[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Live in area filled to the brim with richkids >Almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: 1433753229676-2.jpg (42 KB, 352x395) Image search: [Google]
1433753229676-2.jpg
42 KB, 352x395
>Live in area filled to the brim with richkids
>Almost all of them spend it all on expensive brand clothing
>Guys spend a shitton on watches
>Girls spenda shitton on expensive bags
>mfw it's like watching the holocaust of opportunities and having a huge advantage from the getgo and then throwing it out the window
>mfw poorfags cry that the only reason the world is cucking them is because their parents didn't give them any money

This shit is why being born rich doesn't matter unless you're in range where you can live off of your inheritance forever.
>>
File: pierce_brosnan_42592.jpg (93 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
pierce_brosnan_42592.jpg
93 KB, 600x300
>>1169132
>opulent new money trash
>>
File: 1459320118624.jpg (501 KB, 1280x1127) Image search: [Google]
1459320118624.jpg
501 KB, 1280x1127
>>1169132
>>1169139
Also, new money kids don't care about opportunity or even getting the most (materially speaking) out of your money. They only care about buying status symbols and emulating brash rapper by buying shit brands like Zanotti, Hermes, Yeezy's, and popping large bottles of Dom Perignon, etc. I don't mean to be a snob but that breed of new money is disgusting and is the worst social class.
>>
File: Jelly.jpg (41 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Jelly.jpg
41 KB, 600x450
>>1169132
>>1169139
>>1169147
>>
>>1169153
I don't mean to brag but I'm fairly wealthy. It's just that I've been raised in a household that believes in decency and values handwork, even if I can live comfortably without it. I grew up with the people OP's describing and let me tell you that they are often the most artificial and shallow people you will meet. And the worst thing is when they try to act "classy" (jesus christ, that word is cringe-worthy).
>>
>>1169153
I'm just venting against all the poorfags I see here and in real life bitching that the reason their lives suck is because their parents weren't rich.

Also; quick spoiler;
I'm in my country's top 1%
>>
File: James_Bond's_flat_(Dr._No).jpg (1 MB, 1792x1072) Image search: [Google]
James_Bond's_flat_(Dr._No).jpg
1 MB, 1792x1072
>>1169163
Being poor certainly makes it more difficult to succeed but it's not an excuse to fail either. I knew this guy who would always complain about how our classmates don't need to work hard because they can just work at their fathers' companies but this same guy didn't get into med school, while all the guys he complained about either sustained or increased the success of their fathers' companies,
>>
>>1169161
>>1169163
Man.

They're young. You REALLY sound like fedoras when you post this stuff.

My parents are/were poor. I never had many things and I'm incredibly frugal.

But is it honestly so hard for you to understand why some people with a lot of money prefer to spend it on fun things instead of buying VOO?

Cmon. Guys.
>>
>>1169184
>sound like fedoras
Nah. If you met these people then you'd realise how insufferable they are. It isn't just about the fact that they spend opulently but it's about WHY they spend. They don't spend to have fun; they spend to show that they can spend. They spend because they want people to think that they know how to live, as one guy put it, "the high life". It's fine to have fun and enjoy you're wealth, but it's not fine to rub it in other people's noses and constantly flaunt it, especially if you're going to express disgust at the poor every chance you get.
>>
>>1169184
I think it's really funny when they crash their Lambo and end up in debt

Reality check niggers
>>
>>1169202
Oh and they also often spend beyond their means, which is another reason why I dislike them so much. Their parents work their asses off to save up money, hope to send their kids to a good college, and get them a good job, and then the kids end up blowing all the money on petty shit and never doing anything with what their parents gave them.
>>
>>1169184
Basically my point is that no ones going to care how rich you are at the cemetery.

The cruelest joke of the world is that when you're young you have time but no money. But when you're old you have money but no time.

Being born rich defeats that.

Having a nice car and cool vacations when you're 20 is amazing. When you're 45? Not so much, it feels empty, almost meaningless.

So can we really fault people who HAVE the privilege of enjoying their youth, with wealth?

>>1169199
I have not experienced this. It's generally only in movies or on the internet.

Outside of exceptions they generally just mind their own business. It's other people who start counting their spending and calling them "snobby". Personally I've found "richkids" to be great to be around because they like to have fun and are laid back.

>>1169202
You sound like an edgy /r9k/fag who posts in those threads laughing about how some "Chad" died in a car accident or whatever.

You sound bitter and angry, you do know not everyone is against you and that crab mentality is harmful, right?
>>
>>1169208
Well what do you want them to do?

Live the life of a regular wageslave while having millions? It makes no fucking sense.

The fact that you need to post about them angrily on /biz/ highlights it even more.

