[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey biz, Say an old coworker of mine who was a "supposed"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: 1454597438225.jpg (63 KB, 600x853) Image search: [Google]
1454597438225.jpg
63 KB, 600x853
Hey biz,

Say an old coworker of mine who was a "supposed" freelancing investment banker scammed me out of 10 grand and has all the documents himself so could easily get away with it.

Can I sue him for theft? It's either that or I'm breaking into his apartment and trashing the place and stealing anything of value
>>
>>1172939
Gonna keep bumping

I'm only 18, and he stole basically all my life savings
>>
>>1172939
Gonna keep bumping

The guys name is Robert Booker, he lives in Brampton Ontario
>>
>>1172939
I'll hire someone to go trash his place gladly
>>
File: 1310103890568.jpg (199 KB, 650x850) Image search: [Google]
1310103890568.jpg
199 KB, 650x850
This is one slow board sometimes
>>
>>1172940
>>1172941
>>1172944
cuck
>>
>>1172948
>>1172948
Thanks

Anything else?
>>
>Say an old coworker of mine who was a "supposed" freelancing investment banker scammed me out of 10 grand and has all the documents himself so could easily get away with it.

Kek wut? I just, seriously what is wrong with you people?

Anyway, take him to small claims court or if that's above the limit of what is considered a small claim in your jurisdiction, you need to file a police report for theft and stuff.

You might not have anything to show for it, but if he scammed you he probably scammed multiple other people as well and things would start turning up if the police look into it.
>>
>>1172956
Alright, thanks man

I'm glad some ppl here actually help
>>
>>1172956
As per how he tricked me...

We pooled the money together, and the profits were good, he's 43 mind you and I've known him for a long time, so I trusted him. Bad idea

I'm just gonna report him to the police and if that does nothing then back to trashing the place
>>
How exatly did he scam you out of your money?

I am curioua to hear what he did
>>
>>1172991
essentially, we pooled together our money and invested in gold in mid january.

it went up, we made together in total almost 30 grand... 13g belonged to me but he bailed on me when it came to paying me my part. doesnt answer phone calls or anything.

i trusted the guy, stupidly
>>
>>1172998
Ahahahahaha
>>
Did you wire money to Nelson Mandelas third wife because she needed to transfer funds but couldn't and will give you 1 millions if you do this favor for the Mandela family
Rip Nelson Mandela
>>
>>1172991
the worst part abt it is he knew i was gonna use the money i made from it to pay for my mothers funeral expenses. the fucking asshole ran away with money i was gonna use to pay for fucking funeral expenses.

if theres a god, i hope he fucking ass rapes the man every day in hell

fuck you robert booker.
>>
>>1173003
Why didnt you just buy the gold on your own doodoohead? You also honestly didnt make a copy of the contract? What is wrong with you?
>>
>>1173009
as they say, hindsight is 20/20, and im a fucking idiot for not doing either of those things.

dont be so quick to judge mang, i was just like you... cockiness will only bring you demise
>>
>>1173013
10 grands a big hit, especially for someone your age. Take this as a lesson learned, if you're caught trashing his apartment that'll lead to charges that'll fuck up your career.
>>
>>1173027
i honestly dont care about my professional future anymore. my fathers not in my life, my mothers dead and my i have no commitments to friends or anything.

i might just say fuck the funeral charges and just go live in some fuck ass country like thailand
>>
1. Did you give the money to him in cash?

2. Do you have any proof that he accepted the money (receipt or contract)

3. Do you have any emails/messages that can prove he had your money?

If yes on any of these just go to the Police.
>>
>Freelancing investment banker

LMAOOOO

Was he working buyside on Upwork?
>>
>>1173013
A fool and his money are soon parted hahahahahahahahahaha

Only question is how did such a retarded 18 year old make $10k
>>
>>1173050
Why the fuck did you give some random fucking guy $10,000 to buy gold? WHY DIDNT YOU JUST BUY IT YOURSELF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I really hope this is real you retarded Canadian
>>
>>1172998
Hahaha no way this is real
>>
>>1172940
If you're youth charter act eligible, go after him.

