[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ASX Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: thCYQDX81N.jpg (12 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
thCYQDX81N.jpg
12 KB, 299x168
No ASX Thread? Come on now lads, we're better than that.

Banks are taking it in the arse at the moment - its hurting my portfolio.

Anyone looking at RAP again? It seems they got their awesome news and Mr. Market gave them the finger.
>>
>>1175530

not super stoked about how things are going atm.

put some money into fxl at a low ass price in the event it bottoms out and I can snag a deal - other than that i'm sitting long watching my money waste away.

cmoooooooooon uranium already :/
>>
>>1175530
Looks to be shaping up to be an eventful week.

Might I recommend PSF (again), XPE, VIC, APY, 88E and SRT.

Also, this week appears to be a good week in general for Lithium stocks yet again.
Mostly due to the excellent sales of the Tesla model 3 and the news of it being everywhere.
I believe this has the potential to cause a short term hype bubble with an overall boost of confidence in the Electric car industry with even the most uninformed becoming aware of the implications.
I really cant stress this enough though but things will really kick off when oil does eventually rally and people begin to feel the petrol pinch yet again.
That and China wanting to transition into electric vehicles in the near future bodes well for related resource stocks.(copper etc)

Remember to bank those profits anon! And use a stop-loss, preferably a trailing stop.
>>
>>1175762
>Also, this week appears to be a good week in general for Lithium stocks yet again.

good thread on that subject >>1174038
>>
>>1175762
Forgot to mention but watch for the recovery of the big milko's (BAL) as the market gets past the whole %17 import tax thing China is implementing and realizing the baby formula is still literally flying off the shelves and demand will only grow stronger in the coming months.
>>
>>1175768
Do you understand import tarrfis and what they set out to do?
>>
>>1176352
Yes, but the market heard "new chinese import tax" somewhere along the line.
>>
>>1175530

Sorry I was away and didn't have a chance to make it. Don't bump the one I mad today. Looks like the hype is real on lithium. I'm feeling good about my purchase of PLS a few weeks back and With my exit from QAN GXY looks like a good buy in.

I desperately want to exit from NAB but I can't bring myself to do it at almost 20% down looks Its going to be a buy it for life stock.
>>
>>1176352

they'll just raise the price by 17% to offset the tarrif and nobody in china will care and keep buying
>>
Up 2.2% total since January, and that's with 7% of my portfolio dedicated to the fucked up Bank of America...

Just gonna wait it out, but once I break even I'm selling out on BAC. Pissing me off
>>
PLS announced trading halt. might buy after the stock tanks from dilution
>>
I will recommend LIT again. (A lithium play no one else seems to mention on here.)
>>
>>1176729
So another Australian one.
How does it stack up against GXY debt wise and whatnot?
>>
>>1176885
LIT has big lithium areas, but the story for this company (Lithium Australia) is that they have developed a way to mine for Lithium that is far cheaper, so lower grade ore is profitable, and good grade ore is very profitable for them. Their process allows them to potentially produce for cheaper than the 3rd world producers.
So it is a LIT play and a tech play combined in a way.
>>
>>1176930

There's only two ways of getting lithium. This mob handbrake invented a third way.

More smoke and mirrors, which is the real stock in trade for this sector.
>>
>>1176985
It has treated me very well. Should get to 0.23 this week.
>>
Not related to ASX but can anyone explain why people take out house deposits at the bare minimum deposit in this country? Why don't people rent and save up and then take out a mortgage in their 30s or 40s and pay significantly less interest? I don't understand im new to /biz/
>>
File: 1354152609754.png (582 KB, 494x604) Image search: [Google]
1354152609754.png
582 KB, 494x604
>>1177045

Because money is so cheap and it takes 30 mins to just pop down the bank to get pre approval. People just dont understand the total cost. I'm attempting to save 30-40% of the total cost of a house which is why I set aside a % for trading.
>>
>>1177048
So its a good thing or a bad thing to just take out a home loan when you reach the minimum deposit?

I dont understand isnt it wiser to rent and save and then you have way less interest you'll be paying?
>>
>>1177059
bad thing, very very bad thing
>>
>>1177059
Bad thing
People just want that half million, 2 bedroom house near the beach because they're stupid
>>
>>1177059

That rent money could be going towards your mortgage instead.