I'm ONE HUNDRED PERCENT SURE they don't post about YOU on any forums or websites. They just enjoy life.
>>
>>1169212
It is really funny

Did you read about that affluenza fag? killed four people in a DUI incident and got away with just rehab
>>
>>1169218
So instead of elevating yourself you need to put others down?

That's pretty sad, man. Didn't realize this board became /r9k/.
>>
>>1169217
>they just enjoy life
I've seen a couple of middle aged versions of these people and let me tell you that their future is not looking to bright--divorce, poor health, mid-life crises. What bothers me about them is not the fact that they spend lavishly but that they are often pretty shallow people.
>>
>>1169212
>I have not experienced this. It's generally only in movies or on the internet.
Not every young big spender is insufferable and I know many who are fun, have no cares in the world, and whom I like very much, but I can't say the same for the majority.
>>
>>1169245
So you've realized that people IN GENERAL are shallow.

Poor people aren't any different. In fact they're much more commonly petty assholes.

"Richkids" are the same people, they just have more money and can buy more things, on average.

I just don't get the whole, holding rich people to a higher standard.
>Rich people are often assholes
Yeah, AND? MOST people are often assholes, regardless of race, religion, gender or background.

It just really frusturates me when I see people nitpicking at rich people looking for ANYTHING to find to "make them come crashing down".

They can't seem to say "Nice dude!!! You got a great body, a hot gf and a sick car!!!! Fucking AWESOME, I want that too! Cheers bro!"

They have to ALWAYS look for shit like:
>"Oh he's got a hot gf... But she probably only likes him for his money! His personality is probably shitty! I'm so much better I just don't have *money*"

Or when they see a hot blonde in a Ferrari they say
>"Oh... She probably sucked some rich guy's cock, there's no way she could have earned that much money!"

It's such a bitter way to look at the world. Idk why people can't just be happy for eachother.

I guess I'm getting off topic but it's just really been bothering me to keep seeing people say this shit. Like with bodybuilders
>Oh he takes steroids to compensate for his shit personality and small dick!
Yet they don't consider maybe he has a better job, life and personality than they ever will.
>>
>>1169273
>Poor people aren't any different.
I'm still a university freshman and I went to a fairly expensive private school so I admit I'm pretty naive when it comes to things and people not from my part of society. And as for the second part of your post about the nice car, etc. that's not really what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the guys who actually do have poor personalities, not guys who I assume have poor personalities. I agree though about how rich people are often unfairly held to higher standards, etc.
>>
File: bat2.png (407 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
bat2.png
407 KB, 640x512
>>1169299
That's my point though, man.

That rich guy with the shitty personality would've been a poor guy with a shitty personality.

His money changes nothing other his enjoyment of life and attitude towards money.

If you have money, and the opportunity to spend it, SPEND IT.

Idk, I used to think like you but I had a paradigm shift. I realized we need to elevate each other instead of bringing people down.

When I see a happy, "richkid", I say "Nice watch bro! Looks nice!". I don't make enemies out of people, I make allies.

The first time I saw a guy in a lambo I shouted out "NICE CAR DUDE!", he smiled and gave me a thumbs up. Alternatively I could've muttered: "fucking richfags, he probably inherited that money god I fucking hate him I hope he crashes fucking rich people this isn't fair"...

You see what I mean?
>>
File: 1459221494214.jpg (942 KB, 1811x2530) Image search: [Google]
1459221494214.jpg
942 KB, 1811x2530
>>1169313
Yes I see what you mean and I think you're attitude is very endearing. I genuinely mean that, I don't think I know anyone with such a positive attitude towards others. Keep it up my man. I'll try not to judge so often.
>>
>>1169372
Cheers dude.

It's a much healthier way of looking at things.
>>
>>1169313
yeah and when you compliment that guy in his head hes thinking how much of a dick riding fag you are. Its human nature to hate on the guy that has more than you. when you say "just cause you have money doesn't change who you are" is total bullshit. ofcourse having money changes you. Money = Power. Havent you read any Shakespeare? Power changes people. Now, if you want to be a dick riding fag for every person you see go ahead. Im just telling you the cold hard facts.
>>
>>1169430
How is it dickriding to be happy for someone?

It's better than being a bitter hating fag.

Why can't you understand it's not a competition? He doesn't "think I'm a dickriding" he's just living his life trying to enjoy life. As everyone is, or should be.

Think from others perspectives, think what you can offer them. And what in turn they can offer you.

Of course a rich guy wouldn't be friends with some buttmad, angry-at-the-world neckbeard.

It's not a zerosum game, you don't have to bring people down to bring yourself up.

