[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What business would you start if someone handed you 100 000 $ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: US100000dollarsbillobverse.jpg (106 KB, 742x313) Image search: [Google]
US100000dollarsbillobverse.jpg
106 KB, 742x313
What business would you start if someone handed you 100 000 $ ?
>>
>>1182562
If you can't run a business before you have a lot money, don't open a business when you have a lot of money. That said, $100k is next to no money, if that is a lot of money (to own) for you then you are either quite young, or you are not intelligent enough to open a business that would be successful.
>>
I will save it.
With that money i could start a small import/export business
>>
>>1182562
Painting. Would hire illegal polaks, pay them $10/hr and use the profits to get into property management.
>>
Start a fast food franchise.
>>
>>1182562

A printing press.

Those guys make good money and the work is dirt simple. I'd do anything paper plus signs.
>>
>>1182562
Get into beer brewing.

Market is saturated but is for a reason. If you can make a decent beer (and it isn't hard) hipsters would throw money at you.
>>
>>1182562
dunno that's not a whole lot.
maybe i would buy a small place to rent out.
>>
>>1182747
Yea, I'd be the same. Leverage it out on a few rentals, done.
>>
>>1182575
Holy shit you completely evaded OP's question. $100k may not be a lot but is more than enough to start a business.
>>
>>1182562
I'd dump it all into trump coin and hope for the best
>>
>>1182990
what business? maybe if you indebt yourself to the neck you can start a bakery or something.
>>
Maybe a little hobby shop, freelance programming on the side.

Then again I could do that today if I really wanted to, so the money probably wouldn't change anything unless it was contingent on actually opening a business.

Otherwise maybe a sporting goods store. Not sure if 100k could front that.
>>
A poker club.
>>
>>1182562
I'd put it all in GXY and TRUMP
>>
File: 1460094040844.jpg (171 KB, 1024x1820) Image search: [Google]
1460094040844.jpg
171 KB, 1024x1820
>>1183414
A fucking bakery? Are you retarded?

This is the age of the internet you faggot nigger, with 45k seed capital, we're doing 30k per month
>>
>>1183448
yeah yeah yeah sure
and i double my money every week on forex swear to my momma
>>
>>1182562
invest Berkshire hathaway
>>
>>1183448
What's your niche in?
>>
>>1183423
i was gonna say a hobby shop
>>
Not sure if this counts senpai, but I would use the money to take commercial pilot classes.
>>
So one guy here says to paint things, another guy says to start a bakery, yet another guy mentions Internet riches and starts rattling off some vague bullshit about unrealistic moonshot revenues.

Face it - none of you have any clue what the fuck you're talking about and what's scary is that there are actually people who come to /biz/ who are naive enough about finance and business to take you seriously.
>>
>>1183447
>I'd put it all in GXY and TRUMP
GXY yes
TRUMO no
>>
>>1182575
>100k
>no money

subtle braggers are scum of earth
>>
Also, OP, just buy eth.
>>
>>1183448
Tell us how and we'll believe you.
>>
Pray business. I pray for you, just send $1.00 to iPray app
>>
>>1182990
maybe a small xerox business if you place it well like next to campus
>>
transportation, either bus or van transport. I've done enough with 18 wheelers and really its not worth the hassle from the government. I have a license to legally drive anything on public roads that isn't a weapon (ie tank), so I wouldnt need to hire a driver initially.
>>
probably a florist in a good location
>>
>>1183882
idk ask https://twitter.com/fyrstikken
>>
>>1182562
For less than $10k I could start a Painting, mobile car detailing or Janitorial business. I would use about $50k to live off the first year. The rest for rainy day I suppose.
>>
>starting my own business
top kek m8. Not when employees cost $15 / hr.

I'd just shove all of it in a large diversified portfolio that pays dividends and wait for my money
>>
My income tax prep firm
>>
>>1182562
Tbh just keep building my tiny ass real estate empire.
>>
>>1182562
i would buy lisk
>>
>>1182661
wouldn't be enough, most need 500k and more
>>
>>1184599
check out chick fil a
>>
>>1183560

i've started 3 businesses myself and all 3 of them cost at least $250,000 to get off the ground (2 manufacturing, 1 auto service)
>>
Open a margin account and daytrade for real. set for life, im still frugal
>>
>>1182661
> 100k
> fast food franchise
> being this retarded
>>
>>1182562
I'd start "Anon's Haul Ass to the Beach and Start Partying" Company, LLC.
>>
>>1183525
oh shit fampai that is me.
What do I do?
What do I read to get out of tard-dom?
>>
>>1183525
i came here to learn and all i get is a vague sense of what you just said.
but it does offer some insight into wannabe rich kids soul. pump and shill threads especially.
>>
>>1182562
Dick sucking business. Obviously.

>All /biz/ goers are innately proficient in running dick sucking businesses. If they disagree they just haven't lost their shirt in ETH yet.
>>
>>1183451
I did that for 30 weeks and now I'm a billionaire
>>
>>1183414

You do know there's a thing called sole proprietorship, right? $100k is a great amount for a SP and have enough in case your business fails hard or you fuck up.
>>
>>1184805
how would you get approved for loans in the 6 or 7 figures? I eventually want to join in a business venture but it requires $5 mil in equity. The actual capital cost would be significantly lower
>>
>>1183505

Terrible idea. Pilots are struggling as fuck. They don't make shit unless you can land a gig with UPS/Fedex and you're not doing that without connections and or military experience or a minority or female.
>>
>>1183959

Probably the best idea in this thread
>>
Id fund myself and a team to make my own OS called doors.
>>
>>1182562
First off:
>Brazilian, so US$100.000,00 is R$ 360.363,65
>I'm a barber

I would buy a small house in some small town and make my Barbershop at home, specially if there is no other barbershop around. And, would still have enough for bad days, but mostly, I would have everything I need/desire: my own place where I also work.

I believe the rest of the money I would save just to get savings income. That would be a double win.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.