[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am currently 30 years old; there are three scenarios for me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1383651296175.jpg (87 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1383651296175.jpg
87 KB, 640x480
I am currently 30 years old; there are three scenarios for me in the next 10 years:

1) I will be dead
2) I will be in jail
3) I will be a multi-millionaire

That is it.
>>
>>1172253
That's the attitude you need IMO. What's your gameplan, Brad?
>>
>>1172263
brad did you know that the black marketband drug dealing only accounts for 1% of world trade? you need to get into a diff market homie! try forex
>>
>>1172303
Any good reads for forex? Everytime I look into it its always just sales pitches for seminars or firms you pay to join.

Should I just watch the news and trade based on that? I cannot figure out how people make strategies for forex, currencies are volatile as hell. How do you learn to read these graphs?
>>
cool guy
>>
Good attitude I guess but why not do something legit instead?

What are you thinking OP? Kek I want to see what a 30 year old NEET will do
>>
>>1172253
Please, Brad. There are other options.
Don't throw it all away!
>>
>>1172538
He's clearly dealing drugs or trading arms illegally
>>
>>1172253
Turned 30 in January. I had dreaded 30 for a long time because in my mind that's the mid point, that's the point where you either have your shit together or you're a loser.
Tried to be a nice guy, the good son, doing the "right" thing, taking the beaten path, and trying to take the backdoor into careers I love but all of that FUCKED ME OVER SO HARD! When I should have been spending my 20s taking risks, living for myself, doing the unconventional, I didn't, I spent most of my young adult life unemployed, looking for wage cuck jobs, going to bullshit schools for bullshit, giving most of my money to my mother buying into the bullshit about taking care of dear old mom when dear old mom is using you. The biggest problem was I was a pussy for never doing what I wanted, taking on challenges,. Now at 30, no job, no home, no nothing I have to pull out all the stops. Be a bastard to everyone because I've had my neck stepped on being Mr. Nice Guy. And do what I need to do to make something that I own that will make me money. Dead has always been an option due to depression (real depression), jail not an option because I've been a prisoner of self and to other people's whim (and I'd rather die than be in the US prison system), multi-millionaire -- I don't know but I'm going to fucking try.
>>
>>1172253
Yeah but most likely you'll be working in a cubicle providing for your girlfriend's 8 months old kid that might even be yours.
>>
>>1172954
I am 3 yaers behind you, jsut following your steps anon, but how are we depresed fucks suposed to do what we should? I mean, i barely can speak with confidence with a simple stranger..how am i suposed to to things like runing a bussines?

I think we lost the game since the very beginnning
>>
>>1174053
>I think we lost the game since the very beginnning

With that attitude, yeah.

>how am I supposed
Just do it. People grow with their challenges.
>>
>>1174053
>how are we depresed fucks suposed to do what we should?
After Robin Williams killed himself and a bunch of people started to reveal they too had depression sometimes severe it woke me up to how many functioning depressed are out there.
It's not that we lost from the start, because when I was younger I was full of ambition, it's the fact life starts to weigh down more as we go along and we depressed folks let it hurt us more in a self destructive way.
>>
>>1175586
i wanna know if all this depression was hitting people in the middle ages, hell even 3000 years back... i wonder whats different now...maybe somethings wrong

i know survival of the fittest isnt about confidence or anything
>>
>>1172253
Where can I bet on the outcomes?
>>
>>1174053
I run a water treatment plant - I work 8 hours a day in a building by myself. Thanks to overtime I've made about 100 k the last 7 years.
>>
>>1175586
get rich or die trying
>>
>>1175673
Point being try to find your spot rather than be a square peg in a round hole
>>
The least successful people are the ones who think in all or nothing terms. It gives you no room for course correction.
>>
The only way you are going to be rich is by buying 21 BTC now and holding for 10 years.

But you are a low-IQ retard so you will not.
>>
>>1172253
Well it looks like you have a 33% chance of making it, gotta like those odds
>>
>>1175662
Of course they had depression in the middle ages and earlier. They shared many of the same psychological issues we have today it's just they didn't have names for them or attributed them to shit like witchcraft, divine punishment, or some other garbage.
Chances are a man depressed back then acted out destructively, would just off himself, or someone else would off him. We live in a more sedentary age and society. We have the luxury to know our ailments but the disadvantage of not having a means to just act. If I had the option of going on some battlefield, swinging an axe, and chancing a death I probably would. Better than having all this time to let my mind fuck with me.
>>
>>1175773
I lost my train of thought on that last bit. I have no idea what the fuck I was typing.
>>
>>1175673
how'd you manage that? What kind of education do you have?
>>
>>1175662
>>1175773
>>1175777

Not quite. The recent depression laden middle ages stems directly from society as a whole marketing to youth.

Consider https://vimeo.com/87448006

Director has a leftist lean to things, but he touches on some fairly relevant points that don't just relate to artists.
>>
>>1172253

GO FOR IT

CONNECT FOUR!
>>
>>1172954

What bullshit did you study at school, what jobs have you worked in yours 20s and why are you currently jobless?
>>
>>1176449
that video was 99% garbage. the barable 1% of craig ferguson. and "middle ages" in that guy's post was referring to the historical time period
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.