[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Places to meet a business partner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_o3d98en3ZH1twli78o1_1280.jpg (249 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3d98en3ZH1twli78o1_1280.jpg
249 KB, 1080x1080
Hi /biz

I read that advertising/soliciting is not allowed here which I understand, My question is: Where are good places to find online business partners? Is there a section for this on 4chan or would I need to move to another online community?

Thanks!
>>
>>1180043
Depends on your age. If you're young & educated try to visit some kind of incubation centre for startups.

For example, my school has this http://researchpark.illinois.edu/enterpriseworks

Have business executives stop by there all the time, and most student that hang around there are really fucking smart
>>
>>1180048
I recently turned 20, Dropped out of college to run my web network which is getting large and I don't have the time to focus on everything else I want to do. I've looked into university programs and offerings but I don't think most of it fits the online theme per se. Thanks for the input!
>>
>>1180048
Weird question, but do you know what it is about those students that gives off the "smart" vibes?
>>
>>1180043

Tbh, you would just have to find someone in person that you trust.

There are some sly people out there that would hang around those kind of groups to try and lure people out of ideas and money, these guys are smart people, and unless you were one of them id find people other ways cause there would be nothing worse than making a startup and as soon as it takes off they do some legal mumbo-jumbo and take everything away from you.
>>
>>1180051
how'd you build up your network?
>>
>>1180079
I had a few business partners before that I had met and socialized with in real life (even went clubbing with some of these people) yet the relationships turned stale and things fell apart. I'd rather find someone who I communicate with specifically online and only business related.
>>
>>1180089
It actually started after I spent too much money on my first platform, With no real knowledge or experience I kept creating niche websites and trying my luck with SEO. When I realized I had $0.50 in my bank I knew I had to change something, I stated hanging around wealthy meet spots in my area (I am fortunate enough to have moved to a location before it had large amounts of wealth coming in). After socializing with people from a plethora or different business environments I realized something most people forget is important: automation, repetition and scale. Since then I've created a network that now caters to many people.

TL;DR Learnt from successful people about automation and repetition.
>>
Bumping for any potential new suggestions
>>
>>1180134
nigger dick hurricane
>>
the larger annual seo and digital marketers conferences are a great place to meet like minded people. pubcon, sxm, mozcon, adtech, to name just a few, are all excellent.

been marketing online full-time since '09. in that time i've pretty much done it all w varying degrees of success...affiliate, cpa, and email marketing. went for periods driving only paid traffic (ppc/ppv/cpm), other times did only seo, depending on the specific projects i was working on at the time. built several dozen full sites on a variety of platforms including wordpress, weebly, wix, and some straight html, and i couldn't tell u how many landers/squeeze pages i've built. out of everything what i've had most success w is using primarily seo (w some ppc) to built out lead gen sites for local businesses. started that a few yrs ago and it's all i do now. i've been at the point for a few months now where i can't keep up w the business. last few weeks i've been reaching out to try and partner w some of the designers and programmers i outsource to as well as to some of the guys i buy complete sites from. that's another place u might find someone to work w, anyone you've been doing business w online for a while and have built up some kind of relationship.

just curious, can u be a little more specific about what your business does?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.