[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A money making method worth thinking about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: lead_large.jpg (57 KB, 615x394) Image search: [Google]
lead_large.jpg
57 KB, 615x394
Sup /biz/ recently had this idea pop into my head. I know a lot of people are doing this already, but hey, hear me out.

There's a lot of buzzing going around phone app development. What if you find someone that needs an app developed, but you hire some indian programmer to do it for you?

For ex. Someone would pay you 2000$ to develop an app, but u can find an Indian guy that would do it for 500$(he doesn't know that you're getting 2000$ ofc.)

Literally thought of this while struggling to fall asleep. I know a lot of people are doing this thing.

However, here are the barriers for this to work:
1. How to find clients
2. You will have no portfolio
3. No website neither most likely

Just some food for thought, discuss this method and give some insight if possible.
>>
..... so start a software company? There are thousands of companies that do this you fucking retard. This has been going on since the 1960s.
>>
>>1168088
I am not talking about a company, I am talking about buying cheap labor and selling it for some nice profit.

Yes there are software companies, but why are people still looking for freelancers then?
>>
>>1168096
Do you have any programming experience at all? If you did I don't think you'd ask these questions
>>
>>1168106
Did you even read the fucking thread? The whole point of this thing is not to program, it's to sell the product as a middle-man
>>
>>1168109
Yea you fucking retard, and I'm saying you're asking really retarded questions that would be self-evidence to anyone who has even typed something into CMD
>>
>>1168096
>>1168109
And what will you do when you're on the hook for Panjeet fucking up the code or flaking on a deadline?

This is retarded.
>>
Op picture should be called 5/hr.jpeg
>>
I´m in outsourcing business.

1. How to find clients? Networking
2. You will have no portfolio? It doesn´t matter if you have connections.
3. No website neither most likely? Why don´t you ask the Indians to do that also?
>>
>>1168072
Yeah you could do it.

The problem is you've got to be able to verify what the coder is actually doing.

If some guy is paying $2000 for a $100 coding job... then he's going to hold YOU responsible for $2000.

You're the tech support guy. If something goes wrong wit the code, it's your issue.

That basically means you spend all your time going through hundreds of thousands of lines of bad indian code.
>>
>>1168109
do you know anything about the field ? about managing clients or employees? do you think you'll just hand over the specs and pajeet will return you satisfactory code ?
>>
you need a bit of expertise in order to know which indian is worth whatever you are paying him.

just like you want to delegate the actual work, the indians want to actually not do any work if at all possible. i think, i actually have no idea.

but i'd imagine you need some skills in the technical department (actual development).
>>
Why don't you just get the indians to program something for you and you then try to sell that to somebody else?
>>
>>1168886
because OP wouldn't even know how to specify what he wanted
>>
>>1168096
>Yes there are software companies, but why are people still looking for freelancers then?
Because cheap labor is low quality, incurring technical debt (harder/impossible to make changes as the project moves on).

Because it's harder to actually explain to cheap labor what exactly it is you want.

Because any given aspect of the project will be shittier because you hired monkeys rather than engineers.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.