[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should i study in college and what job should i look for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
What should i study in college and what job should i look for if i want to work in a skyscraper, wear a suit to work, and make at least $150k?

My college isnt prestigious ebough for me to do IB so dont suggest that
>>
>>1180873
You think it's that easy?
>>
>>1180876
Yeah im a pretty smart guy im sure i could do it
>>
you should study how you can get in touch with reality.
>>
Go into your father's industry until you're in your late 20s and then look beyond.
>>
>>1180873
My brother is an MIT and Stanford Alumni. He is married, a computer science engineer, and works at a start up. However, he earns 100 thousand dollars. For you to earn the most amount of money, you will need to work at a startup. There goes your suit. You still might work at a skyscraper. But you will not earn at least 150 thousand dollars as your first job. As you may have guessed, MIT and Stanford are top universities. You really can't get any better. There is so much competition with brilliant minds that getting that high of a wage is just darn impossible.

That being said, you can follow his footsteps to get a fairly high paying job.

I highly recommend following STEM. It is the future, and there is high demand of them. Not even consider humanities or arts.

>My college isnt prestigious enough for me to do IB so dont suggest that

If your college does not have IB, then good luck, I hope you can do AP. Without IB or AP, good luck getting into a job that will pay you 6 digits, forget about 150k.

I just have one question: Why do you wanna wear a suit for work? It's like you wanna work at Goldman Sachs or some big Wall Street firm. Getting into a startup is great. Your opinion is valued, and you can make some big decisions you can't make at a Wall Street firm.
>>
>>1180877
I suggest using your smarts to research the subject a little more instead of asking a bunch of losers on a Chinese cartoon image board to do it for you.
>>
>>1180891
By IB i meant investment banking

I might just end up going to med school and becoming a pediatrician
>>
>>1180893
"No"
>>
>>1180896

Bust your ass in audit for a few years at a big four
>>
>>1180896
>I might just end up going to med school and becoming a pediatrician

That might actually work. There is always a demand for doctors. One problem I can foresee, and this depends on your personality: Can you handle stress?

If you do intend to become a pediatrician, you can either work for a big hospital company, which will overload you with work due to the shortage of pediatricians.

The second option could be opening your own clinic. This would be like a startup, it will be stressful and you might mess up.
>>
>>1180873
>i want to work in a skyscraper, wear a suit to work, and make at least $150k?
You should aim to wear a tie (maybe a suit), make $80-100k, and work in an office somewhere with a low cost of living.

$150,000 in NYC or most major metros is solidly middle class. The money wrong go as far as you think. You will have a very, very average existence with that. It's all relative.
>>
>>1180908
My life is nothing but stress i like to think i manage

>>1180915
Middle class in nyc is fine

I love the city

Alternatively i could stay in nj and commute, but its hardly cheaper in my area
>>
>>1180891
Startups are shit pay compared to big companies.
>>
File: adam scott.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
adam scott.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>1180873
>Study applied physics
>Gain deep domain expertise in the fundamentals of all of technology and engineering
>Through studies and /or research either innovate on some already existing technology (like biodegradable plastics, for example) or even invent something original
>start a company that deals with this technology
>become millionaire/billionaire
>trillionaire if you can figure out warp drive and then just zip around the galaxy claiming planets lmao
>Anyways, once the business is well established and you've got a great team that runs it well, step back as CEO while remaining all your ownership
>live lavishly with all the free-time in the world, and do so with the blessing of knowing you helped humanity for the better and that you fucking mattered

literally any other life is fucking garbage
>>
>>1180877
If you were smart, you wouldn't have to ask
>>
>>1180873
buy an axe and become a psychopath
>>
File: 1459819165418.jpg (11 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
1459819165418.jpg
11 KB, 384x384
>>1181226
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.