[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will LinkedIn help me find a job? I'm desperate at this point.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1455912084150.gif (1 MB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1455912084150.gif
1 MB, 680x680
Will LinkedIn help me find a job? I'm desperate at this point.
>>
>>1176822
No, you should stop using it right away.
>>
>>1176822
no its basically like fb - if you're into business careers you should get a degree then apply for an internship
>>
>>1176822
I have a LinkedIn account can never figure wtf am I supposed to do with it.do I like send messages to random companies and they will just how me? lol feel weird posting my whole resume on there. Just have job titles. Am I wrong?
>>
>>1177563
*Hire
>>
>>1177566
It's just like an online resume.
>>
>2016
>still searching for jobs
If you can't make money off the internet kill yourself.
>>
>>1176822
Former recruiter here. What's your education, internships(if applicable), and desired job title?
>>
>>1177921
give me a throwaway so that we can further discuss this if your serious
>>
>>1177923
I love helping fellow anons, people in general really, but i only want to get so personal here. Are you in a technical field, because that was my specialty?
>>
>>1177921
Dropout, none, busboy.

I own a clipon tie if that helps.
>>
>>1177951
What's your contact info?
>>
>>1177921
I'm a web developer, I do both front and back end. I'd like to get a job doing front end, but I have low self esteem and have social anxiety. I have a portfolio which includes a lot of professional freelance work (my dad acted as the middle man and hooked me up with local businesses) which I think is okay, but I'm afraid of applying anywhere because I really don't want to do any interview and get shit on.

How do I get a remote job which only requires me to communicate over text?
>>
Move in back to your mom's and finish college.
>>
>>1178090
>but I have low self esteem and have social anxiety.
>I'm afraid of applying anywhere because I really don't want to do any interview and get shit on.

That's an attitude problem. Stop giving a fuck what others think of you. It's all in your head. Open yourself up. Stop believing others are more important or superior to you, and start believing that you're great. The interviewer that you'll be talking to is just some faggot that you have to woo over how great you are at your job, how everyone that you worked for loved your work, etc. It's all bullshit, but you want to give the impression that you're really eager to work and you know what you're doing. It's not rocket science (unless that's the field you're applying for).
>>
Also so what if you bomb an interview and make a fool of yourself? You're being too modest. Everyone calls Trump or Justin Bieber a clown, bigot, idiot, and so on over the retarded things they say. Who cares? They're not doing so badly. Better to be a joker who's seizing every opportunity than somebody who can't even live properly because his stupid, loud, beating heart gets in the way and prevents him from walking somewhere or talking. The joker at least has a chance at securing a job position. The joker everyone makes fun of may even become president.
>>
>>1177951
>Are you in a technical field

I studied economics and math and have internship experience
>>
>>1178114
>>1178105
Thanks anon,you actually motivated me a bit
>>
>>1178123
>>1178123
Link me to one job listing that you've had your eye on please.

A lot of entry level folks make the mistake of wanting to join a particular company. Not that there is anything inherently wrong with that, but I'll try to quickly retrain your brain to want a particular job. You need to be as close to the round peg for the company's round hole as possible, and then some. You need to be the living embodiment of the missing component in XYZ corporation.
>>
>>1178090
Don't ever mention that

Act as if you are an alpha funny socioablenyojng charismatic man
>>
>>1178602

>You need to be as close to the round peg for the company's round hole as possible, and then some. You need to be the living embodiment of the missing component in XYZ corporation.

This is why it's a good idea to include a small box in the top RIGHT corner of your resume. Inside that box, keep a running total of the number of times your previous employers have compared you to jesus.
>>
>>1178625
You ain't kidding.

This is why I left the business. The employment culture these days is fucking disgusting on both sides of the equation. Despite the money to be made matching entitled cocksuckers, with limited marketable skills, to the human capital slaughter houses run by mindless hr girls with BA's in music history, I'm much happier doing my own little thing.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.