[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does following up on a job application/interview really increase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 1000x923) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 1000x923
Does following up on a job application/interview really increase your chances of getting a job, or does it just make you look desperate? I just want to make it less likely that my job application isn't floating in an abyss somewhere.
>>
>>1172275
Its the only way you get a job from my experience. Its the retards who are scared of looking desperate that end up jobless and complaining about not having a job
>>
>>1172275

I used to have a boss who would toss out applications, if somebody called asking about the job that they applied for he would ask them to come in for an interview. Always make that call.
>>
>>1172275

Writing a thank you note for their time after the first interview is the only gesture you need to make. If you don't hear back, you can send a quick "Follow up on status of interview", but don't sound desperate.

"We met a couple of weeks ago, I just wanted to email to follow up on the status of where you're at in selecting a candidate. As you may know, I'm aggressively looking at other companies and currently weighing options at the moment for accepting my next position."

Regards,
Fuck You
>>
>>1172374

So the trick is to make it sound like I'm desired by other companies? Got it. The executive director posted one of the job postings I applied to. I called and left a message and follow-up email for him, but since he runs a whole company, I doubt he'll have time to respond.
>>
>>1172356
you stupid cunt, if they know you're desperate, they'll just pay you 10c an hour while raping you because they know you don't have a choice.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.