[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /biz/ think of Southwestern advantage. I'm from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: SWAdvantageLogo.png (85 KB, 1086x430) Image search: [Google]
SWAdvantageLogo.png
85 KB, 1086x430
What does /biz/ think of Southwestern advantage. I'm from Eastern Europe and have been approached to join their ranks and go sell books in the USA as a summer internship. I listened very carefully during the interviews and presentations, and lied and lied and lied to my recruiter just to get them to like me and invite me again so I can gain more information. I honestly think it's an invitation for slave labor.

Have any of you ever been involved with them? Did you make money? Were the hours that bad? was there really no responsibility from the company regarding your health and legal troubles?

tl;dr Is Southwester advantage good as a summer job?
>>
>>1180911
>2016
>work
>>
Could somebody that's not a complete fucking retard please reply??
>>
>>1180958
>not a retard
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>1180911
I've worked with a similar company, with a similar portfolio of products, and the same kind of training. It was a 1:1 copy.

It was a miserable experience. I barely broke even. It almost ruined sales for me. But I also learned a lot about myself, and gained a lot of personal development out of it, etc. etc. (Insert more self-discovery jibjab here.)

My biggest issue was with the products we sold--books. 95% of the people I met had an issue with books, that they were outdated, and would say that they had computers, ipads, tablets, etc. While I was able to handle many of these objections, and then close the sale, I knew that the stature of the book as a consumer product has diminished into nothing. Yes, salesmanship is important, but so is consumer demand. Demand is everything. And what you'll find in the book field is that there is little demand for books. You'll more often than not find yourself making the hard sale.

If you want my opinion--no. These kinds of internships aren't worth it. Look for something else. If you want to get into sales, try to find a more reputable company with an entry level B2B sales position. Don't do it.

Take heed, take care, and good luck
>>
>>1181145
Thanks for the actually useful advice
>>
i have sold books with SW and made ok money (a little under $10000 first summer). we worked as independent contractors so the hours are recommended and suggested, nobody will go after you and check it. just the harder someone works, the more money they tend to make. they dont select people to the work who are not ready to make effort, simply because they have less chance of succeeding. it is challenging program, not for everybody, not for people who are afraid of pay based on performance, but works well for people who are interested in starting their own business one day or who like challenging things. definitely doable.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.