[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160327_001819.jpg (194 KB, 1500x500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160327_001819.jpg
194 KB, 1500x500
Ok /biz/ I need some serious help about my future. I'm currently a senior in high school, and I make about $1-2k a week. The year is over in 3 months and then I'll be stuck at a standstill.

I don't know if I should go the original college route straight off the bat and use the money I'm making (its from online work) to pay for my tuition, or do I seize this great money opportunity and go travel the world with 3-4 of my friends doing the same work as me. I don't even really like my major (engineering) I'm only doing that because it'll make my parents proud. (Sorry for the bad layout, I'm on my phone)
>>
>>1170335
>I'm currently a senior in high school, and I make about $1-2k a week.
How the fuck
>>
>making $50-100k/yr in highschool

maybe you should stop working so much and attend your math class
>>
>>1170353
>>1170417
op here, just on my computer now.
I work online, don't want to overwhelm you with information but I basically sell adds on a twitter network i run.
>>
>>1170985
Could you give a run down or point in the dIrection of some resources in getting started with that as a part time job? Starting uni in fall and will likely need some income
>>
>>1171133
do you have any experience with twitter/instagram or social media marketing?
>>
>>1170353
Okay. Either you're giving BJ's or HJ's (I don't descriminate.)
>>
>>1171161
Another anon here. I do but I'd like a partner. ALSO, i'm in the same position as you, highschool senior and going to uni for mechanical engineering in September. I can give you my e-mail if you want, or you can give me yours?
>>
>>1170985
>>1171161
>>1171133
Also interested. Know nothing about social media marketing.
>>
>>1171161
Nope
>>
>>1170335

difficult to determine where that leaves you tax wise.... is it even legal? because to buy a house and everything... so at some point youre going to want a more stable job, community college is like 2 grand a semester.... so you should probably do both!
>>
any advice towards the actual question and not just looking to partner w me?
>>
>>1171667
Travel the world you fucking idiot.
You're already making good money (the point of college), Take it by the balls and run with it.

If that fails, you've got your entire life for college.

You could be smart and cultivate a nest-egg too, to fall back on if things fall apart.
>>
>>1171133
i think he might be doing what ive seen people do on Instagram: make a niche account with a high number of followers, businesses in that niche contact you and you post on their behalf (i.e. "check out @cockmachines on Instagram, you can now get 50% off cock machines!" while posting a picture of their choosing)

The ones that Ive contacted can charge $50+ per post and they dont guarantee anything. it's a pretty cool business
>>
Why the fuck would you go to college when you're already earning 50-100k a year?

If you do go to college you'd be much better off taking business/marketing and maybe some information technology classes.

Work out a way to scale the business and automate parts of it.

Tell your parent's they're niggers and are operating on dusty Boomer logic. Getting a college education would have set you up 20 or 30 years ago but it's not so today. Tell them that you're already making what most college graduates make 3 years after graduating. Tell them that you'd be turning down a huge opportunity by not pursuing this currently very successful venture.
>>
Nigga you're making 1-2k per WEEK. You are probably making more than your parents combined so do whatever the fuck you want. Go travel the world and then go to school, so long as you can guaranter acceptance sfter that.
>>
>>1171672
>>1171863
>>1171864
literally these
>>
wtf OP, you're fucking swimming in it.

You've got a stable income, so even if your parents are in denial of your actions(not going to college) and threaten you to kick you out, you can easily rent out a place for the time being and focus on your Twitter ads shit.

You got this
>>
To answer OPs question.

My personal opinion is that you should continue what you're doing for the foreseeable future for as long as it remains profitable. Travel the world and get some life experience.

Inevitably all good things come to an end and it's possible that this will no longer be as profitable as it currently is. I hope you save around 30% of all of your profits every year. That way you can go to school tuition free and still be financially stable.

Realistically, going to school as a twenty something year old is easier, because you have your shit together more. You may even forego school entirely and transition into some other marketing gig or start your own business. Really it can go any way, school isn't a necessity anymore, there are multiple paths to success.

The number one thing I can say is to make sure you save, and prepare for the worst, and always be flexible with your life situation.

Good luck.
>>
>>1170335
Go Travel
No questions asked. You will regret it if you dont
>>
>>1170335
>4000-8000 dollars monthly
How, when the fuck, why. That's more than a japanese oral business translator.

How mamy followers on instagram or twitter and how many companies ask you to advertise for them?
>>
>>1171946
about 1.8m followers at the moment, but it has an audience reach of anywhere from 20-35 million depending on the tweet
>>
>>1171161
interested as well. Currently in student debt right now. Biochem major math minor. We can email eachother, if you want, you can scope me out on insta so you can see Im a legit nice dude trying to maybe find a partner?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.