[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this a bitch move? I had a great interview today but one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.png (31 KB, 1182x658) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31 KB, 1182x658
Was this a bitch move? I had a great interview today but one of the first things that I brought up was how I liked making my own microcontrollers. I had assumed it was easily possible and I was mistaken. I've already sent it, I'm just wondering if this was a mistake.
>>
>>1179547
Gosh, why would you write something like that? You said it was a good interview, if you don't want the job just say so.
>>
>>1179557

Well if they looked into what I said they'd know I was wrong. Kind of makes sense to be outed on your own terms.
>>
>>1179547
I cringed
>>
>>1179547
dude, you sound like a boss!
i'm 5 years out of school and am a shitty engineer.
how many yrs out of school are u? computer engineer? I'm electrical.
>>
>>1179574

I did too, but what would you have done? Be found out to be wrong with two seconds of googling or show that you can be honest. Tell me that it doesn't take balls to send an email like that. People like honesty.

>>1179584

Yep computer engineer. I got 18/20 of the technical questions right which felt pretty good, especially where I don't program in Java ever and the entire test was in Java.
>>
File: 1451146154432.jpg (145 KB, 1076x1306) Image search: [Google]
1451146154432.jpg
145 KB, 1076x1306
>>1179584

I am 4 months out of school. Doing my Masters and job hunting. I have another interview Friday, Monday, and had two already this week.

Something is going to work out soon I hope. I need more work experience.
>>
File: yay.png (45 KB, 800x269) Image search: [Google]
yay.png
45 KB, 800x269
OP here.

Well guys I don't know why I even worried.
>>
>>1180423

Damn, you pulled.
>>
>>1180423
Not in the field, but it seemed endearing to me. Then I read this. Good job.
>>
>>1180423
lol the interviewer read OPs autism ramblings to his buddy and he said "I have to meet this fucking weirdo before we go back to China"
>>
>>1180492

Newfoundland is in Canada friendo.

And I already met him, they interviewed me.
>>
>>1179547
>not mentioning how you can stealthily mine ethereum on those sweet rasberries and make the company billions in the future

I'd say it could have went better.
>>
>>1179593
>People like honesty.
LOL, good one.
>>
>>1179595
>>1179593
>>1180423
I knew you'd hear back from them.
What a boss!
>>
>>1180423
sounds like they want to date you

you may not have the job but you have a long distance LTR!
>>
>>1179557
Gotta agree with this anon, really was no point in sending that op. I don't think it'll mess up anything though but I don't know the company. My boss literally turns down applicants because they give him a bad vibe even though he's through shadiest guy I've ever met.
>>
File: dance.gif (2 MB, 360x414) Image search: [Google]
dance.gif
2 MB, 360x414
Guess what mother fuckers! I got the job!

They want me on as the lead hardware engineer and programming responsibilities. They loved that I was honest.

60k starting, first real job. I'm so fucking happy.
>>
>>1181016
Yeah but now you live in Newfoundland, hope you like shitty accents and fish
>>
>>1181032

They work remotely from Newfoundland, the office is in Nova Scotia.
>>
>>1181032

And Newfoundland is great, you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>1180511
>the current year
>not getting the meme

Canada is quickly becoming a Chinese colony.
>>
>>1180902
an LDLTR if you will.
>>
>>1181016
Wow, nice new interview technique, going to use that
>>
Just got back from another interview with an automotive engineering firm, definitely fucked up some of the electrical engineering questions but admitted to it instead of guessing. Nailed the programming stuff.

I then cut the bs and said I have another offer so I want to know if we're going to move forward, he said yes, round two interview next week.

I secretly was hoping he would say no so I wouldn't have to decide.

So /biz/ do I join a startup and be the boss of hardware or do I join the ranks of a project that's going to run until 2019?

If you had asked me two months ago if I'd ever have to decide I would say no.
>>
>>1179547
$10 is a fuckton especially if whatever you're selling is going to be sold en mass. Custom, once designed and a mask is made, could run you literally pennies.

I'm guessing it's a meme tier start up for a consumer doohickey where you don't actually expect to sell millions of units right?

You're autistic reply will probably be a good thing then since they'll think you "care" and hire you based on that instead of any knowledge or expertise. Be prepared to work with many other "nice" but retarded people and then be out of a job in 3-6 months.
>>
>>1182320

They have a limited customer base but the products themselves sell for five grand. It's targeted specifically towards dental calibration tools.

Not a big staff either, they expect me to learn and improve a lot and I'm prepared to do so.
>>
>>1182328
Up to you but I wouldn't take it. Newfoundland sucks first of all, and 60k for the amount of work you'll likely be doing just isn't worth it.

Automotive engineering will probably be much more beneficial down the road also with the current trends in auto tech.
>>
>>1182299
I'd say boss of hardware at the start up. itll give you insight into business as the company grows. having the "boss" title is also awesome to have on your cv so when you one day leave the start up (unless it blows up, then enjoy!), youll be able to land an upper level role in another firm, as opposed to getting another cuck role.

also, youre still young enough that if the start up pays a bit less it wont matter too much as the growth and setting you up long term is worth it IMHOF
>>
>>1179547
It's not that worrying that you're bullshitting in an interview, but if you don't even know the plausibility of your bullshit it would make me doubt you're qualified at all.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.