[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is mcdonalds regarded as such a shit place to work in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: imagesO4FHMX2X.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
imagesO4FHMX2X.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
why is mcdonalds regarded as such a shit place to work in?
>>
>the customers are the lowest of society
>the pay is garbage
>most of your coworkers are either uppity high school students or retards with no aspirations
>>
>>1174242
the smell is nice tho
>>
Well it depends on what you do at Mcdonalds. I'm sure the CEO loves his $767k paycheck he gets at the end of the year.
>>
>>1174212
>Shit pay
>Absolutely looked down upon from everybody
>Demeaning, menial tasks
>Coworkers are edgelord teenagers, single mothers and niggers
>Customers treat you like shit
>Very little to no benefits
>Very little to no opportunities to 'climb the ladder'
>>
well, have you ever been inside a mcdonalds?
>>
>>1174260
>>1174255
but is mcd's corporate a good place to work
>>
File: Untitled.png (329 KB, 976x686) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
329 KB, 976x686
>>1174461
Pick door number one or two.
>>
>>1174466
>Update
show me whats behind door #2
>>
File: its_a_state_of_mind.jpg (83 KB, 900x672) Image search: [Google]
its_a_state_of_mind.jpg
83 KB, 900x672
>>1174212

it's psychological.

it's regarded this way because most Westerners and/or American's like this guy >>1174260 fall for the insecure idea that it's undignified to work anywhere but the corporate echelons or in a position where you're not working independently, maximizing individual income strictly for bragging rights and keeping up with the joneses.

Hardly anyone who is capable is willing to work at these places. Therefore, McDonalds ends up employing "undesirables" who fill these positions. If it wasn't for so much excess, these employees would be homeless and guys like this >>1174260 would be the first to whore their desperate asses out to Ronald.
>>
It only pays $20 per hour here in Norway. So low paid job.
>>
>>1174491
Confirmed for never working in fast food.

It's a completely shitty job with hugely perverse incentives. You're the best worker? Congratulations. You get to do the most work. Take care of this task list while your slacker co-workers sit around. The tasks you do are mind-numbing. It's only bearable if you are friends with your co-workers (which is hard because most of the time they're teenagers), and the manager is even more miserable than you are.
>>
>>1174491
And not to mention the fact that you literally can't live off of what you make, there are no employee benefits, and they keep your hours low even if you want to work a lot so that they can still regard you as part-time.

In order to pick yourself up from your bootstraps, you need to be able to save money. YOu cannot save money by working part-time at McDonald's.

And if you're lucky enough to get to manager after a few years, congrats. Now you get to work 70 hours a week on a 40-hour adjusted salary with no overtime.
>>
>>1175379
>>1175384
Pretty much spot on.
>>
>>1174212
>low wages
>muh $15
>cost of employment doubles
>Mc$10burger
>'mericonomy collapses
>gas prices don't adjust to burgerconomy
>$60+ for a family of 4 eating 'meriburger
Sorry I forgot why I am ranting.
It sucks because you get paid shit to clean up nasty shit and put up with hungry/angry people's shit all day/night long.
>tfw had a McJob from 97 to 99
>tfw it was enough to live by myself in a small apartment
>2000
>bush takes over
>gas goes up
>rent goes up
>bills go up
>pay doesn't go up
>need 2 more jobs
>Bush won a second term
>move back in with family
>Mc$ economy is real
>>
>>1174212
I'd like to ask you a question /biz/. I recently sent in 2 applications for McDonalds in my area.

I'm in it for the money and experience. Trust me I've tried applying elsewhere for a starter job but I've hit multiple dead ends.

But how much could I earn within 3 weeks? I've put my pay at my states minimum wage (7.25)

I've been scraping at the bottom of the barrel and still got nothing. If I get hired, what should I expect?

Stuff like >>1174260
>>1174242 ?
>>
>>1175448
Yeah I'm fairly convinced that for large companies/'the economy' to be raking in profit the lower rungs of society have to be getting reamed somehow.
>>
>>1174212
Honestly it's just that the pay is rubbish because the potential competition for your job is infinite since any 'tard can flip burgers (as evidenced by the usual types who work there). There are probably <5% of adults who couldn't be a mcdonalds employee. The abundance of potential replacements drives the pay down. Very simple.
>>
I work at one and I'm loving it.
>>
>>1174212
closing price of MCD today
>>
File: 1441752052122.jpg (18 KB, 298x298) Image search: [Google]
1441752052122.jpg
18 KB, 298x298
>>1175532
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.