[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you get shit on for telling people you want to become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: 1442527921161.jpg (26 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1442527921161.jpg
26 KB, 500x371
>tfw you get shit on for telling people you want to become rich

Why does everyone get upset with me when I tell them I aspire to be wealthy?
>>
everyone wants to be wealthy
>>
>>1180949
shut the fuck up
>>
>>1180949
because people base morality based on if you aspire to have money versus helping others, i suppose.
>>
Well anon material possessions arent going to make you happy.

Financial security will but that doesnt entail being rich.
>>
>>1180954
Which is pretty fucking stupid considering the wealthiest often give the most.
>>
>>1180949
Because they don't believe you will succeed. (Primarily because they don't think they could do it themselves).

If you do become rich, you'll suddenly find they think it's a great thing and they'll thank themselves for encouraging you every step of the way.
>>
Keep your aspirations to yourself, and keep the results to yourself too. (Or to those select few who did genuinely believe in you.)
>>
It's probably one of those, say what you did not what you want to do things
>>
>>1180949
aspire to be SUCCESSFUL

the money will come

you could start a gang and sell crack, that would make you 'rich'
>>
>>1180949
Because it makes you sound like a fedora who saw wolf of wallstreet.

How about you talk about being wealthy when it happens?

This is like the poorfags at some minimum wage job telling everyone how much "HARDWORK MATTERS, WHAT YOU PUT IN IS WHAT YOU GET OUT" and other cliché motivational shit yet they're not successful or an inspiration to anybody.
>>
>>1180967
do you know the true difference between the rich and poor?
the poor give the rich take.
i know a lot of rich people that simply don't tip ever.
>>
>>1181183

That's deep man, which Facebook page did you find that quote from?
>>
>>1181183
>i know a lot of rich people that simply don't tip ever.
>Not paying your mandatory bribe against spit in your food.

You can't go to the same place more than 2-3 times if that's the case.
>>
>>1181194
i think they are fine with it also selfishly think if the restaurant can't make profit and pay their employees well they should raise prices.

of course that would be shit for us in general but they just don't care. they will however not pay one cent more than the have to. they could easily afford to give great tip they just don't want to.
>>
>>1181197

I could afford to buy a lambo, and I don't want to. I could send food to Africa and I don't want to.

You could do both too. Why don't you? Are you an evil rich person who believes in keeping his money for himself?
>>
>>1181200
it's just an example how the rich profit even in a simply game where the customers and the restaurant tries to negotiate price they get a better deal.

since lot of people tip those who don't have an advantage they get food cheaper. rich people take advantage of all such things in life. also in my country charity is nonexistent the poor donate part off their tax to foundations and that's it. the rich have no taxes or have their own foundations so nevermind.
>>
>>1181197
>>1181205
Nigga, what the fuck are you talking about? Eating in restaurants is not a sound financial decision by any means. You would spend upwards of £50, when both healthy and convenient options max out around £20, plus you don't have cum in your food for regularly not tipping.
>>
>>1181205

So how do you stop this made-up problem of people keeping their money to use how they see fit? Make tipping illegal?
>>
>>1181183
>Donate millions to charity
>Don't tip some millennial faggot who is working a bottom-tier lolnoskills job.

HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE POOR
>>
>>1181214
they can just go another restaurant every day.

interestingly i had an acquaintance that was told by the staff after 2 hours that he will never be served because he bailed on them without paying the last time.
he was never in that outfit before in fact he was fresh in town.
so when these restaurant fuckers hold a grudge they don't joke around.
they probably jizz into every food item just to be sure they get the ones that deserve it.
>>
>>1181220
>Make tipping illegal?
that would be a good start.
i try to take up rich people habits so i don't tip anymore.
>>
>>1181183
Which is why the poor stay poor and the rich get richer.
>>
>>1181231