Depending on your situation it may be cheaper to buy or remain a renter.
>>
>>1177045
It's bad, but I always thought that it was a vanity thing- people want a house because their peers are doing so... same reason people take out loans for cars they can not afford etc.
I think also, the property bubble meant peoples home values were rising, so this was higher than the difference in interest possibly, but it just fuels a "I don't want to miss out" buying frenzy. (As if they were going to play the market and realize those gains, instead of just sitting in it for 30 years)

It is not good to do it though, because you pay the bank so much more interest, rather than earning interest on our money saved/invested in the mean time. Also, rent has been relatively cheap lately.
>>
>>1176546
It's ok mate, in your absence I thought I'd fire it up.
>>1177089
Isnt this the right answer? Borrow the money, even at minimum deposit, then work up money on your MISA? That way you aren't paying the interest, and you aren't throwing away your rent money? Isn't the key to be able to pay more than the minimum repayments so as to get ahead?

Someone explain this to me.

I'm down 9% on NAB too - takes away some of my 17% gain from WBC I rolled into it, but never mind. It'll bounce again eventually and divvies on the way through
>>
I short-sold oil spots two weeks ago and price has dropped 4 %.

Should I cover it or wait?
>>
PLS in trading halt.

get hype.
>>
>>1178447

seriously? get hype? they're raising capital. its going to tank

meanwhile 88e continues to demolish all in its path
>>
Hello ya cunts

American here who just got access to ASX trading

Give me the hot Aussie memes

Right now I'm just playing charts based off my shitty technical analysis juju

I'm holding GXY and WFD
>>
>>1178635
SMN, LIT, 88E, XPE, APY, SRT, PSF, PLS, AJM, MNS.

There.
>>
File: 1433372295053.jpg (5 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1433372295053.jpg
5 KB, 180x180
>>1178632

Sure is. 88E 20% down today on open.
>>
>>1178722
got anything thats not a penny stock?
>>
>>1179692
Will there be a bounce?
>>
GXY chilling at .28
meanwhile partner GMM up ten cents since monday at .50 now

who's gonna get to the moon first?
>>
>>1176930
Do these guys have any operating mines yet?
Or do they just own a shitton of lithium still in the ground?
>>
>>1179692

yeah.. i'm confident THAT was an overreaction. most of the people invested don't really understand what was presented - it happened when it went from 1.3c to 4c then back to 2.0c

usually it retraces back up

i'm too much of a pussy to sell and get in at a lower price though
>>
>>1179919
>buying bluechips
>2016
>>
>>1180088
LEL m8 it hit -40% at one point today

Why am I replying to you, if you are a holder you have probably killed yourself already
>>
>>1180005
hopefully GXY. maybe I should buy GMM too...
>>
>>1178635

Invest in Vocus.
>>
Why shouldn't I go big boy on ANZ?

>P/E of ~ 8.5
>ROE of 14%
>P/B of 1.1

Literally the cheapest bang for your buck bank in town.
>>
>>1180214

this has happened in the past in the exact same manner, thats why im not pulling out the gun (also im free carried so its pure profit regardless)
>>
Anyone still with Aurizon after it bottomed out?
>>
>>1178632

PLS up 15% since open on capital raising

>>1181619

No mate but I had looked at the stock last year. Very happy I did not. When did you buy in?
>>
>>1181681
Several years ago, sold last year thinking it wouldn't get any better.
Made the right choice for once.
Just wondering if anyone is still hanging onto it and why.
>>
Anyone have thoughts about NUH?
>>
>>1181681

welp, that's what I get for not listening to the PLS hawking in the thread. good luck
>>
>>1181820

heh it was a risk and still is. I did the same on 88E bought in sold when I made a quick $200 profit. I'd held I would have been up 8k when he pushed big.
>>
88e up 20% on LSE after dropping 30%

fuck this stock is retarded
>>
quick question, I work a standard nine to five, is it possible set a BUY and SELL as SOON as the market opens in the morning? like set it the night before (ie now) ?

bit new to this. westpac also had some sort of loan for investing that was available

I think i might use it during my "one month free brokerage for first timers" then just nut it away asap with my job income.