Don't go to the cops. Even if they press charges on him, they wont be much. They wont recover your stolen money.

10k isn't enough to sue over. It would cost most of that to get a lawyer who could win the case. An hour of civil court time costs a similar amount.

Any crime you would commit would get waived when you become an adult.
>>
>>1172998
kek.
i'm running a similar game with co-workers but with silver.
so far i got 5 "investors".
i don't plan on bailing them of course but they are stupid trusting i can't even belive.
>>
>>1172998
my guess is he never even bought gold he was probably owing money to some shark and he simply doesn't have it.

did you see the goods?
>>
>>1172941
>Robert Booker
Try this in google images guys :)
>>
Update:

Called the cops and lawyered up, my coworker is a known scammer and his dumbass decided to buy a house with all the money he's stolen so...

It was seized. It's being foreclosed and sold and the money idk - I may or may not get it back we'll see

Thanks to everyone who helped out

For those that didn't, watch out; you're immaturity will bring your downfall
>>
>>1174725
OP were you under 18 when you made the deal? Also I'm not sure what Canada's laws are, but in America, you as a minor are protected in these cases, and the guy would likely have to pay up. Seems like he was caught so I guess in the end it doesn't matter
>>
>>1172939

Enjoy losing 10k and going to jail on top of it.

Hopefully you learned your lesson.
>>
>>1173126
But why would you need to buy preshes metals in groups of multiple people? Why not buy it individually?
>>
>>1174741
I was 18, here in cuckanada we basically protect criminals so he's prolly still gonna get off pretty Scott free

If he goes home free, I've decided I'm gonna tell the funeral home to go after him for the money
I'm still fucked lol, I'm completely out of money, landlord and I are on good terms so he told me I could stay a month free

Until then we'll see
>>
>>1174725
>For those that didn't, watch out; you're immaturity will bring your downfall
Who is the bigger retard, someone who types shit in an internet forum or someone who gets scammed out of 10k by a random guy for no reason?
>>
>>1172998
dude did you not get all this down on paper? you always write a fucking contract jesus christ
>>
>>1174773
I did, contract was breached and then burned by him
>>
>>1174775
>then burned by him
>not making a copy
smooth man
>>
>>1174772
Holy fuck. I get it okay thanks

Wtf is with this place and its need to always be huge fucking assholes?

Like I don't get it, we're on 4chan you retard. We're only here cuz we were rejects of society, and I quite literally know your hiding behind your computer tryna be a cool shot cuz back in highschool the entire school hated you and so do all of us

Fuck man

I understand I'm an idiot but I'm just asking for help
>>
>>1174782
>Like I don't get it, we're on 4chan you retard.
Bingo.
Really people are just honest, if you ask for advice while it's clear that you acted like an idiot, people are gonna give you advice *and* call you an idiot. Don't be so defensive about it.
>>
>>1174775
Well, then just show your copy of the contract
>>
>>1174782
Sorry for your loss OP. You sound like a cool guy that learned a lot even though it's pretty shitty I hope everything works out.

Ignore the trolls. Probably some retard with ten bucks to his name thinking he's going to turn it into a million by Trumpcoin.
>>
>>1174807
There is a reason you always make several copies of the contract, one to him, one to you and one to each of the witnesses who signs the contract with you guys. Maybe you Canadians should invite more refugees so they can spread their business norms. You are never going to be scammed if you take precautions.
>>
>>1174812
Thanks man, this goes a long way
>>
>>1174782
>browses 4chan
>"Wow youre assholes"
the retardation train has no brakes
>>
File: Capt111ure.png (244 KB, 461x298) Image search: [Google]
Capt111ure.png
244 KB, 461x298
>Freelancing investment banker

This has to be the best shit I've ever heard on this board.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.