So how many double standards do you keep up a day?
>>
>>1181236
what do you mean?
i don't condemn the rich i think they are the smart ones.
i just scoff at retards that say "hurr the rich give more"
not in my experience they don't in fact they pay less than poorfags for every fucking thing.
>>
>>1181237

Why do you want to make tipping illegal to hurt the rich when you do it yourself? That's like smoking weed and voting against legalization.
>>
ITS NOT A REEL GOAL ANON
FOCUS ALL YOUR TIME AND RESOURCES ON HELPING THE FINANCIALLY RETARDED
IT'LL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER
>>
>>1181244
the rich won't feel a god damn thing if you raise restaurant prices 10%.
it's just a habit for them not to indulge in expenses they can avoid.
>>
File: G5wbuag.png (951 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
G5wbuag.png
951 KB, 1080x1920
>>1181220
Yes. Fine waiters that have undeclared cash in their pockets. Get them to the same level as McDonald's cashiers, bus drivers and teachers, none of which you tip for fast service, getting you there on time and a good lesson respectively.

>>1181228
I've worked in a service station, flipping burgers and cashier slaving (Burger King). The policy was to "Never argue with a customer", so they could request a refund and you were only allowed to ask the reason but you can't decline to refund them. We had no cases of repeating customers abusing this, but I imagine barring them would be in the grey area.

Anyway, no one abused this, partially because they didn't know, partially because it's an asshole thing to do. So when you base 'tipping' as a game decision making strategy, it's not because you're kind, but you don't want to be ostracised for not participating in the social norms. Take away the face-to-face interaction, and see how many people tip (e.g. on the internet).
>>
>>1181249

Can you read? Either take the "moral high ground" and tip or don't tip and don't advocate to make it illegal.
>>
>>1181253
i guess i still have mixed feelings about all of it.
but my point still stands. i will be an asshole if i can be a rich asshole anyways.
>>
>>1181255

You don't have mixed feelings you have no moral compass, you see problems and think how to profit, a man without ideals. Living with a code makes you a richer man than a couple million you won from lisk.
>>
>>1181264
i have mixed feelings because i do think that something that is bad for most people and only benefit a few is not a good thing for society, but on the other hand i would be stupid to get screwed with the rest of them fools.

i have a moral compass and it tells me not to support something fucked up and shaky by participating especially if it hurts me.
>>
File: 1415750107400.jpg (50 KB, 640x422) Image search: [Google]
1415750107400.jpg
50 KB, 640x422
>>1181214
Up to a point.

If your wealth and or services are upwards of the 50 monies per hour to go to mid tier restaurants every day you can eat the 17k a year cost. b/c you made 17001 and worked over 1 month more than than your peers.

Only a fool holds out for Top Dollar - Joseph Kennedy
>>
>>1180949
Because they are not wealthy or ambitious and enjoy sneering at those who are.
>>
>>1181127
This

OP, it's fine to say stuff like "I aim to work a high paying job after getting a good degree" but saying "imma be a millionair" is just kinda silly.
>>
>>1181249
>Eating out at restaurants
>2016
>>
>>1180949

grow up faggot.

you don't tell people, "I want to be rich".

You don't talk about money at all. You just get it.
>>
>>1181079
>If you do become rich, you'll suddenly find they think it's a great thing and they'll thank themselves for encouraging you every step of the way.

Bullshit. They'll be two-faced, jealous as fuck and sabatoge you at every opportunity.

"no one shall occupy a place higher than mine" is the mindset.
>>
>>1181603
This. The more time that goes on the more I just don't want to say anything at all, ever.

Pretty hard to keep that discipline though, I struggle with it.
>>
File: yooooooooo.png (262 KB, 534x453) Image search: [Google]
yooooooooo.png
262 KB, 534x453
>>1181248
laughing hard at this ironic post/unironic mindset
>>
File: 4ba.png (252 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
4ba.png
252 KB, 500x389
>>1180949
Because being the crab leaping for the rim of the bucket is always a lonely path, until you meet the right people.
>Source; Once I started my own company and it turned a profit at 18 I lost almost all my friends
>>
>>1180967
Give the most what? Money? That's bullshit, most problems can't simply be solved by throwing money at them and often the super wealthy perform extravagant acts of philanthropy to justify building an empire on morally dubious acts.

