[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw in the year and a half I've been investing I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: 1406308486934.jpg (141 KB, 367x347) Image search: [Google]
1406308486934.jpg
141 KB, 367x347
>tfw in the year and a half I've been investing I have a net gain of essentially $0

Might as well have just put it into a bank account desu. Is investing a meme?
>>
it just proves that frogposters are dumb
>>
Tell us what your investments are
>>
File: frogposting.png (146 KB, 500x560) Image search: [Google]
frogposting.png
146 KB, 500x560
>>1173465
Just looked more closely at my brokerage, actually I have a 7% loss.

I also dropped out of college based on biz memes
>>
>>1173468
SWHC
SWPPX
SWISX
SWSSX
>>
>>1173470
Biz memes? Please don't tell me you took the blowjob math seriously.
>>
>>1173462
i never invest innstocks. forex and cryptos my man! thats how you get money quicker
>>
>>1173462
Are you that guy that gets super butthurt at the thought of having to do anything other than day trade? Like in those Sanders meme threads?
>>
>>1173471
Other than the Schwab ETF's, which are down by a few basispoints and will eventually recover, Smith and Wesson should have made you 200% if you took a position in january which was 9$, now it is 27$. where's the catch?
>>
>>1173504
I guess I bought at a bad time senpai.
>>
>>1173504
that's 300% but by all means
>>
>>1173462
better than my -$800 due to the market crash in september last year
>>
>>1173462
These are really conservative investments. I hope you're in your 60s.
>>
>>1173513
>that's 300% but by all means
no, an increase of 18$ on the initial investment of 9$ bought in January 2015 is a 200% increase.

>9$ to 18$ is 100%
>9$ to 36$ is 300%

>>1173511
>I guess I bought at a bad time senpai.
so when did you buy? at what shareprice?
>>
>>1173518
I'll just start buying meme stocks from /rhg/ then

>>1173523
$27.05 average cost. It dipped last week.
>>
Maybe because you fell for the stock picking memes.

Should've bought VOO, dumbass frogposting faggot
>>
>>1173527
I already said I was a good little fundcuck you dumb normie
>>
>>1173526
don't buy meme stocks. Do your own research. For example I looked at Dollarama and did some calcs to see it was slightly undervalued after a dip late last year. Solid stock, little risk, made a decent gain.
>>
>>1173526
>I thought you bought in year and a half ago

SWHC is a good call, not the best entry though. I wouldn't be too concerned, the SP follows the earnings line and the earnings are in growth. will recover. Good entry would have been at 15$, optimal at 9$.
>>
>>1173531
Dumb ass NEETcuck

How many times do you stupid fucks need to be told. BUY
THE
S&P

BUY IT. JUST FUCKING BUY THE S&P HOLY SHIT
>>
>>1173534
Do normalshits not know how to read now?

>>1173471
>>
>>1173537
I don't see VOO there you dumb ape

>Smith and fucking cuckson

Retard neet haahahahahaha
>>
>>1173538
>he can only speak in memes
>he can't do a simple google search to see that 3 of those investments are funds including one which tracks the SP500

You're seriously embarrassing yourself now. Bow out gracefully.
>>
>>1173532
>For example I looked at Dollarama and did some calcs to see it was slightly undervalued after a dip late last year.

Bought at 50$? What did you look at, I am interested, since DCF, GrahamNr. as well as the P/Ex15 (Lynch line) as well as the Lynch-Value tell me it is overvalued even at that SP.
>>
>>1173539
If they are tracking the s&p then how the fuck did you lose money dumbass?

And I don't care enough to bother to Google those shitty tickers you dumb NEET faggot.

Dumb ass fag lose all your money retard bahahahahaha stay poor
>>
File: 1387342418590.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1387342418590.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>>1173546
>And I don't care enough to bother to Google those shitty tickers you dumb NEET faggot.

But you care enough to make a fool out of yourself on /biz/ and be unwilling to admit when you're wrong. Great job cumlicker.
>>
>>1173462
at least you're speculating. you beat inflation. you just need to kick it up a notch.
>>
File: pol-turd.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
pol-turd.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>1173546
very good anon, let the inner retard shine
>>
>>1173548
You are the one showing us you're a fool because you lost money like a dumbass. Stay neet and stay poor.

