants. Kids ruin lives. Ask your parents. So many people I work with have to support kids.
>>
>>1190280
I'm 23 and I made $56,000 last year after taxes with just a high school education.
>>
>>1191408
70k for a single man is quite a lot of money depending on where you live.
>>
>>1191295
How do you suggest practically going about this? Could you recommend some of the books you read? Not trying to be snarky, I'm looking to be more financially savvy and whatnot
>>
>>1191682
What's the interest rate on loans? If you can generate a higher return than the interest on your loans, then invest. If not, pay down loans.
>>
>>1193529
But how much do you have saved? My sister makes 250k a year but never has more than a grand in her bank account because she spends.

56k a year is pretty good if you're wise with your money.
>>
I'm going to be 22 starting University studying Business Studies, any advice?
>>
>>1192987
but it is scientifically proven ,as well as loose pussy
>>
>>1193618
>250k a year
WHAT
PROFESSION
>>
>>1193747
Prostitute.

Just kidding, she's an oral surgeon.
>>
>>1193753
>oral surgeon
u mean a dentist
>>
>>1193758
>A failed med student
>>
>>1190849
Does investing in silver and gold count?
>>
>>1191748
>People have been masturbating for decades.
>>
>>1191305
fedora NEET

>>1192999
the only correct part is that you can't succeed by being an autist and never interacting with anyone ever

>>1191408
that's $20k more than the median HOUSEHOLD income in America
>>
>>1190548
Just grow up kid
>>
File: general-ripper.jpg (19 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
general-ripper.jpg
19 KB, 500x372
>>1192160
>>
>>1193939
kek
>>
bump for usefulness
>>
>>1189682
relationships are really different from friendships so dont think youre ready cause youre not.
>>
>>1189701
gpa isnt everything
inb4 is a clerk at a deli
>>
My life tipps:

Don't be extrem pessimistic about women.
Sure the data says it s 50/50, but if you invest a little time in searching, you may find a worthwile qt.
Same goes for having a daughter. Kids and dogs are just mirrors of their parents/owner.

The pareto principle applys to most stuff.
20/80 Allways keep that in mind.

If you buy cheap, you re going to buy twice.

E.g. don't buy a cheap 100$ bicycle.
Get a slightly used/new medium tier bicycle for 300-400.
Ride it as often to work as you can.
Get a good helmet.

Same applys to cars. Save up and buy a 3-5 year old with 30-40 k miles from a national producer.

Always negotiate with the dealer!!!!
America-> Ford
Germany-> Opel
etc

google the millionaire next door pdf -> read it. Unterstand it s message.

Build a circle of friends who share the same interests and values. Fuck all those commodity-friendships.

Newer buy the newest model of sth. Do a 15 min research before buying sth over 100$

I like to recommend my own 3t/20r rule.
When young, buy a small townhouse ( <80k) in a 3 mile radius to as many possible employers as you find. Pay it as fast as you can.
When you're getting a family, move in a more rural area in a 20 mile radius from the former 3 mile circle.
Lower middle class area. 200k house.

Depending on your country, do the military basic training.

Etc etc
>>
>>1189898
Pretty much.

The truth is not worth the burden.
>>
>>1194652
Some nice tips there, I definitely agree with, "
If you buy cheap, you re going to buy twice." I'm always getting shit for buying x product over y because y is cheaper. I try to explain but the dumb fucks don't understand. Now this isn't always the case but 95% it is
>>
>>1189682
Nobody gives a shit about good grades. School is for networking and building relationships with people who will scratch your back in the future. My mentor told me something very simple: "Try to make friends, have fun, and try your best." It's the best way to gain social skills if you are painfully socially awkward like I was coming out of highschool.
>>
>>1193758
Yeah sure, doesn't matter what you call it.

>>1193787
No, she wanted to work in dentistry since she was a kid.
>>
>>1195327
>Nobody gives a shit about good grades
Depends on the country. I am currently studying in the UK, and most employers require a 2.1 (equivalent to 3.3 in US GPA), but in Norway, where I am from, requires high grades when they employ you. Some companies require certain grades as minimum criteria for the applicant.
>>
>>1190942
>young people
>having a job
>2016
Wew lad.
>>
>>1193758
Oral surgeons are different from dentists where I live
>>
>>1190548
a gram is $20 where I am. Fuck that!
>>
>>1191734
>Stay the FUCK away from video games.
So what should I do instead? Work 80 hours a week? Shitpost on 4chan?
>>
19 year old here. Got a job with 18. Still living with my mother. Managed to save up 10k€ already. What do?
>>
>>1196923
>10k in a year
Kill yourself
>>
>>1193563

Quite simple really.