You're very immature if you actually consider what I'm saying """"dickriding"""". Go join the losers on /r9k/ and stay with a sub $100k networth not only financially but also emotionally until you understand.
>>
>>1169212
>Having a nice car and cool vacations when you're 20 is amazing. When you're 45? Not so much, it feels empty, almost meaningless.

lol what? That's only if you've been doing those awesome things your entire life. I see people work at the same thing until they're 70 and then finally start traveling, they enjoy the fuck out of it.

>I have not experienced this. It's generally only in movies or on the internet.

No.... no. I mean do you live in a very rural area or something? I've lived in Tampa, Boston and now SF... it's everywhere. And they're always unhappy because they're insecure and will never be satisfied.
>>
>>1169410
I agree with your view of being happy for other people.
It bugs me whenever people try to discount my problems with "but your parents are rich!", or people expect that rich people have the world handed to them.

I mean, we are simple animals in a concrete modern world. It's weird people see modern society as an absolute, and follow everything.

For all the richkids I've known, showing prestige and 'class' seems to be way too important to them. House parties need to have as much expensive alcohol as possible to show off their parents wealth. Things they enjoy are 'not classy' so they dismiss them. Then they have parents whipping their back to 'be successful'. I know it's subjective experience, but these people end up as giant messes, while that one poorfag dude with ambition and motivation manages to eclipse them by a landslide.

In my experience, the kids showing off their wealth is the most unhappy. The most chill and happy rich kid I knew dressed normal, never talked about money, and didn't mind eating pizza from the shady gypsy place. The same can be said about poor or middle class fags.

It all really boils down to this; Richkids can get an economic leg up, but that doesn't mean shit if their personality is busted.

Side note; People born into wealth have a completely screwed perspective, and have a harder time really enjoying the wealth for what it is.
>>
>>1169147
Hermes is fine.

>>1169153
>Projecting
>>
>>1169313
Except no one is talking about your average rich guy who bought a lambo. We're all talking about rich kids as in RIch Kids of Instagram where they buy the lambo just to make other people feel bad for not having one. It's the showing off aspect that annoys so many of us because it makes every wealthy person look bad by association.
>>
>>1169455
that's where you get it wrong. Everyone doesn't just live to enjoy life and everyone is at peace. Your living in a fantasy world. When you say to think from other perspectives, that's exactly what I do. If you were to truly think in a different perspective you cant hold onto any of the values that you currently have, otherwise your not thinking in a different perspective. I know for a fact that 75 % of the time if you were to have a random convo with someone and you end up complimenting on their shit they probably end up thinking how much better they are than you, or they do it subconsciously. If you want to test this out, get real good at recognizing facial and eye movement, the more you look at people in their eyes when you talk the easier it is to spot when they are faking. When you do spot it, it will get awkward. You've exposed them. Anyways I just want to end this by saying that you ARE a pussy fag and don't realize that most people are assholes, and guess what? its ok to be one, just don't let others affect you, that's when you lose
>>
>>1169490
This. I actually know some fairly well off people but you would think they're middle-class from the outside. They are rich in property but not in smug. I guess it's different when you're self-made.
>>
>>1169493
This is bullshit.

When you compliment people it builds rapport.

The VAST majority of people rarely ever get complimented or acknowledged in anything in their daily lives.

When you say "Hey I like those earrings/shirt/shoes" it puts a huge smile in their face. People naturally like to be acknowledged and get attention. It makes them feel good, universally.
>>
>>1169132
most people don't want to be wealthy

they just want to have nice things
>>
>>1169480
>Hermes is fine
Depends on the context. If it's a huge H, then no it's not fine. Their less gaudy clothes are good though.
>>
>>1169132
>While poor people snore coke
>Wearing cheap clothes
>Guys wearing women's jeans
>A lot of them are immigrants
Fuck America!
>>
>>1171466
What does this even mean?
>>
>>1169132
>be poorfag 24yo
>finally start making some money
>buy a new pair of jeans and shoes
>Feeling Fresh as Fuck
>had old jeans for 12 years, old shoes for 8 years
>still feel guilty for replacing something perfectly functional just for appearances
>>
>>1169147
Arabs are the worst with this followed by asians
>>
Weird, I thought I was on /fa/ for a minute.
>>
>>1170855
back in the day, yeah. Nowadays people have social media to feel good about theselves. The likes on your insta post is enough to make them feel satisfied. People want to be left alone and when you compliment someone they WILL talk shit. Believe it or not, its the truth
>>
File: Goethe-Magic.jpg (164 KB, 495x385) Image search: [Google]
Goethe-Magic.jpg
164 KB, 495x385
>>1172136
>>r9k.
>>
>>1169132

Great opinion you got there. Really well thought out.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.