[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trading and Brokerage Fees
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Homemade Electric Guitar.gif (3 MB, 450x251) Image search: [Google]
Homemade Electric Guitar.gif
3 MB, 450x251
How do daytraders deal with brokerage fees eating away at their capital and profit?

Are there brokerages out there that charge just a small percentage of something per trade instead of a set fixed amount each time?
>>
>>1169724
Nerve gas?
>>
>>1169737
>>
>>1169724
interactive brokers only charges me like $1/200 shares. it's pretty reasonable.
>>
>>1169724
Cant you claim them on tax to offset Capital gains or personal income tax?

I was looking at getting a loan for investing into a fund and then I can claim the interest payments as a tax reduction.
>>
>>1169737
>>1169812
That guy does all kind of stupid videos of him getting shocked and hurt. Saw one where he purposelessly shorted a capacitor until it blew. Close to taking out an eye. Dumb fuck.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-30-20-52-41.jpg (639 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-30-20-52-41.jpg
639 KB, 1080x1920
>>1169724
Lightspeed charges fees on a per share basis and provides incentives to active traders by lowering the fee as your volume increases

Pic related
>>
File: 1901dz.jpg (54 KB, 500x749) Image search: [Google]
1901dz.jpg
54 KB, 500x749
>>1169724
you can trade cfds or whatever ther are tons of instruments with zero fees. but fees are least of your worries as a retail trader as you will be fighting mainly spread and slippage. we have large database showing how poorly retair traders do in forex after the retail brokers' spreads and slippages takes efffect. for retailers we would advice to trade only stocks with slower frequency or something. there are markets that are incredibly easy compared to forex
>>
>>1169724
For serious traders, it doesn't matter that much. It's a minuscule cost percentage-wise, although for those running multiple strategies it gets more expensive (and more important to address).
All depends on what kind of deal you can negotiate, at that point.
>>
>>1169953
That's a dumb idea.
>>
>>1170102
>>1169926
What happens when you surpass, say $10 per trade in brokerage fees (the average rate of the competition per trade) with these brokers? What if I bought 10,000 shares of something?
>>
>>1170289
Lightspeed let's you pick per trade or per share and will credit your account retroactively if you switch between them.
>>
>>1170289
If you were buying 10 blocks, you would want to use a flat rate, as opposed to a per share structure.
>>
>>1169724
>How do daytraders deal with brokerage fees eating away at their capital and profit?

try to minimize them, try to find an edge that is still +EV in spite of fees and other costs...

most don't succeed in doing this
>>
>>1170541
this. i did the per-share structure because i rarely buy more than 500 shares of anything.
>>
>>1171212
Kek
>>
one futures contract is ~$4 round trip.
>>
>>1171212
>$1/200 shares
Do they have an upper limit in place?
As in, can you pick up 1000 for $5, or 2000 for $10?

>>1171240
>$4 round trip
Not bad. Who's your broker?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.