[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lottery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1457044468035.png (298 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
1457044468035.png
298 KB, 600x512
There's this lottery here in germany that costs you 9€/month and you get the chance to win a monthly rent of 3750€ per month until you die.
I know the chances of winning are abysmal, but 9€ is the Netflix subscription I just cancelled, so I'm a bit tempted.

Does /biz/ ever gamble or are you all disciplined enough to save every penny for actual investments?
>>
>>1180137
buying into the lottery IS an idiot tax. You will always make more playing the money into the stock market, always.

Always.
>>
>>1180144
I guess you're right.
But some people actually do win...
>>
>>1180158
Buy a asteroid insurance policy.
If an asteroid lands on your house, you'll be a gazillionare.
The odds of a space rock landing on your couch are higher than odds of winning the lottery.
>>
File: GermanyPOP.png (28 KB, 1346x583) Image search: [Google]
GermanyPOP.png
28 KB, 1346x583
>>1180137
wanna win the lottery?

leave germany

pic related
>>
i gamble for a living and the key is to only gamble when the odds are right and you think you have an edge. (so no lottery brah).
>>
lottery is stupidity tax

smart players play a lottery pool
>>
>>1180224
how could they let this happen? im going back to /pol/ to get to the bottom of this
>>
>>1180137
That's so fucking stupid that you would even consider it
>>
>>1180163
/this
but i either way still bet for the dream
>>
File: dinosaurs-biggie-mashup.jpg (26 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
dinosaurs-biggie-mashup.jpg
26 KB, 620x349
>>1180163
>asteroid insurance
>>
>>1180137
I do. i buy a mega millions ticket about every time i fill up my tank. it's a minor thing for me - only chance i have at 9 figures. stuff like that isn't a big deal as long as it's small-money and you don't act like buying 100 tickets make you more likely to win than 1

on your last question, yea i do gamble; that's what stocks have been for me for the past couple of months. i'm worried it's becoming an addiction. i've lowered what money i've put up, and i'm making decisions more logically now, but i got to say i do it for the thrill more than anything right now.
>>
>a recurring payment for a value losing proposition
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.