[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speedy Data
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: bloomy.jpg (92 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
bloomy.jpg
92 KB, 1024x683
So /biz/, where can I get access to NON-delayed stock price quotes for free? Most free services I have found all have delays.

I'd be in heaven if I had access to a Bloomberg terminal(hacked accounts for sale anyone?). Currently I've been using the Interactive Brokers desktop client with a trial account to watch prices but it's got a fuckin' 15 MINUTE delay. What gives?
>>
>>1180614
Either a broker you have deposited money on or kill yourself.
>>
>>1180620
Great, thanks for the input!
>>
>>1180634
No, really. The exchanges make you pay for instant quotes, that's why shit like Bloomberg is so expensive (among other things).
>>
>>1180648
I understand.

What online brokerage firm has the lowest minimum to open up an account?
>>
>>1180614
scrape the data instead
>>
>>1180667

With what.. something like BeautifulSoup or Scrapy?
>>
>>1180670
i cant into python, but yeah beautifulsoup would work. you could also keep an eye out for open ajax endpoints
>>
>>1180674

>keep an eye out for open ajax endpoints
Tell me more please sir.
>>
what exactly are you working on?
>>
Nothing fancy. Just want the sexy look of Bloomberg Terminal, and instant quotes. It's not as fun when things are delayed.

This looks interesting:
http://mdbitz.com/yahoo-finance-api/examples/using-ajax-to-get-stock-quotes/
>>
>>1180683
yeah both yahoo and google provide a lot of data. another way is to pretend you're a mobile app asking for the quotes. sometimes you just need the correct headers to get in, and you can sniff this data from your own phone
>>
>>1180690

Good idea, that'll give me some more practice with Wireshark.
>>
>>1180691
here's something to get you started. i'm not the one who wrote it, but i use the same broker as that guy so i've been using that repo as reference myself

https://github.com/mikaeldui/PyAvanza/

files of interest are AvanzaApi and AvanzaHelper
>>
>>1180692
Thanks dude. Really appreciate it.
>>
>>1180694
no probs, and good luck
>>
>>1180664
Do you know any uni students? My uni has bloomberg terminals, you might be able to pay some for login details
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (610 KB, 1871x965) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
610 KB, 1871x965
>>1180683
try money.net they have a two week free trial
>>
>>1181827

Looks nioce. Thank you
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.