[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DOCTOR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1452170942452.jpg (240 KB, 650x975) Image search: [Google]
1452170942452.jpg
240 KB, 650x975
Sup /biz/

I'm graduating with a degree in kinesiology (PE teacher degree) soon and I was wondering if I should just go to med school and become a Podiatrist or Physiatrist or some shit.

I started the major wanting to get into Orthotics and Prosthetics, but after a few years of being in a love/hate relationship with it and having everyone and their amputee telling me to get the fuck out and don't look back, I've decided to look elsewhere.

When I first checked it out O&P was reported as 80k/yr starting 100% employment, but the further I dug, I found that many practitioners who were graduating from the newly designated masters degree did not get this wage, not had the ease of finding an employment the advertised rate claimed.

So now... I'm looking elsewhere.

Is becoming a Doctor a good investment?
>>
>>1169985
Just be a male nurse. There's an actual need for those.
>>
>>1170004
I saw a sign for that. I dont even know what male nurses do. Do they clean up after the female nurses?
>>
MD + PhD here.
It sucks. Too many study years and physical work hours, not to mention student loans. It's inefficient.
>>
>>1170035
It sucks being a doctor? What's your specialty?

I really don't think I could survive medical school.
>>
>>1170049
It doesn't suck being one, but losing your youth to become one IMO wasn't worth it. I'm sure I could have made the same money without the huge sacrifices in a different profession.
>>
>>1170035

Here in Canuckistan doctors (GPs, anyway) get 40k in loan forgiveness over 5 years. It doesn't cover most of it, but it's something.
>>
>>1169985

From a strictly financial viewpoint? Absolutely is it a good investment. Sure you'll have student loans, but MD's make good money. Eventually your loans will get paid off, and you will be making 6 figures.

That is simply the financial aspect of it though. Do you know this is for you? Are you willing to put in the time and effort? Are you prepared to stay awake for many many house doing shifts at the hospital during residency? Do you even know if you would like being a physician? These are all questions you need to know. I suggest you do some physician shadowing, maybe volunteer in a hospital try to get a feel for the environment and profession. This is not a decision you want to make lightly. Make sure you're going into medicine for the right reasons and not money. Doctors who hate their job but make a lot of money are not happy.
>>
>>1170068

hours*
>>
>>1170035

what the fuck is this guy talking about

Actual MD PhD admit here. You have no loans due to PhD stipend (no school makes their students pay for the damn 10 year program). All my relatives are MDs or pleb DOs and the work load is terrible for the first 2 years and the rotations are p chill according to said relatives. Rotations are hell if you land a good one but again, you make a minimum of 150k a year in USA coming out of even the shittiest internal program.
>>
>>1169985

holy shit, that girl is hot
>>
>>1169985
I know someone that does Kinesiology and she charges $150 an hour. Her clients are almost always desperate divorced middle aged women. Those fuckers are so easy to scam money out of.
>>
>>1169985
Whats your GPA and extracuriculars? Whats your MCAT? You can't just be a doctor, you need to get in.
>>
>>1170073
I'm not from the USA; anyway we don't need loans either for the PhD part, but we do for everything before that. Keep in mind that most MD's will never get near a PhD (why would they?)

The loans part is not so terrible though; the hard part is the study and work hours during the best years of your life that you aren't getting back. It doesn't take much searching to find people earning the same as a doctor without having to sacrifice everything at a young age.
>>
>>1170006
Are you a troll or a retard? Male nurses do the same fucking thing as female nurses.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.