> listen to your gut
> try to buy stocks when they're down
> new highs will be new lows
>>
>>1191748

> Maybe fap twice a week if you're addicted to it.

I'm guessing 3 times a day isn't normal?
>>
>>1189682
buy the dip
>>
>>1189898
this
>>
>>1189694
>internships
Kek'd
>>
use condoms
>>
Any thoughts on a business/commerce degree. Is it worthwhile? I'll probably major in finance or economics.
>>
>>1191326
Hey, junior: What would you do if you could retire today with no money worries? Well, fuckstick, that's what you should go ahead and do now to have a happy life. The money will follow. Some education and experience may be required. If necessary, get someone to hold your little hand while reading this post.
>>
File: 01.jpg (20 KB, 453x150) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
20 KB, 453x150
>>1189682
Trust me, work harder than everyone else, when all your friends are done with studying after a long day, then you have to stay the extra 2 hours until midnight, start working out as soon as possible (not only will that give you physical strength, but it will boost your motivation and confidence and helps mentally), always go the extra mile and make your person interesting by differentiation (through knowledge of languages, extracurricular activities, studying abroad, internships). Start reading up on finance, at first the field of finance seems infinitely wast and complex but it's really not, after a few introductory books you will have a general overview and can focus on what you're interested in. If you know anyone who already went through business school or is in some way related to finance then you have to start shadowing them around as soon as possible, be like the son they never had, suck up all the information from people who can be a mentor to you, mentoring with the right people is incredibly important, even more so at your internships - find a mentor. Surround yourself with like-minded people, don't hang out with stoners and excessive party-people or lazy people, they will drag you down, you need the group dynamic where everyone pushes each other.

Source: I am the first one in my family to have graduated from college, I never had any references or people to ask about business life and etiquette. I had to network, go out there and figure out what the rules are. Currently, I am finishing my M.Sc. in Economics and will enter one of the banks pic related for a role in investment banking. I previously interned at all 3 in trading/sales/IB-roles, studied abroad in Moscow and Shanghai, speak 3 languages, volunteered at summer-olympics and led the largest student-business club at my university.
>>
fuck your bank. invest in an index fund ASAP
>>
>>1198671
Investment banking is in structural decline fwiw.

Better off working for a hedge-fund or doing your own analysis/research.
>>
>Go to a public in-state school and major in something that is highly employable.
>Maximize 401k and IRA contributions.
>Save between 10 - 20% of income, put in ETF
>>
>>1189682
Don't focus on pussy so much. I wasted so much time chasing bitches that I really slacked in school and at work. I'm 25 now and still working my ass off to make up for it.
>>
>>1198671
Hey man, do you have any tips for someone who hasn't gone to a "known" uni/college who wants to get into finance? I was pretty lazy during my high school years and did the minimum just so I could pass but have now developed an interest for finance and I am working towards hopefully getting a job in the finance world.
>>
How do I get into day trading? How to find a broker/brokerage? Tips and tricks? What about forex? Where do I trade? Essential mobile apps or websites?
>>
>>1192160
Thanks reddit
>>
>>1198671
What school did you go to?
>>
>>1195056

There's also some worth in resale value if you went with the higher quality product. A reliable car is easy to maintain and retain value which means you'll get more money selling it used effectively making the car even cheaper.

Some people dislike Apple but their products hold onto their value. I purchased 2012 Macbook air in amazing condition for about $600. I can deduct some of the costs as an expense for my online business (if I use it for business 20% of the time then that's $120 written off). I figure I'll use it for maybe 3 years top and even if I get $300 I'll have effectively payed ~$60 a year to use a good laptop.
>>
>>1198691
Yes working at a hedge fund will almost guarantee you more income, but getting a well-paid HF-job is much more difficult than getting into the 3 top banks. In IB of any of the big banks you feel more as a part of the system if that is what you want to be feeling, many people think its only cutthroat-competition inside banks and often that is true, but it's also a sense of community. You will get more interaction with people, you will get more deal exposure and will get to know the ins and outs of finance and business much quicker when you enter an IB because hedge funds are smaller and mostly only focus on their specific niche. But you're right, IB is in structural decline and its not all models and bottles anymore, but that sorts out the people with wrong incentives if you ask me, it sort of cleans the field for people who really want to do this job.

