[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>biz analyst job opening wants "extremely motivated"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Picard-Wtf.jpg (21 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
Picard-Wtf.jpg
21 KB, 500x350
>biz analyst job opening wants "extremely motivated" applicants with STEM degrees and a strong hunger for solving "exciting" problems
>2 years experience in SQL and VBA required

How the FUCK was I supposed to know that I had to learn SQL and VBA in my STEM degree when it wasn't even offered as an elective????
>>
>>1177525
Because "business analyst" has no standard definition and varies from company to company. The one you're looking at probably errs more on the side of data analysis.

For instance, I'm an "operations analyst" and it basically involves me doing shit for people in the company over the phone.

Most "analyst" titles are vague and ill-defined. Just keep searching for ones that are more in your wheelhouse.
>>
you can learn enough sql and vba to land that job in a week or two, I don't have experience with vba, but sql language is really easy and straight forward
>>
learning new things is the best part
Like starting over as an analyst when you're almost 40. Fun
>>
If you truly had a STEM degree you would laugh at somebody offering you to work with SQL/VBA
>>
>>1177576
what do you mean?
>>
>>1177525
It takes like 2 days to learn SQL and VBA if you aren't retarded.
>>
>>1177589
He decided to become an analyst at 40 I'm guessing.
>>
just lie on your resume and if the robot actually picks you from the 1000 other applicants you learn it as much as you can for the interview and learn as you go from there.

thats what literally everyone else does. how else are you supposed to get an entry level job out of college that anticipates that you tucked five years of full time experience under your belt?
>>
SQL is pretty much a requirement in any job that doesn't involve flipping patties.

Get with the times, grandpa
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.