I'm already up significantly this year and it's only started. U jelly?
>>
>>1173462
I'm the same way. My dividends basically wipe out my paper stock losses.
>>
>>1173558
Dumbass dividend cuck

AHAHAHAHAHAHAA
this board is a fucking joke

You're not going to make DICK from dividends unless you're already rich you dumb autist
>>
>>1173462
Dont worry brah. Put it all in trump coins you will be rich my autistic friend.Trust in Trump. You can still be a success story.
>>
>>1173565
I know right. It's ridiculous. Most people expect someone else here to spoonfeed them as if this is some 4chan brotherhood. Sad part is a bunch of neet losers shit up this board and then all the intelligent investors leave when they realize that reddit is a better forum than this containment board.
>>
>>1173569
This is true.

I remember a year or so ago there was actually quite a bit of intelligent discussion and actually smart/ambitious people posted here.

Now it's frog meme and cancerman posting, feeling sorry for themselves and NEETs trying to get rich.
>>
>>1173462
Started actively trading 3 weeks ago and I'm down $2. I took so much risk and I'm flat.

However my long term portfolio has been doing rather well. Up 7% this year and very diversified.

FeelsSomewhatBadMan
>>
I'm up about 5%, or $10,000. Power through it OP. A few months ago I was down about as much.
>>
>>1173557
>I'm already up significantly this year and it's only started. U jelly?

Not really, if I was I'd have to be jealous of a belligerent shit-flinging moron who has no idea what he's talking about. My investments will rally. You're too dumb to invest in anything besides VOO because some kikes told you it's safe and too blinded by your butthurt to comprehend that there is more than one S&P 500 index fund in the world before you come in mindlessly spouting memes.

I'd smash your misshapen head in with a dumbbell desu. Keep drinking semen and posting angry memes. Maybe someday you'll have the courage to act like as much of a degenerate turrets spouting idiot in real life as you do online and you'll get your shit kicked in like you deserve. But I get the feeling you're sort of a faggy mousy coward irl.
>>
>>1173700
wew lad
>>
>>1173700
>I'm the idiot yet you're the one who made no money in a year and a half

Lmao.

>I'd smash your head in

You're a frogposting /r9k/ faggot who whines about how retarded he is that he can't make money. You won't do shit.
>>
>>1173715
Yes you're an idiot...you come into the thread with this insanely delusional sense of superiority because you know about the most basic, well-known and easiest investment around, refuse to be corrected when I've pointed out that I've already done an identical investment, and then when proven wrong you go into a hysterical, pointless butthurt rage for damage control. My investments will rally in a month, but you'll be a bitter manbaby forever. Pretty pathetic desu. How can you honestly read your posts in the thread and not feel ashamed?
>>
>>1173721
>My investments will rally

Yeah I'm sure that's why you had to make a worthless "TFW I made no money" thread and attached a frog image. What purpose does this thread even have?

You are poor and will always be poor
>>
>>1173725
>You are poor and will always be poor

You're an idiot and will always be an idiot. Probably poor and projecting too. What purpose does your hopelessly incoherent ramblings in this thread have? Even when you realized I've already followed your kindergarten-tier "advice" you still couldn't let go of your anal frustration and admit you were wrong. You're literally just going on at this point out of stubborn stupidity. Consider suicide.
>>
>>1173725
>attached a frog image
>>
>>1173546
LMAO can't even tell if this is trolling 9/10
>>
>>1175301
>He thinks it's a meme
>>
>>1173462
Lol wasting your time and money on the stock market meme. You could make ridiculous returns on crypto by literally just buying established bottoms and then selling whenever you feel like. I mean shit, the trading fees are negligible in comparison and there is guaranteed pumps for almost every coin.
Try out memetic and find out what I'm talking about.
>>
>>1173533
Fell by 17% today. Nice entry point.
>>
For somebody like you, your money is better used within an index fund.
>>
>>1173534
>accountant moron bragging about his single 110% asset
You guys need to stop posting, its embaressing at this point. This is supposed to be a board for businessmen
>>
>>1173492
I think I know you.
Are you the guy who, try as he might, can't get the taste of Bernie Sanders' anus out of his mouth?
>>
>>1173515
Blame the jews

remember: http://www.inquisitr.com/2343892/wall-street-crash-2015-conspiracy-theorists-stir-mass-anxiety-over-global-stock-market-crash-after-september-13-end-of-shemitah-year/
>>
Brokerage acct up 26 % since this time last year

Mutual funds up 16 percent in 2014 and 22 percent in 2015

Lol memez
>>
File: Screenshot_20160404-152236.png (184 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160404-152236.png
184 KB, 1440x2560
I fell gor meme stocks once. Never again.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.