[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a job interview in a few hours and still don't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1454379694007.jpg (37 KB, 400x363) Image search: [Google]
1454379694007.jpg
37 KB, 400x363
I got a job interview in a few hours and still don't know how to answer ''tell me about yourself''.
>>
File: 1459472849998-b.jpg (112 KB, 417x358) Image search: [Google]
1459472849998-b.jpg
112 KB, 417x358
Have fun
>>
>>1173090
>well, I went to xxx school and recieved a xxx degree with xxxx
>after I graduated I joined xxx company and did xxxxx which provided xxx amount of value by saving the company xxx dollars. I picked up xxx skillsets and learned xxxx inside and out
>since then I realized I have a passion for xxx, which is why I am here. I would like to continue a career in xxxx and hopefully grow with your company and eventually be in a position of xxxx doing xxx
>>
>>1173098
I heard u dont even say that
this girl told me to say "i would describe myself as XXXX,XXX and xxxxx''
>>
>>1173103
Naw. Never go personal unless they specifically dig deeper. Keep it casual and professional.
>>
>>1173098
>I also enjoy coin collecting, chess, and fencing.
>>
>>1173110
This. Hobbies are ok as long as it is not something like "I play WoW on my offtime."
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 640x616
"Well, this would be a good time to get the court mandated disclosures out of the way..."
>>
Tell them you like long lunches and afternoon naps. Then ask them what their policy is on watching YouTube videos at work.
>>
>Tell me a time where you had to improvise.
I once ate a salad with a spoon because I was too lazy to wash a fork.
>You don't look like you eat a salad.
It was a chicken salad. Well chicken marinated in Italian dressing
>>
File: 1451885063698.jpg (94 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1451885063698.jpg
94 KB, 400x400
>tell me 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses

How do I answer the weaknesses part? I want to honor their question by not giving a bullshit answer, but I also don't want to make myself unfit for a position.
>>
>>1173172
1. Ghosts
2. Bears
3. Fire

There are few people that are resistant to all three.
>>
>>1173090
If you can't answer that question, you don't deserve the job.
>>
>>1173185
i disagree
If im a computer programmer that does code all day, what do i need to answer that question for
>>
>>1173197
Thay want you to not be a complete social retard in case some other corp comes over
>>
>>1173113
>This. Hobbies are ok as long as it is not something like "I play WoW on my offtime."

Why? WoW raid leading can have beneficial skills.

Whats point of asking for hobbies if you can't mention normal hobbies like manga?
>>
>>1173172
>How do I answer the weaknesses part?

You don't.

>I'm here to sell myself, so naturally it is not in my interests to short sell myself. Let's just say I believe I'm well suited for the job.

The weakness question is extremely autistic and only pleb tier interviewers ask it.

This answer is also good:
>>1173180

Dumb question deserves a dumb answer.

What answer are they hoping for?

CP
Drugs
4chan?
>>
>"tell me about yourself"
Just a regular ole motile sophont, clambering about the surface of just another anonymous rock in the cosmos, consuming nutrients and eventually reproducing if this job market doesn't go down the shitter, amirite? XD
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.