[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, guys. Anyone use Facebook advertising here? I usually use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: fb power editor screenshots.png (63 KB, 951x936) Image search: [Google]
fb power editor screenshots.png
63 KB, 951x936
Hi, guys. Anyone use Facebook advertising here?

I usually use AdWords, but decided to create a Facebook advertising account recently and set up a test ad. And I'm getting really bizarre results. I set up a small audience of women 21-34 who like Bloc Party, the band, and are early tech adopters. I set it to page post engagement and just for desktop newsfeed and I get pic related as my suggested bid. That seems crazy high for Facebook. Anyone else get numbers like that if they set up an ad with those options?

So the objective is PPE, demo is females in the United States, 21-34, interest is Bloc Party and narrowed with technology early adopters and the placement is just desktop newsfeed. Do you get an insane bid amount like that?

I tried contacting them, but absolutely no response. Would be super appreciative if someone who does FB ads could just see what they get for this.
>>
>>1171839
I'll just drop a screenshot of my most recent boosted post. I think I ended up paying $.10/engagement, but my targeting was friends of people who already like my page; moreover, the post got, if memory serves, 40-50 shares from page users, so it's probably not an apple to apple comparison.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-01-11-49-30.png (66 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-01-11-49-30.png
66 KB, 540x960
>>1171854
Oops
>>
>>1171854
>>1171856
Thanks, man. Yeah, that's what I'm sort of confused about. PPE should be really low, like the prices you're getting or maybe a bit higher if it's non-fanpage traffic, but I'm getting these crazy high suggested bids. But thanks for posting though.
>>
>>1171839
It's because you only want newsfeed ad placement. I just tried similar parameters using all available placements and I got a suggested bid of $0.67.

That being said, you should only use newsfeed ads because they work the best. Remember, that price is just a bid, often times you will pay much less (especially if your ad is good). Other times it will not be enough and you will find you will have to actually increase your bid. the only way to know if to test. That's the thing about marketing, you need to test, test, test, and that, unfortunately, can be expensive.
>>
>>1171862
Yes, I did notice that, which I forgot to mention in the OP, how it's much lower if I select mobile along with desktop, but then just goes nuts if I deselect everything but desktop. Okay, thanks, man, and thanks for the advice. What did you see when you deselected everything but desktop newsfeed? Does it also show those nutty prices?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.