[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UBS opinions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: ubs.jpg (2 MB, 3500x2333) Image search: [Google]
ubs.jpg
2 MB, 3500x2333
Hi /biz/

I'll join next August the UBS M&A team in London and I would like to hear some of your opinions about the company and M&A over there.

>What do you think about the company?
I know it's not the best IB but it's still a bulge bracket bank and currently the most profitable European IB.

>Heard that their culture is really good.

>Should I try to change to another IB next year?

>What about the M&A team in London?

>Is it easy to change office in a couple years? Maybe SG, HK or even NY?
>>
Sorry for not answering your questions and asking my own but I'm starting uni in the uk this october.
>inb4 underage I'm 18
Anyway what advice would you give for getting interviews , interships ect?
>>
Same guy as above just some advice.
A HSBC MD said on an insight day that anything less than two years at a bank before switching looks dodgy so i would avoid that
>>
>>1181139
>>1181126

>A HSBC MD said on an insight day that anything less than two years at a bank before switching looks dodgy

mmh actually that makes sense, I'll try to stick to that

>advice would you give for getting interviews , interships ect?

My first advice is check google. There are plenty of websites (like http://www.mergersandinquisitions.com/ ) with free internship questions and application advices. Nonetheless some less common advices that I wooul give you are:

1. Getting through the screening part is having luck, so you either do some networking or hope for luck (I didn't network fyi but had incredible luck :D)

2. Prepare numerical and logical reasoning test well. I payed for some test training exercicies. Only thing I payed for preparation, really worth it.

3.Once you know what division you like (IBD or S&T), learn as much as you can from uni or internet.

4. Read FT frequently and follow capital markets in order to know what is going on, what are the months important news or deals, etc.

5. Apply for insight week or insight day. If you have done point 3 and 4 you will clearly stand out during the networking events, presentations and interviews and you'll get straight forward a summer internship offer.

6. Remember it's not always about the grades. Yeah having good grades is important but once you have passed the screening and got to the first interview it's up to your skills. Having a CV with lots of extracurricular activities helps to stand out. I am top 20% of my promotion and got an offer, two top 5% of my promotion got kicked out of all the Top consulting and all banks bc they just had good grades, nothing else.

7. Remember IBs are SELL SIDE, we SELLstuff to our clients which means we have to convince them. It's just like a sales man of some really technical fincial products or companies, which means they need a sales man kind of type, not nerdy who cannot work in team and cannot do a proper presentation in front of people.
>>
>>1181040
UBS is fine. Relax. You will get the same pay and same disrespect from normies at most other investment bank (except maybe Goldman).

UBS didn't let me in :( at an Intern level.
>>
>>1181229
Thanks, could send me a link to the website you did the paid exercises on?
>>
>>1181303

> paid exercices
https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/

> this website if you lurk efficently you'll find all the application steps for each bank, consulting and Big 4. Make the best out of it.
http://www.efinancialcareers.com/
>>
>>1181295

sorry to hear that :( I have to admit, getting an internship or full time offer at the big banks is about having luck. Currently there are too few job positions and IB is too popular. I think only 3% of all the people who apply get an offer.

So what makes you stand out of the other 97%? Either networking, outstanding CV or luck.
>>
>>1181963
Thanks
>>
>>1181965
I had no previous finance experience at that point. I was suprised I got an interview. I suppose my previous personal investing experience maybe is why I got it. It is luck, also, I think interview skill is very important. You have to deal with clients so beign able to speak to people is important.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.