[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To the workers of biz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (81 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
81 KB, 480x270
I need advice, please help me.

I have around £3500 in the bank and I'm currently living with my mother. I despise her and she's on benefits (welfare), the money is from a student loan.

Our relationship is growing increasingly terrible and I feel trapped. I want to work so badly, I want to contribute and make my own money. Problem is, if I work, they take her benefits (welfare) away.

I want to desperately move out but is it a stupid business decision? Please, I need some guidance. Bearing in my mind I will be paying rent.
>>
>>1172707
20 yo guy who doesn't have it figured out yet here.

I'd advise any young man such as yourself to take the risk of leaving if you are unhappy living with your mother. It may not be great short term but it's what I would do. I'm taking a semester off and working in the oil fields, 2weeks on 2weeks off. Can't stand my fucking parents which is why I'm out of the house as much as possible. You should leave brah if I could do it I would
>>
>>1172707
Stop hating your mum you sick fuck.

Get a job that pays more than benefits and help your mum.

If you can't get a job that pays more than benefits you probably should hate yourself a lot more than you hate your mum.

JUST HOW BLACK ARE YOU?
>>
>>1172707
Absolutely leave. Escaping the benefits trap is difficult, but what kind of life are you hoping to have living in a council house with a waste of space mother and barely enough money to scrape by?
The sooner you leave, the better.
>>
>>1172714
A lot of chav "mothers" are absolutely horrendous and selfish human beings. His mum had her chance to build a decent life but chose the scum life. OP doesn't owe her anything.
Fucking parasites.
>>
>>1172715
What's the likelihood I can get a decent job within the month and sustain myself with 3500 for a short while considering rent in my city ranges from 450-600
>>
do you live in a semi detached cuck house
>>
>>1172720
In London you can get a job within a day, not sure about your city. I suggest you start applying and interviewing, and after you accept a job offer, immediately move out. That way you can also rent a room close to your job, saves you commute money.
Are you still attending uni?
>>
>>1172724
Don't judge me but uni has gone absolutely terrible, I have no idea how I'm going to convince them to allow me to stay.
>>
>>1172727
Lol. My husband dropped out in his first year. Then he met me and turned his life around, no longer life on benefits, worked customer service jobs for a few years then started AAT and now has an accounting job.
Don't sweat it, you can still make it in life, but you need grit and a will to succeed. And keep your eyes open for opportunities to improve yourself and your situation.
>>
>>1172730
Alright, thanks a lot, I'll take your advice. It'll be hard but anything to escape this poverty.
>>
>>1172733
One additional advice - it is going to be very hard. You will still be poor for quite some time whilst you are building your way up, however you should take pride in taking your future into your own hands.
And look at it this way - what do you have to lose right now? It's a shitty existence on benefits, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Just be positive, patient and proactive about life (work, promotions, training, learning, relationships etc)
>>
>>1172733
Perseverance and mindfulness are the keys to your success. I truly hope everything works out in your favor anon
>>
>>1172730
you havnt made it if you still work
>>
>>1172739
By your meme biz criteria OP's mum has made it.

"Made it" means different things to different people - for example to me is having a job/career path I like, not getting stressed over it, continuously learning and getting better at things, having a good man, taking care of our family life and home.
>>
>>1172748
How do I get a dedicated wifey who will not screw me over in a divorce?
>>
>>1172750
Ha, I was much flakier when I was younger; I've only became this committed around the time I turned 30.
Met my husband when I was 25 in WoW of all places.. our relationship and first years of marriage were very rocky, we were basically children trying to figure things out.
I think as people mature they get better at relationships - we get more patient, tolerant and determined to build a happy life.
>>
OP, english mothers are all the same, its menopause, they get stressed about the future and go through living hell trying to come to terms with reality.

If you cant manage an unstable middle aged woman do you think you'll be able to manage anything else in your life?

Read "how to make friends and influence people". Make amends with your mother, volunteer or start being active
and when you are ready go for sales.

You sound waaay too young to "go out there" no strings attached.

Also:
FUCK ALL THE FUCKING AUTISTS IN THIS THREAD TELLING HIM TO GO FOR IT.

fucking cuckbabies are just idealising something they've never experienced.

Dont be naive OP
>>
>>1172761
And this is why the council estates are full of disillusioned people who are trapped in poverty and fear and pass the time by drinking and smoking pot. Time passes by and they look like complete train wrecks by the time they are 40 (talking about my mother in law here).
So glad my husband escaped this doom.
>>
>>1172761
>If you cant manage an unstable middle aged woman do you think you'll be able to manage anything else in your life?

And what the fuck do you mean by that? You can manage yourself and your life, you don't "manage" crazy middle aged women, they are most of the time a lost cause. If a woman doesn't get her shit together all her life, what makes you think she will start at 40 or 50?
>>
>>1172764
getting into the workforce today is much harder than when your husband started off.

anon shouldnt run away from his problems. Especially due to his age he should try to better himself, and accomplishing that in a "toxic" environment will teach him quite a bit about himself.

If he ran away, he'd barely survive at first. But eventually he'd be able to get by. At that age, just being able to get by will stunt his personal growth/potential.

Atleast suggest he gets a girlfriend so they can support each other.
>>
>>1172765
no one said to save or cure the mother.

Being able to appease her crazy without letting that affect his everyday life is what i am talking about.

My mother was terrible, but soon i realised i was part of the problem. I was too defensive, i got irritated, i reacted to her negative behaviour. By changing the way i reacted she stoped being so abrassive. By making her feel not threatened she mellowed out and became quite supportive.

Resolving conflicts is a skill.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.