[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is any business degree actually really great? Business systems,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 20160321_173640.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160321_173640.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1536
Is any business degree actually really great? Business systems, Finance, Economics, Entrepreneurship? Anything?
>>
>>1172929
Last time i checkd no lisence is needed to invest
>>
>>1172936
But you need a cool degree to impress employers.
>>
>>1172929
Only reason for getting a degree is if a job requires it, if not, the sum total of human knowledge is accessible to anyone reading this.

If you're going to start your own business, don't waste your money and your precious youth on college. College on the whole is a total waste for incredibly successful people.
>>
>>1172929
>Business systems
Bullshit

>Finance
Slightly bullshit, with accounting minor its ok

>Economics
God tier

>Entrepreneurship
Utter bullshit
>>
>>1173899
how does accounting minor help finance? im talking as far as a job goes
>>
>>1172936
Series 7? Series 63?

>>1173901
Anyway, accounting helps a lot if you're pursuing finance. Almost all financial analyst positions prefer you to have some working accounting knowledge.
>>
>>1172929
Finance, Accounting, and Economics are good but it depends on the school. A business degree from a non-top 20 school is useless.
>>
>>1173899
Economics is only god-tier if you go to a top program.

If you go for mid ranked program Accounting & Finance double major is the best choice.
>>
>>1172929
>Finance
Meh, seems like this is the psychology degree of business to me. It's interesting, relevant, but I don't think anyone with a bachelor's in finance actually goes straight into a finance position. But it's still useful for general business positions and I've seen accountants with finane degrees too.

>Economics
Again, not sure there is anyone that jumps into a positions that's entirely focused on economics. It's just a nice degree for general business.

>entrepreneurship
No...

>Human Resources
A advantageous degree for beginning in HR

>Business Administration
A good degree for people who aren't sure what they want to do in business. Useful for sales, HR, logistics, etc.

>Supply Chain
Advantageous for purchasing, procurement, and logistics

>Accounting
The actual god-tier but quite specific.

>Actuarial science
Also quite god-tier

>Hospitality
Good for hospitality I suppose.

>Marketing
White girl degree. Can actually be good, but it's almost meme-like how social media involved it is.

>Management information systems
Interesting if you're into it, but not sure how many jobs require this sort of degree. Sounds like entry level data entry to me.

>Public relations and advertising
Everyone hypes this up, but I rarely have encountered jobs that specifically required this.

>Sports management
lol
>>
Why is Accounting getting all the praise? It seems like it would be better with something that has a bit of math in it, like Finance on a masters level. Or is math irrelevant in this case?
>>
>>1174392
because accounting teaches you actual skills that are useful once you get a little training. finance and econ are more liberal arts degrees that don't teach you real skills or procedures used in business, so they're mostly useless degrees unless you go to a top tier school or have good connections to get a job.
>>
Information Systems with a minor in business.

Why the fuck would you knowing go into Accounting or any of that other shit when in 20 I'll be writing the scripts that replace you and make your degree useless?
>>
>>1174471
AI won't replace high level accounting, dipshit. There's much more to the field than bookkeeping, in case you didn't know.
>>
>>1174471
>I can make a script to do basic bookkeeping

Wow good job, I can do that to, python isn't a difficult programming language retard. Have fun trying to atuomate anything beyond day to day journal entries and generation of income statements which I already fucking do.
>>
>>1174487
Everything can be automated dumbass. Once companies start integrating it all your job is over. I'll be sure to give you a few shekels when you're begging in the street.
>>
>>1174520
>everything can be automated

Yeah no fucking shit, so can programming. I hope you realize that most accounting shit is automated already and you aren't going to somehow revolutionize and speed up AI/automation technology. You aren't a special snowflake because you have minor accounting experience and programming knowledge. Nobody gives a shit if you have a CS degree, programming can be self taught and degrees for IT and CS are less and less valuable every year as companies just take anyone on. Also most of the grads from CS are fucking premavirgin losers who still wear new balance shoes and cant socialize at all so I always get the jobs over them because I can present myself well.
>>
>>1174162
Actuary's are in greater demand than accountants. But it depends on other factors obviously. Both pretty much God-Tier in business.
>>
>>1174630
Two things. First off actuary's are mathematicians. It's got nothing to do with business degrees. Secondly, how can accounting be "god-tier"?
>>
Business degrees are for people who couldn't otherwise graduate college.
>>
>>1174527
1. Doing technology + business is the only way to stay relevant.

2. New Balance shoes are in right now but you wouldn't know that because you yourself are a neckbeard loser.
>>
>>1172929
Only worthwhile degree from that list is economics. It's the only one that employers actually respect, and gives you the most career options. Pair it with a minor or even just a few courses in accounting and your golden.
>>
>>1173912
not to go against what youre saying, but in what ways do I banks look for accounting? aside from the basic stuff you learn in school. wouldnt Economics be a better choice (assuming Inv. Banking is where i want to be)
>>
>>1172929
Get job experience first you tard.

Don't apply to a grad school without knowing what the fuck you want to do with your life. Plus, most decent employers will reimburse you for that shit if you're any good at your job or worth promoting.

Grad school is expensive af. Don't go into it without backing and/or absolute certainty that it's what you want to do with your life.

The fact that you're even asking which grad school to apply to says you're just doing it to avoid adulting, which is retarded.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.