[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i got this email for a job a applied for. Does this mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1456895628926.jpg (906 KB, 1796x2181) Image search: [Google]
1456895628926.jpg
906 KB, 1796x2181
So i got this email for a job a applied for. Does this mean i got rejected?

I reviewed your resume and would like to consider you for additional positions we have open in the store based on your background. Please fill out an application at either XXXXXX.com or you can also complete it at our XXXX store in the XXXX mall. Thank you for your interest-
>>
>>1167795
They're giving you another chance to apply for another position. So, yes, in a way, you did get rejected.
>>
File: 1456280075652.jpg (92 KB, 540x675) Image search: [Google]
1456280075652.jpg
92 KB, 540x675
>>1167799
Are you sure i got rejected? Because on the website you cant even apply for the job i wanted. It was on a craigslist posting. Not to mention I called and told them my background, asked if u need prior experience and it sounded like a go
>>
File: 1457622290380.jpg (124 KB, 1080x1290) Image search: [Google]
1457622290380.jpg
124 KB, 1080x1290
Bump, how do I reply to this email?
>>
>>1167822
Say yes if you are interested and no if you are not.

They declined you for that position for whatever reason but would like to probably hire or at least interview you for another.
>>
>>1167827
but you cant even apply for that job on the website is what im saying
>>
>>1167842
Which? The original or the one they suggested?

If orginial it's because they declined you bro. They're saying "You didn't fit for this job, but we think you're a good fit for this other one".
>>
>>1167822
That collar is so unfair. Is she legal yet?

Just email the guy who wrote you and ask him for advice with the second application, that should help.
>>
>>1167846
No bro
the job i applied for was through a craigslist ad and isnt on the website. She told me she would be holding interviews for it in a couple of days.
>>
I would reply like

Dear Mr/Ms XXXXXXX person,

Thank you for taking the time to review my resume and taking an interest in me. I have finished applying for X position. I look forward to hearing back from you about oppurtunities at XXXXXXX company.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or by telephone at ############.

Best wishes,
Anon Anonson

I wouldnt take it just like that, im a little drunk but basically this is the template. Reword a lil bit and fix errors. Make sure you reply and apply within a week and APPLY BEFORE SENDING THE EMAIL

If you get a response post it here, but a response is good because its unlikely someone will spend this much time on you if they had no intention of moving you through the hiring process.
>>
>>1167795
you got the job. just not the one you applied for. for example if you applied to work a register, maybe you're not 18, a woman or pretty enough for that job. maybe they have a sales assistant job or something better suited to you.

the reason you need to reapply is because lots of large stores register different departments as different businesses. for legal business structuring reasons. for example, a large company hiring over a hundred workers can register each department, say something like a wallmart, as a seperate business. so now the womens clothing department is a franchise and only hires 5 workers, not the 100,000 employees it has around the country.
>>
>>1167914
that's really confusing. You should write her an email. tell her that you are willing to reapply but couldn't find the job posting she mentioned.
>>
>>1167795
No, you didn't get rejected. This happened to me recently. I had 3 interviews for one specific position (all intense 1+ hr long interviews too), and after a while they told me they didn't think I fit, but wanted to try me for another position.

Had another interview, and lo and behold they gave me an offer for a different job. The funny thing is that the new job they gave me pays more and is actually a higher position. So I'm guessing they thought I was overqualified for the other job or maybe they just think I have potential. And this is my first job too.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.