[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck is it so difficult to get a fucking job out of college?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 14
File: 1460058408789.jpg (17 KB, 437x444) Image search: [Google]
1460058408789.jpg
17 KB, 437x444
Why the fuck is it so difficult to get a fucking job out of college?
>>
because you suck
>>
because you majored in business administration
>>
You had a stupid major, or you didn't take advantage of your school's career services to get internships and jobs.
>>
>>1185403
Because you don't have 2 years experience.
>>
niggers and jews
>>
>>1185403
>>1185406
>>1185409
>>1185414
>>1185415
Because instead of fixing the problem, our society finds it easier to blame the individual.
>>
>>1185415
pretty much this

besides having a internship, which i already did, how the fuck am i supposed to have two years experience?
>>
>>1185421
work for free :^)
or lie :(|)
>>
>>1185417
>>/pol/
>>
>>1185421
All you have to do is stretch your experiences & make it seems like you did more than you actually did at your previous job.

Look ideal, don't act autistic, and be willing to relocate.
>>
Did 3 internships in college.
Each company made me an offer when I graduated
Bidding war for my employment
Started at 70k in '12 now make 200k

Feels goodman
>>
>>1185418
Yeah, sure, this is definitely true. But dealwithit.gif is a hell of a lot easier than getting ~100 million working/job seeking U.S. citizens to work together to fix anything, much less doing so in a rational way.
>>
>>1185418
Because 9 times out of 10 the problem IS the individual.
>>
>>1185446
wake up
>>
>>1185441
Major?
>>
>>1185452
Engineer, worked for a startup that took off. Engineer -> project manager in 3 yrs
>>
>>1185418
>people go to school and study useless subjects at great personal expense
>society should create useless jobs for them to fill
>>
>>1185467
>project manager
>he's proud about being overpaid, useless, scum of the earth
>>
>>1185499
Wow, nice anecdote that you completely made up.
>>
>>1185421
Temp jobs

>shit pay, but no experience required beyond basic computer and people skills
>learn new skills on the job
>maybe transition to full time
>otherwise use said new experience to get a less shitty job
>>
>>1185467
Out of curiosity:

Are you creative and do you actually enjoy Math and Physics ?
>>
>>1185421
I managed to lie about having 7 years of experience in one job, and 10 in another. Isnt that hard.

ofcourse you need to have competence to actually back it up.
>>
>>1185403
> tfw graduating in september and just signed my contract to a big international company
>>
>>1185580
good for you nigga
>>
>>1185403

> the college degree bubble
> outsourcing of jobs
> a flood of immigration
> a generation that has spent to much time in front of the TV and computer and is ill prepared for the grit and social grace of the work world

All the above. And I'm 29. I got hit over the head by a hammer when I graduated college (metaphorically speaking). Too much Xbox and weed, and not enough preparing for the jungle that is the work world. If you aren't the wolf, prepare to be the sheep.
>>
>>1185620
>he puts spaces after the meme arrows
>>
>>1185403
The economy. And the old people hiring resent your supple joints.

>>1185409
>>1185414
I majored in engineering and it still took me most of a year. How's the back gramps?

>>1185421
I worked on a project I could market during the search. Didn't manage to sell any (I'm an engineer, not a salesman) but it kept my skills sharp and helped fill the resume gap.
>>
>>1185503
Bitter pencil pusher detected.
Just make sure to meet the deadlines, anon.
>>
File: 1459310517736.png (172 KB, 331x384) Image search: [Google]
1459310517736.png
172 KB, 331x384
>>1185777
>mfw i miss unrealistic deadlines and the idiot PMs who committed to them in the first place get the blame
>>
>>1185620
I would fuck that bitch until my dick literally fell off my body. Damn is she fine.
>>
>>1185435
First year working for free.

Need to get that foot in the door for finance.
>>
>>1185403

There could be a wide variety of reasons.

First off, all a degree proves is that you can spend four years committing to something and, if your GPA is good, that you can bust your ass doing so.

Secondly, you might be interviewing wrong. All the History of Womyn Entrepreneurs in Basket Weaving courses in the world won't prepare you for that.

