[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /biz/, other boards failed me for this question over the years.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: kermutthe ferg.jpg (12 KB, 300x212) Image search: [Google]
kermutthe ferg.jpg
12 KB, 300x212
Hi /biz/, other boards failed me for this question over the years.

How can I rent or live somewhere without dealing with people? I have serious social phobia problems, but need to find somewhere else to live. Currently live with a parent. I earn a small income online. (~£20K / year)

I don't like the idea of renting somewhere normally as you have to deal with a landlord over a long time period. And actually organising it takes a lot of interaction too. Also the idea of committing to one specific location for a long time is scary if there will be neighbours I might be in repeated contact with.

The ideal would be renting somewhere temporarily where I can just pay online then go somewhere with a key safe. And change location every month or so. Airbnb has a few places like that but they are hard to find. And short term accommodation is pretty expensive, certainly here in the UK.

I thought about travelling around europe, where short term accommodation is cheaper, but travelling is pretty terrifying generally. It has been a goal of mine for a while but realistically I don't know I'll ever achieve it.

I can't afford to buy a house. I don't think I earn enough for a mortgage, and being self employed I think makes it hard to get one anyway. I thought about buying a van to live in but it doesn't seem very comfortable.

Any other options for minimal human interaction living I haven't considered?

...yeah I may try to solve my issues, but some people are just incurably fucked in the head since birth. I might try harder and still fail, so I need a coping strategy too.
>>
Seems like you have thought of all the options and already decided against them. Try seeing a mental health professional (which will take you not being a pussy about that one social interaction). Then, when you're not crazy, rent a place until you can buy a house.
>>
What about a tiny house? They're cheap and all you'd need to do is find some land to put it on.
>>
I have great news, you can enlist for the Mars mission experiment or for an Arctic Station.Since both of them require you to live alone for long times without any contact you will fit right away in.
>>
>>1178679
I agree with this. Not having contact with people and moving every few months is untenable long term.

You're not a cold war spy, you're just a normal person trying to live a life.
>>
>>1178674
Houses in the middle of nowhere are cheap, so that's one thing you got going for you. I'd scrimp and save up enough money to outright buy a piece of property far out in the middle of nowhere together with its land (so you don't get fucked with corporations trying to build shit), and just make the move.

I'd also learn to obtain some food by myself though. Growing, hunting, and whatnot. Water, too. Otherwise you'd just end up like the kid who just up and went to Alaska and died of dehydration
>>
Unfortunately interacting with people is a necessary part of life. I hate it too but there's nothing much you can do about it. Currently sharing a house with 3 strangers. It's not terrible, and they leave me alone when I want to be.

You could try setting up a method of payment to your landlord in which you give him 12 post dated cheques for the first of each month, and all he has to do is cash one every month, or some landlords even accept e-transfers (mine does but I live with her technically so she can come after me pretty easily)

Bottom line is you're going to have to learn to tolerate social interaction at some point so it might as well be now. You can do your best to minimize it but you can't cut it out completely if you ever want to leave your parents' house.
>>
>>1178674
go innawoods and live like Ted Kozinski

ask /k/ for details.
>>
>>1178689
I lolled

but actually those would require close proximity with others

thanks for advice guys. At least it's better than any other board gave me, whether or not I can act on it.

>>1178864
>Ted Kozinski
>As a result of testing conducted in the fifth grade, which determined he had an IQ of 167, he was allowed to skip the sixth grade and enroll in the seventh grade. Kaczynski described this as a pivotal event in his life. He recalled not fitting in with the older children and being subjected to their bullying.
Fucking hell, that is literally the same as me. Fuck. Perhaps it is destiny.
>>
>>1178864
You beat me to it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.