I'm not anti-capitalist, but I am anti-philanthropy. If you want to help develop nations, do just that: Go over there and actually become personally and financially invested in whether that nation develops.

Zuckerberg is the perfect example: He makes his money by stealing data and making paid market research obsolete, then he donates most of his wealth to charity and everyone fellates him. It's like 'Oh man, what a sacrifice, I can't imagine being forced to live off tens of millions of dollars instead of billions. Jeez, that guys must have the shoestringiest of budgets'.
>>
>>1180949
Mostly it's the way you tell them.
My cousin always says he wants money and it gets on everyones nerve with the amount of times he says it.

When I tell people I want to create a business and earn a lot of money as well, people are intrigued.
>>
>>1180949
becuase it isn't a virtue

you can't really tell the character of a person based on how much money he has.

people want you to improve the world we are in.
>>
>>1180955
This
>>
>>1181866
>They'll be two-faced, jealous as fuck and sabatoge you at every opportunity.
That's kind of what I meant. They think it's a great thing as in a great thing they want to benefit from.

>no one shall occupy a place higher than mine
Most of the sabotage and that mindset happens before you get rich or on your upswing. I.e. what is happening to OP.

When he actually get rich, they turn sycophant.
>>
>>1181955
This is the stupidest post that I read in /biz/ for this week
>>
>>1181231
lol. My granddad was rich as fuck; and he tipped everybody, if they served him good. They would often also provide stellar service, cuz he always gave hefty tips. Its like a full circle thing. Also that way; people like you, and don't jizz on your food.

Hell, i even remember they wanted to make a smoking and non smoking section, he politely sent the restaurant an email, and changed their mind lol.

But yeah. you will probably never be rich, just a greedy skemin goyim boy.

Rich is giving value to people. and showing your appreciation (granted you can afford it).
>>
>>1181205
Tipping (well) is volountary when the service was exceptional. Other than that you'd get a nominal pity tip from me. I know a lot of people who wouldn't give you shit if the service was shitty, and they're actually right.

I love tipping threads.

tipsfedora.jpg
>>
>>1182201
that was a different generation dude.
what i observe is quiet different.
it might also vary based on geography too.

what i see is the rich optimize the shit out of their taxes, never donate to any charity (unless you know it has ad value but then it's an investment not a donation), never tip and don't give a fuck about rules in general. they speed they litter they smoke where it's forbidden and have zero regard towards other people in general. and they make money while 99% loses money.
>>
Because you live in America. For some reason the home of Capitalism and independence hates rich people.
>>
>>1182380
i think it's mostly just annoying for people when they already convinced themselves it is impossible for them to ever be rich.

people will laugh at you or pity you if you say things like that and you are more than 5yo.

that's why i say "i want to make more money!"
errybody can relate to that.
>>
>>1180949
Like most people, you probably say you're going to do something before you do it.

Then you try it for a week tops and drop it, or you never start it at all.

People catch on pretty quick when you're this type of person.

Next time, do something first before you tell anyone about it. Accomplishments look a lot better than circlejerk shit like "I'm going to go on a diet!" plastered all over your facebook wall.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 394x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 394x332
Desire for wealth is unspoken, explicitly expressing this desire conveys superiority...in the sense that you are more capable of attaining it than anon
>>
>>1181194
Someone's been watching GradeA
>>
They're crab-people with a crab mentality, OP. Tell them you also plan on getting in shape and running a marathon, then watch them snicker bigger than any projection screen they can afford.

Big life tip: Avoid them. Find people that actually do support you every step of the way. If you keep hanging around shit you'll just smell like it.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.