Think about what you're applying for, where, why, when, and how. You can probably figure it out from there and if you can't, you may as well apply for NEETbux for your mental disability and keep trolling the chongs all day.
>>
>>1185436
yes.
>>1185785
tyrone, the post
>>1185801
my friend was asked to join some investment firm, but they required he fund his own series 7, is that also your situation?
>>
>>1185503
Not fond of project managers either. Most of it stems from how they don't seem to actually know much. On the one hand, they're out there making completely unrealistic deadlines (programming team will clone FaceBook in 2 weeks). On the other hand, they waste a ton of time asking basic knowledge questions (what language? what servers? what databases? what licenses? what contacts? etc) over and over.

I've worked for one project manager who was good. He had COBOL experience so he had some idea but he was smart enough to know it wasn't current enough to micromanage or make crazy promises. I wish he hadn't retired. Worked under too many defective people after him. The one I have now is OK but I cut him some slack because of the situation (we have a minority contractor that doesn't do their jobs right but can't be fired because minority).
>>
>>1185777
I'm lead engineer/project manager with a team of 3 engineers, 2 of them recent grads. I still have to do 75% of the work, design/testing/regulatory/etc.. Recent grads are useless which is why no one wants to hire them. 6 months in and they only just start to become useful. College does a piss poor job preping kids for careers in industry vs. acadamia.
>>
>>1185843
>(we have a minority contractor that doesn't do their jobs right but can't be fired because minority).
this attitude is not going to get you anywhere in life.
>>
>>1185880
>minorities deserve special snowlflake treatment just for being a certain color
spotted the racist
>>
File: business-people.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
business-people.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1200
>>1185403
cause its who you know not what you know
>>
>>1185911
I'm not going to get into a /pol/ argument.

my point was that you can't assign motivations to actions without knowing for sure.

>incompetent minority isn't fired
>it must be because s/he is a minority

this is a huge leap in logic, also jumping to that conclusion also reveals a little bit of a whiner's complex.

point is, don't make such huge logical leaps, and don't be so quick to feel like the world has wronged you and everyone else is getting treated special except for you.

just man up and face the challenges in front of you and don't give a fuck about the lives of other people.

also you made another huge leap in logic that I believe in affirmative action, and that I am racists.
>>
>>1185924
you jumped to a huge conclusions by concluding that the other anon had jumped to that conclusion without any evidence. So why do you feel the need to throw your deep life lessons at people who arent interested in them?
>>
>>1185942
I didn't check the id, I thought you were the guy I originally replied to. since you're some random jerkoff. Fuck off.
>>
>>1185825
No lol. I haven't even completed my first semester of university. I am basically useless. I coldcalled and said "hey, can I just get some experience in finance, I'm doing a finance degree and I will do anything you want for free" and they said yes sure lol.

All these retards think that no experience and a 3.0 GPA is enough to get them to working for an investment bank.
>>
>>1185435
yeeeeeee... don't lie. Gonna fuck you in the end, then you're fucked when your next employer calls your past employer and they tell them you lied..
>>
>>1185544

Go get that liberal arts degree with a minor in gender studies, see if I care.
>>
>>1185961
I mean I work for one of the bigger banks, I do a back office job so I'm not the investment banker making 100k+ out of college, but I had a 3.5 gpa and good work experience with internships

I actually just took a job with a bigger bank than the one I'm at now, going from from 42K to 60K, it's not NYC and it's actually a lower cola than the area I'm in now, and I haven't even been out of college for one year
>>
>>1185418

>it couldn't be my fault!
>>
>>1185447
Grab a brush and put on a little make up
>>
>>1185988
Got any advice?

Idc, anything that a newbie to this wouldn't know.

My double degree (electrical engineering and finance) takes 5.5 years to complete. What time do you think I should start applying for internships and/or cold calling investment banks. Do you think that would even look at a 2nd years resume?

How important is GPA for engineers that want to work in finance? I've heard it gets real hard later on and it's common for people to fail a course or 2.
>>
>>1186006
i don't actually work in finance, but i've heard through the grapevine that banks pay a lot of attention to GPA
>>
>>1186003
Hide the scars to fade away the shake-up
>>
>>1186006
I would wait until your 3rd or 4th year. I unfortunately had to get an unpaid internship for a few months first, but after that I didn't have any trouble landing a paid internship to get some experience while making money

I have no idea how valuable electrical engineering combined with finance is by the way, I was an accounting major who fucked up trying to get into the Big 4 and took the next best thing I could get
>>
>>1185409

>tfw majored in Business Admin
>tfw networked decently
>gradated with a 3.02 GPA
>no internships
>worked thru college

