[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I verify IDs? I want to use them as collateral for renting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: bicycle_rental.jpg (155 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
bicycle_rental.jpg
155 KB, 500x333
How do I verify IDs?

I want to use them as collateral for renting out bicycles but I don't want some fucker to give me a fake ID and steal my bikes.

Is there some way of verifying IDs?
>>
Run a credit card instead. It's even more reliable since you won't have to argue with the schmuck.
>>
>>1174054

>Run a credit card instead.

Sorry, what does this mean? I'm not familiar with the phrase.

What shops over here usually do is they take your ID and keep it on lock until you return the bicycle at which point you can have it back. It's not just to verify identity.
>>
>>1174060
I think it means take the details or something so you can take out the money if they nick your bikes

I don't want people to steal your bikes either oP, good luck
>>
Just don't rent to niggers
>>
>>1174090
Unfortunately that's not possible in 2016.
>>
I used to work at a hotel that rented out bikes.
We would charge £10 for half day, £15 for full day.

We would charge £50 to the renters debit or credit card, or hold £50 in cash from them.
Either way, they get a receipt for it.

Upon return, either hand the cash back (we would put it in a cash envelope with their details on it) or do a 'chargeback' on their card, essentially a refund.

Could work the same way with PayPal, Apple Pay, etc
>>
>>1174060
You swipe their credit card and have it on file. If they don't return the bike, you charge them the cost of the bike and then some.

Easy shit, amigo.
>>
>>1174013
Sounds like a great idea. Can you give some info on your biz plan? How many bikes do you have?
>>
>>1174013
Why the fuck would you use IDs as collateral? IDs aren't worth anything. Make them give you something worth MONEY, so if they do skip out then you can cover the cost of the bike. Great idea, but execution is everything.
>>
>>1174013
>How do I verify IDs?
Use one of the scanners that the newer gas stations are getting in.
The one in my neighborhood has it built into the register.
Idk how good they are though.

But seriously, just do >>1174054 >>1174070 >>1174114
This is literally how every other rental place handles it
>>
>>1175623
>ID scanning
Pretty reliable. Scannabe fake IDs can be made but they are expensive and, in the us, law enforcement has gotten all patriot acty on these kind of high quality fakes, so people don't make them as freely as they used to.

>verifying w/o a scanner
It's actually not hard to be reasonably accurate once you get the hang of it. Cheap fakes are easy to spot due to shoddy build materials. More often, the " fake" is a real id, just being used by someone other than the ID holder. In this case. It's all about learning to look for facial regogniton. Things like distance between eyes and nose, eye color, nose shape, ect.

>source: a guy who used to be a door man at a club who has confenscated seriously a 5 gallon bucket full of IDs
>>
>>1176113

>confiscated

Your kind will be the first to go faggot
>>
>>1176148
Whatever you underaged nigger they paid me 5 dollars per fake ID I collected. Shit was, literally, cash
>>
>>1174013

UV lamp + free android app that scans 3d barcodes. Still that can be faked. Better to take a deposit as others said.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.