[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm from /b/ but I decided to come to /biz/ for help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
I'm from /b/ but I decided to come to /biz/ for help.

My girlfriend works at the one of the Wetzels Pretzels franchises, and the old owner had been paying them short, and pocketing the cash.

So he got found out, and corporate bought up the store. Now the new corporate officials made them go through a rehiring process, put everybody on a 90 day probation.

My girlfriend was unable to provide her social security card today (they asked for it yesterday) and they told her they need it by tomorrow, then.

The social security office is not open on weekends. But it's open from 9am-3:30pm

She works from 10:00-4:00 both tomorrow and Tuesday, which leaves the only day she can get it on this Wednesday.

If she applies for a new social tomorrow, she risks showing up to work late, and gets terminated.

If she does not bring her social security card by tomorrow, she is terminated.

Is an establishment/franchise allowed to do this? Any law that protect employees from being trapped into getting fired like this?

Please help me find some resources on this..
>>
I live In California if that helps with workplace law differentiation.
>>
STEAL THE YEAST AND MAKE A COMPETING STORE
>>
Post your girlfriend's feet or pussy then we'll talk
>>
File: IMG_20160403_145526.jpg (703 KB, 1440x2294) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160403_145526.jpg
703 KB, 1440x2294
Here is feet?
>>
>>1174731
Self-bump. Help me please..
>>
I don't understand. If she was to get to the office at 9am, she could be out of there by say 9:15. How long could it possibly take her to get to work?
>>
>>1174762
Because typically government service offices dont run that smoothly. (Take a number, stand in line)

She could be there for hours.
>>
>>1174762
>>1174764
There's too many variables to predict at the office to know for certain she may arrive at work in time.
>>
>>1174764
It takes 10 days to get a replacement card apparently. There really is not much she can do in that case other than maybe try this: https://www.ssa.gov/employer/SSNcard.htm
>>
If it's for an I-9 couldn't she just bring a birth certificate or a passport?
>>
>>1174771
I doubt they will take it. They seem to be really trying hard to terminate all of the employees currently working there.
>>1174784
California Birth Certificates don't have a social security number on them?
>>
>>1174816
Why doesn't she just sue the shit out of them for shortchanging her and her coworkers?
>>
>>1174816
Seriously op, if they're trying to get rid of her in a minimum wage job, they will probably succeed. Unless she has lots of money to hire a lawyer, she should probably polish up her resume. Didn't California just enact a $15/hr minimum wage? If so, this is one of the early consequences.
>>
>>1174822
The employees were all recompensed for their taken hours.
>>
>>1174823
Is it worth standing up for in court ourselves? I feel like I'm well enough with words to represent her if such a situation arises.
>>
>>1174833
You have no idea what to even go to court for. Are minimum wage jobs really that hard to find? Really, the price for raising a stink will be way higher than the price to walk away with a good reference. This sort of thing will follow her around for years. No employer will want to touch her with a record of suing her employer, and the compensation she could potentially receive would be not that great.
>>
>>1174841
In my area, they are very hard to find. But you're right. When you put it in that perspective, Its not even worth it if she gets blackbooked. Thanks man.
>>
>>1174731
Cuck, obvious cuck.
Leave that bitch, she's wasting your time.
>>
>>1174885
Nah man, we've been best friends since elementary. Gtfo with that shit
>>
File: Ip1bVH8.jpg (282 KB, 1180x1600) Image search: [Google]
Ip1bVH8.jpg
282 KB, 1180x1600
>>1174887
>best friends

Grow up kiddo. That depreciating asset what you call "girlfriend" is consuming your money and ultimately, your time. Seriously.
>>
>>1174919
Those comics are so /r9k/ it hurts. They really have zero perception of what real life and women are actually like.
>>
>>1174921
This
>>
>>1174921

Nice then. Godspeed in your relationship anon.
>>
>>1174919
i dont get it

so he goes to work to pay for her college while she bangs chad?

why does he have a flag and a question mark above his head in the third row
>>
>>1174921
I hold 2 kik and 1 craigslist group for hook ups and 1 private group.

I also have 3 friends that do this as well as I.

I can get laid at light speeds if I even *tried*.

These comics are very relevent to whats going on and how things really work.

Girls are down to fuck military guys that are visiting here due to not staying long so they let lose, one of the many few examples.

Even more funny i'm covered in tattoos with long hair.

nigga pls
>>
>>1174919
why is the 2013 penis shaped like Europe?
>>
>>1174941
how 2 bang whores on craigslist
>>
>>1174941
Op here. You're a shitty person that can't maintain meaningful relationships. Probably abandonment/commitment issues.

Let's all hope you dont end up alone
>>
>>1174986

Oh lord!. I really love this kid.
>>
>>1174986
How old are you son?
>>
Just shoot up the place with a painball gun.
>>
>>1175021
I was thinking like, writing what happened and making 1000x copies. And then dropping them around the whole mall. Or giving suckers to strangers that say shit about her managers, basically boycotting.
>>
>>1174941

How does that work? Interested, lol
>>
>>1174825
but not for pain and suffering, has she waive her right to sue?

Also what is full compensation? were payments to unemployment and social security also made. If she got a check for hour not worked, that does not include the full compensation(payments to social security and unemployment insurace etc.)
>>
Stop at the SS office and request a replacement card, but have them print something for her to take showing her application for a new card.... make sure she takes her Drivers Licence, Birth Cert, proof of address (utility Bill or bank statement), anything you can think of to prove identity extensively....

If she tells them her situation, they will print something useful for her, if she doesn't tell the clerk her situation they will not go that extra mile to help her....

If they are trying to fire everyone, they'll find a way either way... you could do all this and then she may get fired the next day for something silly.

Bottom line. Its a minimum wage job.... or close to it.... go work somewhere else.... fuck pretzels. Try ice cream or candy, something fun.
>>
>>1174731
Does she need to provide the actual card or just her SSN?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.