>tfw hired before graduation at the city treasury for 19.50/hr

lol talk to people and you may get lucky
>>
>>1185684
>phrasing a greentext as "he puts spaces" and not "putting spaces"
newfag detected
>>
>>1185924
>racist doesn't know the government gives preference to minority-owned businesses
>racist also doesn't know that contractors advertise minority-owned status
>>
>>1186052
>19.50/hr
>lucky
I guess for dogshit majors such as yours
>>
>>1186076

>implying youre employed

I would consider it pretty good for an entry level job and it being government. Which historically pay less, while allowing you have to have a decent work life balance
>>
>>1185684

>he gives a fuck

game, blouses.
>>
>>1185414
This is me. Math grad here who just waited until after college to start looking. It's over a year after I graduated and bussing tables. Employers by in large don't give a fuck about your education if you don't have professional experience. Don't be like me
>>
You really want to know why?
Because 4 year degrees are too easy to get, schools like calstate los angeles have 1000s of students graduate every year, and there are 1000s of schools like it, the classes are too easy. have been dumbed down. So a degree unless it's from a top school is just a peice of paper :(
>>
Because you lack any actual skills and expect a worthless piece of paper to land you steady employment. Employers can tell retards like yourself who have no determination from those who do. This is why those "stupid people" who didn't follow you into tertiary education were making 48k+ a year with plenty to grow straight out the door whole you went into debt to struggle to land a $18/hour job fighting for overtime.
>>
>>1185785

Look at her thighs man. Excess fat makes them start to look unhealthy and sag. Probably 5 seconds worth of vibrations every time she takes a step. Do you really want that?
>>
i mean a lot of people go to college and they know its bullshit. the only way they are going to think you have potential is if you did more than they did. this usually means extracurriculars or going to a more prestigious school than they did so they can feel powerful by having you work underneath them.

if you cant go to college and play a sport or do extra stuff to show you're one of "those" kids that just likes to work hard then nobody is really gonna want you.

just join the military for a few years, save a bunch of cash; its not hard and people who didnt serve have to basically respect you for no reason otherwise they look anti-american and like a cuck for hating on people who served when they didnt. itll pay off in the long run and you will make money and get great benefits. you can go to graduate school and get paid to do it id really recommend it.
>>
>>1185918
But what about the person clearly not looking at the camera
>>
>>1185446

> being this ignorant
>>
>>1186364
Not him, but she still looks good even with the thick thighs.

The only serious problem is her face.
>>
>>1186347

You mean, just as had happened with HS deplomas?

No way!?
>>
Is starting at 65-75 out of college gud

That's the average for my major first year out of my school currently
>>
>>1186618
Pretty good imo. The average 5-10 years ago was 45
>>
>>1186618
What major
>>
>>1185544
The problem with poverty is that they don't have the same opportunities as the middle class.
But OP went to college and had the opportunity to get into an industry with well paying jobs. It's OP's fault for chosing the wrong major.
>>
>>1186092
19.50 is really good for entry level, don't let these shit lords tell you otherwise
>>
>>1185403
HFT intern out of college here AMA
>>
>>1187140
which courses do you wish you had taken in college or you wished your college offered? what is your major? How math-y is your job?
>>
>>1187155
Finance major with strong emphasis on maths, that or compsci would be my recommendation (compsci could land you a job as a dirty codemonkey forever though)

Courses in college are all pretty meh, just take probability theory and do well in everything else

Job is math-y, I would not recommend it if you are not so inclined
>>
>>1185844
> tfw project manager as a recent graduate.
> Get some shitty project with scum client
> Client constantly changes their mind. Don't know what the fuck to do because too inexperienced
> Meanwhile boss wants to give me bigger project
> Project fails
> Boss says I did good job for my experience, but don't get the new bigger project

fuck this
>>
Computer engineer recent grad. Took 3 months but I landed a job earning 60k with a startup as an embedded system engineer, feels really good after so many rejections.

I think I put maybe 50 applications out there, 5 interviews, and 1 offer.

When they like you you know it soon. I got used to the disappointment.
>>
File: 1412466980270.jpg (24 KB, 480x312) Image search: [Google]
1412466980270.jpg
24 KB, 480x312
>>1185844

Word

At best graduates are useless and can be given menial tasks that don't really need doing just so they have something to do.

At worst they fuck up and everyone else has to waste time cleaning up after them.

