[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad is off shoring for IT security or security science? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 20160226_222230.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160226_222230.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
How bad is off shoring for IT security or security science? I did a bachelor's in interactive media a grad doploma but I have only found shortest periods of work from a to 3 months in length. Add compete to on from cheap as fuck Indian freelancers the industry just sucks. I'm looking into IT security as a different area of IT I could work in. I plan to do another grad diploma of course.
>>
Don't expect to make any money. Pajeet can work for $4 per hour. I made the mistake of becoming a programmer and wish I did something else with my time. HTH.
>>
>>1168459
So even IT forensics/security is fucked?
>>
>>1168463

Anything that can be bought, sold or transferred elsewhere is being outsourced these days. Right now I'm running down my contract at an IT company and plan on going back to school in September. Believe me, it isn't worth it.
>>
>>1168509
go back to school for what?
>>
>>1168456
Over 1 million jobs for security went unfilled and I've heard a lot that big name Silicon Valley jobs there are lowering qualifications to AS instead of keeping the BS just to try and fill more jobs.

Also, a company that outsources their security to pajeet isn't worth working for in my experience. The security is lax, if present, and there are much worse things within the company. If they think it's not worth investing to protecting their info, why would they care about protecting yours, and what other corners are they cutting?

>t. Silicon Valley drone
>>
>>1168840

Listen to this anon.

Security unlike other segments of the IT umbrella is much harder to outsource.
Unlike other areas, companies invoke a lot of internal process/procedure/compliance/auditing work for their information security departments.
That kind of stuff is far too sensitive to try and outsource.

I'm not saying it's impossible. But it's nowhere near as easy to hand over that level internal work as opposed to development team coding to someone outside the country.
>>
>>1169156

Oh I forgot

> t. Malware Analyst
>>
>>1169156
When people say they can't outsource security, it's like saying nobody will murder others because it's illegal. Jews and Chads insulated from the consequences will do just about anything for just one more shekel. But it's hardly a situation unique to this field.
>>
>>1168459
neat
I'm studying software dev and making more money than ever, and I haven't even graduated yet
>>
>>1168840
>jobs for security went unfilled
What anon doesn't say, or doesn't know, is that these jobs were paying poverty wages, offered no relocation assistance, and disallowed telecommuting. I can claim a shortage of fucking dirt if my offer is low enough.
>>
>>1168459
sounds like web dev.

anyone who does programming over here is at least sinking 75-100k salary and then has side projects and/or stocks. im learning data science just to go forward in my biotech career because there is so much demand.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.