[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /biz/, my goal is to be a baked goods vendor, selling at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: cco_CGJA1x.jpg (181 KB, 690x756) Image search: [Google]
cco_CGJA1x.jpg
181 KB, 690x756
Hey, /biz/, my goal is to be a baked goods vendor, selling at the local farmer's markets and other such events. I'm a pretty good novice with the items I plan to sell, but I'm wondering if it would help to gain some professional/school training first. My local CC offers a AS in Baking and Pastry Management, would it be worth taking this on just to open a small business or can I pretty much just keep learning on my own?

Also, I know business degrees aren't exactly valuable these days, but where else can I best learn about managing a small business? Would books really be enough?
>>
>>1171565
Before you go and pay some hack for a dodgy degree in "pastry management". Go find some patisseir that looks high grade, and tell them you'd love to come and work and learn as much as possible. They'll pay you nothing, and you'll do a lot of washing up, but its cheaper than some dodgy course and you will learn more if you're observant.
>>
File: 1458750354018.jpg (60 KB, 540x700) Image search: [Google]
1458750354018.jpg
60 KB, 540x700
>>1171565
>Pastry Management
lel

What is this world fucking coming to?
>>
>>1171779
Baking isn't simple you fucking idiotic cuck cunt.

I'd like to see you make 5000 loaves of gluten-free nutrient-enriched large-loaf brown bread.
>>
I wouldn't ever go into anything food or beverage related.
>>
>>1171797
I don't blame you, but there's nothing else I want to do at this point in my life. I don't have the smarts or drive for STEM or finance or anything like that.
>>
File: 3kIsEID.png (608 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3kIsEID.png
608 KB, 1920x1080
go on google and read all the kitchen finance text books you can find.

The course is just a guided walkthrough thru these texts.
If you get stuck on a problem just tweet the question out or ask on quora.

The proving grounds for food isn't some teacher saying its good. its here try this.

If you want to be a baker Panera will train you.
>>
>>1171909
Kill you're self
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.