The important question is how the fuck education can be improved so it stops being like that.
>>
>>1185441
>Started at 70k in '12 now make 200k
doubtful
>>
>>1185844
>>1187867
what an entitled attitude, you expect someone to walk onto the job and know shit. companies used to invest in employees and try to train them, now they are viewed as expenses and deadweight.
>>
>Ctrl+F
>'network'
>1 result

I had no luck either until I stopped with my shotgun approach and went for a rifle approach instead. Now I have two small companies I'm cozying up to.
>>
File: 2e4.gif (2 MB, 263x427) Image search: [Google]
2e4.gif
2 MB, 263x427
>>1187843
>Computer engineer
Heard the growth in that field is shit compared to computer science
>>
>>1188000

Once you're in it only gets better. Also no fear of being out sourced.
>>
>>1188012
>no fear of being out sourced
The semiconductor industry in America is literally dying though.
>>
>>1188026

That's one thing. Automotive sensors/effectors, smart grids, iot, space, sustainable energy.

All of these things and more a computer engineer would be fit for provided they know how to be sociable and creative.

CS is cool too man, just not for me.
>>
>>1188000
>>1188012
>>1188026
>>1188046

There isn't a general agreement on what constitutes CompE as a field.

Depending on what institution you attend, a CompE degree can mean a narrow subset of EE or be something more along the lines of EECS where you are free to choose electives in either EE or CS.

The latter is standard practice at highly ranked institutions AFAIK such as MIT, Stanford, Berkeley, Illinois, etc.

In my department, CompEs are required to take all the CS theory classes and core EE classes. After graduation, most end up in software of some form due to the software craze. Some companies prefer them over CS majors due to their additional EE background (HFT, Finance, etc are interestd in topics like signal processing, time series analysis, control theory since they think it can make them money).

CS job outlook is looking good. But I'd be wary about straight up majoring in CS, though. There seems to be a major bubble forming around it for a skill that is so easily outsourced and learned.

A surplus of idiots with CS on their resume will devalue your degree, and god knows how many retards there are in CS already.

The only valuable part of a CS degree containing relatively esoteric knowledge that will give one and edge in the job market is a class in algorithms and complexity, something which most people will be to lazy to learn on their own due to it being somewhat mathematical in nature. This is essential for distinguishing a computer scientist from a self taught code monkey who thinks he can program everything from just learning syntax.
>>
>>1188265

>A surplus of idiots with CS on their resume will devalue your degree, and god knows how many retards there are in CS already.

oh god this. My room mate was in CS. He barely knew how to code and will be a tester for all his life. I'll mention the stack to him and he treats it like wizadary.

CS= web dev clown college these days

Seems like a math degree would be the best if you loved the algorithms and pure CS.
>>
>>1185414

this was me so hard, god damn.
>>
>>1188265

You seem to know your shit. I'm a CompE that happens to be more focused in the topics you just mentioned that HTF and finance are interested (I know some ML as well). Also, it just so happens that I would like to jump to that "industry" (dem $$$). As an yuropoor, how would I "sell" my skills to those kind of companies?
>>
>>1188265
>tfw doing CS
Feeling so fucked right now
>>
>>1185403
because you're a worthless nigger
>>
Git gud faggot. I got a job a month after graduating. It's called an internship
>>
>>1187867
You don't. College is not a jobs program (unless you go into nursing or some shit).
>>
>>1186031
Why you leave your keys upon the table
>>
>>1185403
>falling for the boomer lies that you need college

im so sorry
>>
>>1188265
I'm doing a CS degree and I keep stressing out over the potential bubble pop.
>>
>>1185403
because you took no initiative while in school and your classes don't directly relate to the jobs you're applying for.

Either that or your grades are shit.
>>
>>1186024
That hasn't been my experience. IB and Wall Street care, but they care more about pedigree than GPA.

The sense I get is that it's a totally random and not really an industry-wide thing, more of an institution to institution thing.
>>
>>1186092
19.50 is ~40k annual, which is pretty good starting salary for anyone that isn't going straight to Wall Street.
>>
>>1185403
>tfw just got hired today as an IT manager
>not even graduated yet

It's about talking to people. Networking is a priority skill, honestly more important than the degree itself.
>>
>>1190989
How the fuck do you network in uni
>>
>>1191026
Talk to local employers. Attend job fairs/hiring sessions. Ask your professors or advisers about people in your field that you'd like to meet.
>>
Because you're an ugly nigger cunt, now fuck outta here and make me a burger ya lil bitch
>>
File: 1332642584530.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1332642584530.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
I had a successful internship and a promising future around the end of my senior year in college. Opportunities for good jobs in my field were available to me at the time.

