[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Protection of intellectual property
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160225_104701.jpg (56 KB, 467x365) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160225_104701.jpg
56 KB, 467x365
Guys i am a student and have this idea for an app but i cannot code and am afraid that when i tell my idea to a coder he ll materialise the idea on his own and i ll be robbed? So what do i do?
>>
hire a coder from india or some other third world..
>>
>>1177280
Most likely a gazillion others already had your app idea before.
>>
>>1177288
Coders from india aren't frauds?
>>
>>1177289
That doesn't answer my question brother
>>
>>1177280
Learn to code
>>
>>1177364
Gonna take time
>>
>>1177364
Something practical. Please guys.
>>
>>1177280
Nothing your idea is worthless.

Sorry.

What has value, is the ability to implement ideas, and implement them well. Even good ideas often fail.

Look, OK - if you really are some person capable of genius ideas, you will have many of them. Find a coder you trust. Try him with one idea, maybe not your best one. Repeat.

and, you don't need a genius idea. You need an OK idea, implemented well. Hence, the implementing part having the value.
>>
cont. I have LOTS of REALLY GOOD ideas. And I know they are good, because I've implemented some before and had some measure of success. What stops me doing this repeatedly? The fact it's hard and boring as fuck achieving the level of polish necessary.

Yes, the coder could steal your idea. But the idea is 5% and the implementation 95%.

>get regular deliveries of code, so you actually have the code being worked on and not just him
>own the publishing points yourself, e.g. the domain name, whatever app store account might be used if its an app
>>
>>1177384
What if he is good at implenting it?it is possible that the idea is multi billion dollar one
>>
>>1177280
Friend, start writing business plans and the like (most likely for the long-term, assuming that you wish for your creation to be ultimately acquired).

Trusting your idea with someone else sucks, but you have to take the leap since you do not seem willing to invest the time into learning to code.

It's like the other poster said - without execution, your idea is nothing. Lots of people have had good ideas in the history of the world. But right now you have nothing.

Don't want to share? Hire someone. If not, take on a partner. It sucks to split equity, but 50% of something is better than 0% of nothing.
>>
>>1177280
Get the idea patented or copyrighted moron.
>>
>>1177448
You can't patent an idea. Why is /biz/ full of confident idiots like you? From where do you get your groundless arrogance?
>>
Contract a middle man, like me. I know how to code and I know how to design software architecture. The code monkey will get lots of black boxes from me to fill, I will do the remaining 5% to finish the product. Or learn into basic software architecture and diy.
>>
>>1177444
What if the hired guy steals the idea? It's a real possibility
>>
>>1177465
Bitch you're annoying me. If you want your product to come into fruition you have 3 choices:
>do it yourself
>find a partner
>hire someone

Either take the risk of someone running with your product, or do it yourself. How the fuck else are you going to create it?

Hire a lawyer to draft up a contract where the programmer assigns you the copyright, after he creates the product. Then when you have the product, apply to have it protected so no one else can use it.
>>
>>1177476
Trust me when i say I am as irritated as you are
>>
learn code you useless monkey, no one pays any I specialized person for an idea
>>
Say the coder steals the idea so there should be something i could do to prove that i am the one who came up with it
>>
>>1177484
What's so hard? Christ. Just do it and risk it, and have a % of your "potentially billion dollar app", or keep 100% of your idea where it benefits no one. What are you so damn afraid of?
>>
I guess i ll just have to risk it. Thanks fellas. And guys just remember this board is for helping everyone but most people here just abuse and talk crass i mean only a couple of handful people have their lives sorted rest are having a hard time already u don't need to add to it.
>>
>>1177289
go be a pessimist/realist somewhere else.

>>1177354
Create a legal contract and hire someone.
>>
Well the only possible way as of now seems for.me to hire a coder who can certainly build my app, ask him to sign a contract where i ll put him.in a facility under observation and provide him with 'everything' until the app os ready
>>
>>1177515
Nigga this board is for venting my spleen and dumping my worst crap onto anyone who presents their stupid selves for dumping. You use it however you want, but don't tell me how I'm supposed to use it.

This is 4chan, this is anonymous, goddamnit.
>>
>>1177531
U know u wouldn't have the guts to talk to me like that in real life and that is even if u were a tall and wide and muscular guy but whatever enjoy
>>
Get a software, or at least a provisional, patent for your idea. There has to be SOMETHING that is original in it (unless you're just blatantly copying someone else's idea and want to lie to yourself that it is yours).
>>
>>1177542
This ain't real life and I do enjoy, thanks. No need to feel offended I'm just saying maybe you don't know where you are is all.
>>
>>1177515
Look at this guy. I've helped him plenty, short of providing him a coding service free of charge and he's just bitching about it.

YOU CAN'T PROTECT AN IDEA. PERIOD. As such, have legal documentation where the programmer assigns you the rights to the entirety of the created product. When it is created, APPLY TO HAVE IT PROTECTED.

What more do you want? Free handouts?

>You're never gonna make it.

Not with that attitude. Just stfu, stomach the risk and do it. If not, stay away and be content with it being an idea forever. Or continue dawdling and have someone else inevitably come up with the product. Your fucking choice, man.
>>
>>1177557
I am sorry about the bitching part. My sincere apologies
>>
>>1177567
Accepted. Now get off 4chan and do it man.
>>
>>1177280
non disclosure agreement
>>
>>1177494
you're not listening to him
the question is
what do i do when my idea is stolen from me
not what's the best course of how to do thing
>>
>>1177597
>Hire a lawyer to draft up a contract where the programmer assigns you the copyright, after he creates the product. Then when you have the product, apply to have it protected so no one else can use it.

Also, good luck getting a programmer who isn't on board with your idea to sign an NDA.
>>
>>1177451
Are you a retard? Copyright was built for ideas. You simply have to explain how it works and what it does to patent it.
>>
Nobody likes an ideas-guy. Either pay him and get the rights to the work automatically or through contract, or fuck off.
>>
>>1177484
Stop being a faggit. I had to trust a professional stranger with a formula for a drink i was having made. Get a professional firm to do the build for you. They dont make a living scamming people. If you hire an individual your costs will be lower, but the risk of them nicking it will be higher. I went with one of the largest food and drinks formulators in the world. At one point i was being a little bitch like you. Sort yourself out you cunt.
>>
>>1177618
You dumb fuck. Why do you think coca cola only has 5 people in the world who know how to make their drink. Man things cannot be patented, so when that is the case you build a solid brand idea and trademark the shit out of it and the arena you are operating in. I've had companies ring me up looking to sue/buy my trademarks because i have so many.
>>
File: 1456148548527.gif (171 KB, 354x285) Image search: [Google]
1456148548527.gif
171 KB, 354x285
i love that baby
>>
>>1177703
Because to patent something, you need to describe it pretty well. Describing the recipe would pretty much ruin them you nigger.

P.S. The Coke formula is actually protected by intellectual property law under Trade Secret.

How about you do some fucking reading before you talk again.
>>
>>1177699
This is crap i always hear in the news about apple and samsung suing each other for duplicating their patented ideas. Everyone wants to steal!
>>
This is why "Ideas people" are so useless. No programmer wants write code for someone else's stupid idea unless they're being paid 6 figures. Programmers probably have better startup ideas than you.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.