>>1198927
>>1199080
I didn't go to a top-20 school, its all about differentiating yourself, about making your resume instantly stick out, and about taking all the possible chances that are presented to you while in school (I mean workshops, company-lectures, on-campus events, friends who already interned and can introduce you). Of course the game is "rigged" in the way that top-20 school graduates always will have higher chances (like Oxbridge guys in UK) and that is okay. However, you can still do it with no connections. And then there is the occasional bit of luck, but luck can never be controlled. I had a fellow intern who was a straight A+ student with Msc in pure + financial mathematics with various internships on his resume and he didn't get the position he wanted, people at the 3 banks in pic related told me straight-up that it more than often comes down to straight luck, meaning are there any vacancies/headcount, do people like you, and can you start working exactly when they want you to start without any delays, and a few other factors.
>>
If you have a lot of college loans you can pay them off by teaching ESL overseas. Even if you hate it, it's just one year of your life to take a huge burden off your shoulders.

I saved $15k last year. Piss low living costs, reasonable salary, if you learn classroom management teaching esl is easy as fuck.

This probably only applies to Americans because of how ridiculous our college prices are.
>>
Read. Read literature, read self help, read poetry. Read everything. You will be so shocked at the way your life changes. I'm 24 started reading heavily, every chance I got 5 years ago. I speak clearer and with a larger vocab, I know more, I can remember more things, I stopped wasting time on shitty TV. It's truly made my life more fulfilling
>>
Use a condom. Just use a condom or whack off.
>>
>>1198910
This
>>
>>1190387
pol breeds sucess
>>
>>1189694
>18-20
>"your money"
either way this is trash advice. anyone with a sliver of self respect would end up regretting not just enjoying life around this age.

chances are even if you're at the tippy top of the academic scale at this age, you're still a fucking moron when it comes to "calculated" risks. you'll blow your money anyway and make dumb mistakes nobody would call worth the experience. a kid who researches a stock without already having years of training or a passion for economics and investments is exactly the same as gambling only with even lower chances of making anything work out.

the advice varies if you want to support your famalam soon and start your own (work 10 hour days 6 days a week and make friends in an emerging field and/or sales), or if you are convinced you can become successful on your talent and merit and don't need money that bad yet. Most kids should focus on their favorite subject, go to the best college/university they can afford without taking retarded sized loans (or taking a fuckload of online certificate classes), and on the side take programming or business management. saving money is a total waste of energy, so if you have any to save let someone else handle that for you. otherwise go out and blow off steam with friends, if you're actually working/studying hard you're already above 90% of the population and it will be easier if not exactly what you expect later on.
>>
How do I stop wanting to do anything else when studying?
>>
>>1190548
Specifically weed.
>>
If you're going into college, make it fuckin count. The higher the degree you have the more likely you'll be accepted into jobs. Also, don't go into debt unless it's absolutely impossible not to. Debt will truly and honestly ruin your fucking life if you can't handle it.
>>
>>1189861
Dentists, doctors, lawyers
>>
>>1200227
Additionally, don't use credit cards. If you can't pay for it in cash or with a debit card, don't buy it.
>>
>>1189898
Yeah.
Ignorance is bliss. I really need to get more real life friends to remove the temptation to go back, going back will just led to pain.
>>
>>1196906
Read, better yourself.

Video games are created to keep people down.
>>
>>1193654
Study, don't do drugs.
>>
File: 1459912785899.jpg (2 MB, 1580x2537) Image search: [Google]
1459912785899.jpg
2 MB, 1580x2537
>>1189682
Never listen to your parents for career advice.

If I'd have listened to my parents, I would still be working tech support because "30k a year is good money!". No mom, you're an idiot, 130k a year is good money.
>>
>>1200254
Your post really amuses me for some reason.
>>
>>1194652
What is sth?
>>
>>1200292
Not him, but I assume it means 'something'
>>
>>1192160
So, what's the verdict on this. DOES masturbating, say, once a day have a bad effect?
>>
>>1200254
sauce on that pic
>>
File: 1423276744482.jpg (31 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1423276744482.jpg
31 KB, 720x480
>>1189682
-Learn a trade even if you don't plan on using it right now when times get hard or jobs get scarce knowing how to do a job with your hands and on your own is invaluable.
- Save a portion of your wages every time and never touch it. No this is not an emergency fund. Never fucking touch it. You will know when and if you ever want to use it.
-Beware the line "_______s make a lot of money you should become/get into/start a/learn how to...." The people who say that have no idea what the fuck they're talking about and you will end up chasing a career that is both shit and does not interest you.
- Don't second guess yourself. If you want to do something then do it. Don't try to take a back door route "Well I do this first and then I'll..." no fucking attack your goal head on and don't settle.
- Don't get fucking get married or get tied down with a fucking kid(s). You're still too young to be playing house. Go live you fucking life, gain some wealth, a career, start a small business, before trying to build a family or getting kids. Build a foundation.
- Learn to rely on yourself, put yourself first. No one is going to swoop in and save you when the pressure is on, most people won't fucking care. You have to be your strongest ally and do what's to your best benefit.
- Don't ask permission. If you want to do something do it without waiting for the okay from others. Not your parents, not your teachers, not anyone. Put your mind to it and go for it.
- Fucking stay physically active. Don't be one of those fat fucks who go to college or join the work force and blame that for them being a fat fuck. 30 minutes of exercise and not eating shit can keep you at weight. Stop eating garbage and move.
>>
>>1200391
Thank you.
>>
>>1200391
what if I'm a skeleton and so is my dad
>>
>>1191412
This