I fell sick from overwork/stress around when I graduated. I decided to take the summer off. It's now the next summer over, I'm 30 applications deep and incredibly depressed. No one will take me. I shouldn't have fucking waited. I was too confident, I should have taken the position when it was offered to me. Don't be like me.

Anyway my question; when you don't know the name of the person who is going to read your cover letter (in the case of an automated system), how does "Dear Human Resources Manager," sound?
>>
>>1191067
What field are you in
>>
because theres so many people graduating fighting for the same jobs. last time my firm hired we had 100+ applicants for 2 positions. id say something like 40% of applicants were qualified and could have handled the job just fine, but we could still only hire two so of course we hired the ones we liked the best.
>>
>>1191077
Public Policy with an emphasis on the environment.

I intend to either get my masters in Pub. Policy or go into law with it. I wanted to get 2-3 years of work experience first, but right now I'm so fucking demoralized I don't know what to do.
>>
>>1185418
Instead of fixing the problem, individuals choose to blame society
>>
File: 1331948080980.jpg (27 KB, 123x158) Image search: [Google]
1331948080980.jpg
27 KB, 123x158
>friend gets me an interview at the company he works for
>interview goes well
>get a rejection mail
>ask my friend, he says they took someone else with 3 years exp
>talk to my dad on the phone, he ask about the interview
>"It went really well, I thought I got it but they took someone with more experience"
>"Anon, are you sure you maintained eye contact?"
I thought this was just a meme
>>
>>1190989
>networking more important than skill
>IT manager
yeah, explains a lot about some of the IT departments I've worked in...
>>
>>1190869
>>1190298

Whether you should worry or not really depends on what kind of "CS" program you attend. Depending on which university, a "CS" degree can range from nothing more than a programming code monkey degree to somewhat of an applied mathematics degree (which is real CS). Needless to say, programs of highly ranked institutions tend to emphasise the latter aspect while lower ranked programs emphasize the former. More on why the latter is much more valuable in a second, but first:

Currently, "CS" is being aggressively marketed towards the general populace. Think of all the retarded marketing gimmicks like an Hour of Code or WomenWhoCode and bullshit like that. And people are generally receptive towards this because they have the idea that CS is a cushy work from home job. Some think it's cool to code because they like to think of themselves as muh HaCKErs! XDxD that they see in the movies. Some slackers from your high school who played video games all day think majoring in CS to make MUH vidYA GaYMes xDxD is a good idea as well.

But it doesn't matter. Whatever their motivation is, the fact is, tons of people want to major in "CS" these days and few of them in particular are even marginally competent.

Whipping out Java or some other baby tier language sure sounds fun. Making muh apps xD xDd sure is fun. But when they get to recursion (fundamental real CS) it completely melts their brain.

At the end of the day they'll still get their degree however since most CS programs are just cash cows (same with most colleges in general).

They'll know how to program hello world in 5 different languages (oMG I'm so smARTxD #hacker) and be code monkeys, but not effectively problem solve.

This is where highly ranked programs step in, since the focus is on problem solving, not programming. Years ago MIT's CS program was criticised for not using industry standard languages like Java and instead using Scheme. Lmao MIT is so dum!! Who use da Scheme? (Cont.)
>>
>>1191729
But they're missing the point. Because if you look at SICP (the book that uses Scheme) their exercises are 10x harder than intro babby Java courses. They focus on things like induction and recursion, algorithms, etc. Not syntax or how to code hello world.

At the end of the day any idiot, degree or not can code hello world. But problem solving and mathematical ability will always be rare an in demand. In this regard, MIT's program was actually correct and effective, precisely because they didn't suck the dick of the code sweatshops who wanted more Java monkeys who can't code fizzbuzz.

"CS" has been successfully marketed to the public and idiots are going to come get your degree. But guess the one thing that nobody will ever be able to successfully market to Americans. The one thing that will never be saturated.

Mathematics.

If you're American, math is about boring stupid numbers (ugh I just wanna make GaYMes already :(( ). Other countries typically see math for what it really is. Abstract pattern finding and problem solving in absolutely anything and everything. Numbers are just a small part of that. In fact numbers have nothing to do with math at all. Just check out graph theory or the bridges of Konigsberg problem.