I get a bit of money here and there but not too much in a lump that I can throw into it to make use of free brokerage atm. just paid rego and I don't want to take shit out of savings.

how and where do I apply? I feel like a dummy for falling for the /biz/ hype of gxy but it's gone up 10% since yesterday.
>>
EMC is looking great.

Bought in when it re-listed back in late December. already have 100% capital gain after 4 months.

No sign of slowing down
>>
>>1182011

Yes you can set a buy and sell I always set it up as I have a 9-5 job.

Lithium stocks are hitting high but you have to take into consideration that many of these are not in production so they are not making anything yet, just drilling and providing results on what they find.

Speculation at the moment, but best to do your reserch. I hold few lithium shares the next one i see hitting the moon is MPJ.

Their location is right in between PLS and AJM and they done their drillings and provided the results and is what many of the holders want.

MPJ is a baby about to be waken, waiting next week to see how it goes!

DYOR.
>>
>>1182077
yeah cheers. It's a good reality check to realise that it's not going to go to the moon overnight. I'll look into some more.
>>
>>1182011

Don't borrow money off the bank for trading. You will only end up losing more.

Also note that overconfidence is a killer in the trading world. Don't go deep into day trading. You'll only go bust.

I would suggest you start off familiarizing yourself with the market by investing into a stable blue chip.
>>
>>1182077
I've got a couple of grand locked into MJP at like $1.50.
>>
>>1182091
>Lithium stocks are hitting high but you have to take into consideration that many of these are not in production so they are not making anything yet, just drilling and providing results on what they find.

Yes, all of them are just virtual producers with nothing but research drilling and survey, pure speculation, DYOR with companies like PLS, AJM, ADV, NMT etc.

Galaxy Resources (the /biz meme) is the only lithium producer in Australia that actually has a mine and produces lithium with an offtake agreement with mitsubishi. It is also the only junior producer with ORE and their brine site in Argentina that actually produces lithium next to the big five companies.

/biz hit GXY on the spot, there was a guy on a lithium thread a couple of days ago, that answered all questions lithium regarded and basically explained the whole deal around Galaxy Resources and almost every other prominent lithium company in the world.

look it up and read the thread - >>1174038
>>
>>1177168
Depends how big ur position is
>>
>>1183568
Thanks for the thread mate!

Just off topic, for all those in here do you think we would go into a major correction this year or next?
>>
File: earlobe.jpg (75 KB, 1341x1177) Image search: [Google]
earlobe.jpg
75 KB, 1341x1177
Anything interesting in the cobalt producers?
>>
File: 1448589192029.gif (186 KB, 678x422) Image search: [Google]
1448589192029.gif
186 KB, 678x422
Pumping for Monday morning.
Oil's up 6%
Iron Ore is Mid 50's

Will see housing data today at midday so look at financials and housing services companies.

I believe there is an OPEC meeting today as well. Best of luck to everyone.
>>
opening in five minutes, along with jaapan.

I say a rally. what say you?
>>
>>1185909
ok I was wrong
>>
>>1185837
I'm going to buy oil tonight and sell it at $44 later this week. Sorry, Gartman.
>>
File: Mesoblast_MesoblastLogo_WEB.jpg (17 KB, 730x350) Image search: [Google]
Mesoblast_MesoblastLogo_WEB.jpg
17 KB, 730x350
Just seven more days until the Celgene decision. Oooh baby.
>>
Bought GXY tuesday. Lookin noice.
Bought GMM friday (buy high amirite). small dip today. ahwell

Been eyeing MPJ all weekend. Thought i'd try to buy at .008 but the order didn't go through. See it raise to .01 don't wanna miss that rocket to the moon so i panic buy. Shit drops back down to .008.

Don't think rushing to buy first thing monday morning is the best idea. Live & Learn. I
l'll be holding these for year at least woulda been nice to have a few extra at a lower price before they move up.
>>
>>1186467

she gonna be big?
>>
>>1186470

Brought more GXY today!

That is a good point you have raised. I've been watching the markets and morning is not the idea time to trade. Learnt my lesson with before.

I normally check around 2pm and just 15 minutes before closing, the activity is always high during that time so good to see if it's falling or rising.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.