captcha: PATRICIAN CT.
>>
File: 1367851088981.jpg (119 KB, 1024x928) Image search: [Google]
1367851088981.jpg
119 KB, 1024x928
>>1189694
>>1189699
>>1189701
>>1189849
>>1200052
>>1200391

Thank you guys.

I'm graduating in two weeks and you all have made me feel more prepared and confident on making important life decisions in general.
This board honestly has some of the greatest people in this cancerous corner of the web.
>>
>>1189682
Do internships to prove you aren't as much of a nobody as the other guys
Don't overwork
t. 22 year old
>>
File: 1460947880935.jpg (906 KB, 1796x2181) Image search: [Google]
1460947880935.jpg
906 KB, 1796x2181
>>1189898
A million times this. You can't ever undo the redpill.

/fit/ and /biz/ are the only boards that actively improve my life.
So I'm sticking with you guys.
>>
>>1190270

easy to outsource. see: india/china
>>
https://www.etf.com/docs/IfYouCan.pdf
>>
>>1201256
what about 2010 /fa/
>>
>>1190306

Osama Bin Liner in the background
>>
stop using 4chan right now and dont look back
>>
>>1200231
>if you can't pay for it in cash or with a debit card, don't use a credit card

FTFY
>>
>>1189771
Cant wait to have proper "fuck you" money
>>
>>1201256
I go on 8chuh for pol, and 4chuh for fit and biz. The former depresses me at times though. Need to take breaks from it, so I try to only go at times of political interest - like tonight's primary in New York should be good.
>>
>>1191295
>1,000$ profit
Profit was 900, genius. You forgot to subtract the initial investment.
>>
>>1189682
Ok, is this a good outline for my future?
>obtain dual majors in accounting and business management
>work at family engineering company for ~5 yrs. for experience, invest money I earn in said company because it's growing
>become cpa, continue investing in company and other ventures
>invest in land all over growing cities in my area, later sell it to real estate developers or invest in building apartment complexes/shopping plazas on the land
>invest in growing legal marijuana industry
>>
>>1200329
No. But watching porn does
>>
>>1189682

Make a list of all the shit you want in life NOW, and spend the rest of it working hard and ticking it off.

I went through my 20s with no plan, as did all of my friends. Some ended up with useless degrees, others like me, did shitty jobs hoping for something better. Spend my money stupidly... hit my 30s with not much to show, tired and burned out working for others.

Then finally got my shit together, started my own business, worked hard for myself, and made my list, and have most of it complete.

Goals in life are critical.

As for women. when you are old you will realize that pussy is pretty much interchangeable. Some girls are better in bed, some have better personalities. If you find both in one package, you may as well marry her, but never get hung up on anyone that does not go out of their way to want to be with you, and you willl never lose.

I wish I could do it all over again...
>>
>>1202174
What kind of business did you start ?
I'm on the same boat now, have a few grands aside but don't know what to do.
>>
>>1200391
> Don't second guess yourself. If you want to do something then do it.

I want to do a philosophy degree.

Should I just do it?

>>1202174
What degree did u do?
>>
>>1202035
It's a good plan except the double major. Double majoring is so pointless to do
>>
>>1202262
>Should I just do it?
The fuck did my post say? If want to do it then go for it. Want to know why I put that? Because countless young people want to set out to do something they really really want to do. And they let doubt and fear over take their desire. You end up 30 wondering what if. If a degree in philosophy is what you truly desire then make it happen.
>>
>>1202286
Thanks anon.
>>
>>1200231

How about, if you can pay for it with cash or debit, pay with your credit card and pay the bill in full.

Why ditch the 1-5% cashback? I've earned over $1000 in free money with my credit cards over the past few years.

Also I'm not an idiot, I carry zero balance each month, and have never paid a penny to the interest jew.
>>
>>1202309
This right here. I'm sick of these fucking idiots shitting on credit cards. If you have the money and and aren't a fucking idiot there are zero down sides to using a credit card. The only times I use my debit card is to get cash or the rare occasion someone won't take credit and I can't remember the last time that happened.
>>
>>1193871
Underrated comment
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.