[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fuck should I do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 106397785-800x533.jpg (406 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
106397785-800x533.jpg
406 KB, 800x533
So /biz/, I've been working on a startup for about 2 years with a friend of mine. We have a softlaunched website with most of our features implemented already. One of our biggest features isn't done yet, but it's extremely close (only have to do the frontend).

The problem is my friend is quitting. He was very stressed about the work, used all his free time to work on a project for a different company behind my back, and jumped off the second that other company offered him a paycheck. He's being a bro and giving all his equity back, though, so I'm not too angry with him.

The problem is that I'm suddenly all alone on this project. I'd like to spend my summer working on it, but I'm 19, and I really should get a job over the summer to protect from college expenses.

This seems like a great time to go shopping around for investment cash (I have some fairly solid data that this market is large and under-served), but I don't really need huge sums. I honestly only need about $5K, and I don't think any investor is going to go that small. Kickstarter seemed like another option, but creating a campaign is a long process and I'm not sure if anybody is going to crowdfund a website.

So, what should I do? Should I try to crowdfund this, or should I go shopping for investors and try to make this a full-time thing? Would it be better if I found another partner first? If I should get another partner, how can I be sure the person I'm picking isn't retarded?
>>
>>1181239
Maybe you should rethink your life if you can't afford 5 grand to start your "great idea"
>>
>>1181262
I'm 19 and a freshman in college, and it's more to complete the idea than to start it. Like I said, most of its built already.
>>
>>1181265
Why not just get a job and work on your project in your free time?
>>
>>1181265
What did your friend do? Find someone else to help. If you are that young he couldn't have been the best at what he did.
>>
>>1181301
That's probably what's going to happen. Hell, that's what I did last summer. It's just harder to make progress now that I'm flying solo.

That, and a lot of the people in the "startup community" at my college really liked my product.

>>1181324
Design and frontend development. I would like to get a new partner, but I don't really know where to look.
>>
>>1181239
Where do you live OP? I want to hear about your idea. Perhaps, I could invest on your website.
>>
>>1181366
Ask around or put an ad up at your university? If people liked it talk to them about it.
>>
>>1181636
Colorado.

>>1181656
I'll try that, I suppose.
>>
>>1181239
5k save that shit up bitchmade. that's not even one summers worth.
alternatively find an angel investor.

I'd recommend not being bitchmade and hustling hard.

when the going gets tough the tough get going.

or jump into the credit thread and finance your shit.

>>>>1176477
>>
>>1181239
if you can graphic design get into digital marketing, ask for 1000 a month but you better have a good reason to ask for that much. Get 10 accounts, make 10000 a month.
Or hire shitheads like you to do the bs work and just focus on getting accounts pay yourself 500 per account. Pay your shitheads a reasonable wage but make them handle at least 3-4 accounts. bank.
>>
>>1181938
ur welcome bitch

also if you're like ehhhh my product is better ehhhh
then do what I said and save up a shitton of money in a few months then fund your own. You should be able to raise 10000 in at least a few months (3 clients per month cmon you can do it shithead) then just say you're moving to india and fund your own
bonus if you make them sign a 3 month contract at 800$ per month cash no books
>>
>>1181239
why not get a loan from the bank? or go on a peer to peer lending website and get a loan from the community
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.