[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I went from a marketing major to an accounting major. I liked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1443740062607.jpg (70 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1443740062607.jpg
70 KB, 720x960
I went from a marketing major to an accounting major. I liked accounting at first, but now I fucking hate it with a passion. I really don't think I could wake up every morning and it this for a living. I have thought about switching to business admin/management.

If I do switch will I e able to still land a stable job?
>>
yeah, you can use business admin/management to get your bachelors, youre going to want to get some sort of license to conduct business though. Insurance, realestate, etc.

accounting can be difficult especially with the wrong professor.... use rate my professor and take the well liked ones.

accounting kind of bites because the beginning, intermediate, and some advanced courses force you to work as if you were in the sumerian age.

actual accounting work is done on the computer, so its not as bad as class.
>>
>>1174182

What kind of jobs do you think I'll be able to land with a business degree?
>>
yeah just switch bro
>>
I work in auditing.

This shit is nothing like your accounting class.
Hell, you could do a good portion of this job at a first year level as a bright high school grad.
>>
>>1174187
insurance, real estate, banking, just google "business degree jobs"

most jobs are like what the guy above me is saying... 99percent of the time things are routine, and dont require deep thinking....

from an accounting perspective... think of working as a balance sheet... all you're trying to do is make your retained earnings (savings) a certain number, and to do this as efficiently as possible.... using financial instruments like your work income, investments, side ventures... etc...

youre going to not like it very much... thats why someone is going to pay you money.

even like brain surgeons... get paid like 300,000 a year... but to sit and move your hands millimeters every 30 mins for 7 hours at the risk of killing someone is extremely unpleasant.

day trading is an easier way to make money but you still have to stare at charts and be very accurate.

however, when you aquire the amount of money that you need.... you dont have to do this anymore.
>>
>>1174531
How long have you been in auditing?

>>1174548
What do you do for a living?
The thing I'm afraid of isnot being able to find a job with a business degree. /biz/ makes it seem like a shit degree to pick.
>>
Really should just power through accounting, most job prospects and you're pretty much qualified to do anything you want at an office after you get some experience. The way I see it management and marketing come from learning in the field and accounting comes from learning in the classroom.

You won't be fucked in Marketing but you need to really apply yourself and stand out above everyone else where as in accounting you can be mediocre and still get a decent job.
>>
>>1174610
I've tried. I don't think accounting is my thing because I got a C- in financial accounting.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.