[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have 50 thousand dollars saved up and I want to make something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: 1448474054873.jpg (145 KB, 1024x559) Image search: [Google]
1448474054873.jpg
145 KB, 1024x559
I have 50 thousand dollars saved up and I want to make something concrete out of it. What's the best business that I could open with 50 thousand? Even shit as basic and unimaginative as floor buffering or tile placing.
>>
>>1168683
Thought about opening a fast food franchise? I read Chick Fil A is relatively cheap to open.

Just open it near a high school or college and witness the masses shove food in their mouth and shove money at you.
>>
>have mouth
>sell mouth to other men
>?????
>profit!
>>
>>1168683
invest myanmar
>>
>>1168686
I don't want a franchise, I want something I can build myself and call my own.
>>
Bump. Also have interest in this thread.
>>
File: twoweeks.jpg (15 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
twoweeks.jpg
15 KB, 300x200
>>1168683
>save up another $50K
>save up another $50K
>save up another $50K
>save up another $50K
>learn to fix cars
>buy a gas station / repair shop
>>
>>1168767
>be old and tired
>work even more
yeah no
>>
>>1168687
He's got fifty grand, why would he sell his when he can hire a thousand mouths like yours?
>>
>>1168683

I have $50k and want to start a business too. I'm doing some low risk shit online first. I've learned that you need to have a great deal of knowledge/expertise in an industry to be successful. So, I'm teaching myself about the logistics industry in the meantime. Alternatively, I've thought about going after something that involves government subsidies.
>>
>>1168705

Or just do the franchise now and build your future business off that stable income
>>
$50k is nothing. certainly not enough to hire someone. you should, at max, start a part time business and have a job at the same time.
>>
Weirdly, I am a 3rd person with 50k saved up and I want to know what to do with it.

It may not be a fortune (its a fortune to somebody, though) but SURELY it is enough capitol to start to generate passive income?!
>>
fuck i also have 50k sitting in savings doing nothing worthwhile
>>
>>1168683
>>1170096
>>1170346
>>1170653
You guys could pool your resources and have 200k. Then you could do something really big
>>
>>1170656
lets just make a club and do nothing with the money
>>
Forget brick and mortar for now. And forget hiring somebody for a while.

Something heavily reliant on direct response marketing would be best, as you will have a quicker ROI which will allow you to reinvest profits and grow quicker.
>>
Anyone remember the Rich Dad reference to the 80's commercial saying: "I have money to invest!".

This is the thread. People are obviously not investors and are better off in index funds.
>>
>>1168683
Buy $50k worth of concrete.

Build something solid with it.

You're welcome.
>>
>>1170895
Fuck you Bernie!

Lack of financial investment knowledge is how we get into bubbles.

These plebs need help and should be encouraged to manage their own money not taxed up the asshole with new transaction taxes. If that old fuck knew what the fuck he was talking about he would WANT more power to the people to actively manage money themselves.
>>
>>1168778
kek
but is his a quality mouth anon? can you confirm please?
>>
>>1170656
i've got a great start up idea, i predict it's value to be unicorn scale, i've set up numerous kickstarters and indigogoes all of which i've managed to exit from. if you give me your money i'll buy something from alibaba for you and sell it back to people for 500% return
>>
>>1170901
Totally this.
>>
>>1168683
Carpet cleaning
>>
1.Buy 50k blowjob futures from /biz/
2. Market at truck stops around country
3.profit
>>
>>1171058

The owner of the pizza place I used to work at does this. He does pretty well because we're in a college town so busy af during the summer and moderately busy in Dec/Jan. He just has other students do the work for 10-12/hr and I'm pretty sure he pays himself ~10k a year so it seems okay.

He gets to advertise the carpet cleaning on the pizza flyers as well so he's consolidated a lot of his advertising.
>>
>>1168683
Please move to Portland Maine, let me tell you why.
>visit Portland for the weekend from Boston on an Amtrak train
>great cool small town, neat.
>girlfriend and I get back to the train station an hour before to be safe
>little hungry
>there isn't food within 1 mile of the fucking place
>ask employee for nearest food recommendation
>bring up why no one has built a small diner across the street or within viewing distance of this place
>she agrees and said someone should.

Take that idea. Find a Amtrak station in the northeast, find out if it has a dining establishment within viewing distance of it. If it doesn't, open a small time diner that serves relatively inexpensive food like any other diner would.

If you put it in a right sized place that receives decent tourism that take the Amtrak. You have yourself a good business model: serving passengers of amtrak trains and local residents
>>
>>1171075
OR
lobster vending machines
I know ppl at Amtrak let's make this happen bruv
>>
>>1168683
open a business as if you had no money. spend the least amount as possible
>>
I'd just invest it. Either an index fund or buy a couple of rental homes.
>>
>>1171062
>blowjob futures
that just might be crazy enough..
>>
Carpet cleaning
Floor buffing
Portable sawmill
Portable welder
Pine straw bailing
Pool installation
Roofing
Landscaping
Irrigation
>>
>>1168767
Don't even think about that shit. The only thing you'll get is stress
>>
Slumlord here. You can all suck my dick.
>>
>>1168683
Invest that shit. Starting a business is too risky these days. Especially since Obama pass laws that fucked all small buisness owners in the ass.
>>
>>1172696

have fun trying to remove tenants.

slum lording is white trash as fuck, too much of a headache very little return.

city apartment and vacation rentals are where it's at... college properties can be alright depending on the location and property mgmt company. Mommy & Daddy / Loans pay the rent.

owning a slum sucks, the rent sucks, the tenants suck, if it's government subsidized you get paid jack shit and still have to deal with all the white trash problems... The REAL ''$cam'' in realty is building time shares.. If you can get into the time share business you can make serious cash, selling one apartment 52 times

So yeah, you're a poorfag/and or white trash. I'm guessing your dad is a slumlord and you think he's a successful because your family owns a couple ghetto ass houses at $500/mo rent. Lmao.

One of the most hated slum lords is a guy in North Carolina. Jeff Monsein, he's a legit slum lord. look him up, take notes and start wrecking face
>>
Why not buy an existing turnkey business and keep your job?

http://www.bizbuysell.com
>>
>>1168683
A concrete building.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.