So in essence you can still distinguish yourself from all the fools if you know what CS is really about and focus on being good at solving problems rather than making shitty apps or games. This involves getting good at math and reasoning.

Because it's this that will allow you to pass fizzbuzz and get that job at XYZ company pays mad stacks. Think of hedge funds, etc.
>>
>>1185418
Hey man your fuck ups have nothing to do with me.
>>
>>1185418
>>1191109

Why not both?
>>
>>1191753
Sheet. I seem like a God after reading this. I am doing double major math and economics with a cs minor (I could do a triple major but they didn't let me transfer in). Gonna take an extra year though.
>>
Why the fuck is thread still alive
>>
It's because your shit and have god awful soft skills. I'm not even out of college and I already have 5 job offers for just this summer and that's with barely trying to find a job. You need to realize it's your fault, you're lacking in something and you need to fix it
>>
>>1185403
Because everyone and their dog has an Art History degree with a minor in espresso.
>>
when is it too late to learn a trade
>>
>>1191729
>>1191753
I'm a bit more predisposed to CS stuff and Math and Recursion still was pretty weird to me when I first started it, just saying.
>>
>>1192966
lmfao THIS
>>
>>1185409
you can work your way up to become a manager or use it to land a related business career but not quite the same through internships and recommendations and a better cover letter showing skills that you have learned
>>
>>1185403
All the jobs have been automated, outsourced, or insourced. CS and engineering were the last bastions of stable employment. But that'll be gone soon:

http://www.computerworld.com/article/3055028/it-careers/us-gets-236000-h-1b-petitions-a-new-record.html

/thread
>>
Nobody will say it but degrees are a dime for a dozen
While you're spending 30k and four÷ years of your life in college
That same person who decided to go straight to work for a full time job will be backed by experience and youth

So while college graduates come out of college at late 20s or early 30s
That 18 year old person with 4 years 40hour full time experience will get the same job you want but with a $200 cert
>>
File: IMG_20150506_213549972.jpg (437 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150506_213549972.jpg
437 KB, 1456x2592
>>1185403
because you're dumb and have no social skills.

consider investing in yourself.
>>
>>1194544
>So while college graduates come out of college at late 20s or early 30s
>That 18 year old person with 4 years 40hour full time experience will get the same job you want but with a $200 cert
This doesn't apply to every field.
>>
>>1194552
Assuming you're not going to be a doctor(actual doctor)/teacher/something that really needs to be backed by a degree
Which is very few considering the amount of jobs out there, you won't need one
>>
File: 1460552683222.png (325 KB, 536x400) Image search: [Google]
1460552683222.png
325 KB, 536x400
>>1185418
>muh external locus of control

Get out of /biz/.
>>
what the fuck are you faggots talking about 20 bucks an hour is fucking trash.
how the fuck do you even live off that. do you live in a fucking bin.
aim higher you fucking mongoloids
>>
because you're supposed to do shit other than study while you're in college so your resume isn't blank except for that diploma
>>
>>1185403
You failed to network professionally and socially. Networking is more important than what you learned in college.
>>
>Why the fuck is it so difficult to get a fucking job out of college?

It's supposed to be hard. Don't stress bro- we're all gonna make it.
>>
>>1186510
clearly not a team player
>>
File: 1460696358608.jpg (24 KB, 282x354) Image search: [Google]
1460696358608.jpg
24 KB, 282x354
>>1194691
>we're all gonna make it
>>
>>1190887
I were directly hired in a front-desk position in a worldwide banking corporation—I got selected for an internship prior to—and I made something like 47,000 a year as a new joiner. I don't know where many users got to work because I never met someone who suddenly made 400,000 straight out of college.
>>
>>1191067
>30 applications in
>over the span of a year

hahaha, holy shit

bitch i work full time and have put in over 100 applications since christmas. ive only gotten 1 phone interview out of it, and still waiting on a response.

you need to hustle much harder than that. im not even doing 1 app a day (granted usually 1 every weekday) and i could be going much higher than that if i valued quantity>quality. and youre not working and still only have 30 apps over the course of a full year?
>>
>>1195404
>100 applications since christmas
>implying there are even that many places to apply to with the requirements equating my qualifications
i'm just playing the wait game most of the time
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.