[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hey Anon I know it's Friday, but Jim called in for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1d70289[1].jpg (80 KB, 890x675) Image search: [Google]
1d70289[1].jpg
80 KB, 890x675
>Hey Anon I know it's Friday, but Jim called in for the weekend and we're going to need you to stay for 4 extra hours. Also you're the only person who can cover on Saturday as well. We'll have to figure something out on Sunday.....

What do?
>>
Walk right around him and out the door, showing how alpha i am and get a promotion
>>
If you like/need your job, you show up. If you hate/don't need your job, just say you're busy cause you made plans.
>>
Depends if it's a career or a job. If you're making less than $15 per hour then I wouldn't worry about it. The reason managers make more is because in these situations it's their responsibility to cover the shift if no one else can. If you can't do it I wouldn't worry about it. If it's a career through I'd do it. Helps you get raises in the future
>>
>>1167612
"I'm going to need to be properly compensated."
>>
>>1167612
If you have plans:
>Can't do it I'm afraid, I have plans.

If you don't have plans:
>Sure.
>>
Business is slow, we stopped working Saturdays, leaving early, and alternating one day off until it picks back up. I make 22 an hour and would take all the overtime I could get
>>
>>1167638
>"I'm going to need to be properly compensated."
>work at McDonalds
>Get laughed at
>>
>>1167658
In that case... just laugh. You can't get fired for not doing more than what you're getting paid for. The manage will get in trouble.
>>
>>1167612
Do it for that sweet overtime and weekend pay. Then if your job makes this a weekly occurrence, save up and get another one.
>>
>>1167612
>tfw I come in to work at 10 AM, leave at 4 PM, get paid for 8 hours, and work from home whenever I want

feels good man
>>
>>1167612
Depends how long you have had the job. If you are on probation or have had other recent problems that you think might lead you to be getting fired, or if you get paid for it and need money - just suck it up and do it. All you were gonna do is masturbate all weekend anyway.

If you have been there a little longer or you aren't getting paid for it tell them you have other plans and can't make it, and leave it at that.
>>
>>1167612

Just say no
>>
>>1167612
>If you have plans.
"Sorry, I can't. I actually have something planned for this weekend. You know I would help you if I could."
>If you don't have plans.
"Alright, that sounds fine. I expect you'll remember this when promotions come around."

If you have their back when they need you, managers remember. Also, when you are that guy who they can trust to work in a crunch, they will believe you and be okay with the one time you don't.
>>
>>1167612
>tfw started a business to be my own boss so I wouldn't have to deal with this kind of shit
>tfw still work long hours and weekends
>>
>>1167612

Say no.

modern man has become weak.
>>
>>1168091
If you can work more, get recognition, and get on a manager's respect, but choose not to, that's weakness.
>>
>>1168195
Lol
>>
I would get overtime so I would say yes
>>
>>1167612
>be working in retail hell
>get told consistently that I am doing a bad job and my department manager keeps shitting on me for not working hard enough/being antisocial
>two other staff in department consistently clog up the process
>department full of returns
>bitch whose job is to pack shit to be sent back to manufacturer/repair site packs very slowly and unpacks and repacks boxes
>there are like 8 things a day and she spends all day making it look like she's flat out working her ass off
>I do her job on weekends
>fucking everything ready to be sent away in 20 minutes
>shelves cleared
>but anon, that's my job, you dont know how to pack boxes properly.
>I take all the hard jobs
>the ones that the manufacturers refuse to consider a fault
>other staff think it is acceptable to try to hand back faulty shit that isnt even their fault because they couldnt work out the process of getting the manufacturer to accept it
>proprietor changes store
>staff there had hidden $200k worth of dead faulty stock in a corner of the warehouse because wut do?
>any problem I think, hey, sigma-6 there was a fuck up, stupid bitch sent something to the wrong address, they called her three times over 2 months to tell her to collect our shit
>she has been fobbing off the irate customer telling them its still being repaired not actioning the problem
>it will take an extra month to fix it once we send the courier
>come to proprietor with shit like this
>anon you are the only one who has problems
>if it was their problem they would have come to me
>NO THEY WOULD FUCKING HIDE IT LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO BECAUSE YOU CANT INTO MANAGEMENT AND POLICY
>didnt say
>get passively fired for doing a bad job

so i havnt had a day job for six years now, living as a neet and doing occasional work like repairing cars, house maintenance, lawns, repairing PCs and phones.

>preparing to start my own business
>cloning pirate strains of mushrooms to cultivate
>nobody to shit on me for being the best employee
>>
>>1167669
>what is passive firing?
in the job market in my country, there are no jobs. like one vacancy to every 10 job seekers. you cant afford to lose your job. your compensation is being essentially salaried without any of the benefits.
>>
>>1168195
>being this much of a cuck
>>
>>1168195
common tactic. they will turn it around such that when you work an extra hour or two a day for free, that is business as normal. then if you turn up to work 5 minutes early, they will chastise you for being late.
it is a part of the 'cult of personality' management style which is unsustainable. businesses thrive on abusing cunts who feel like they need to prove themselves.
>>1168273
this
>>
>>1167638

But you're salaried.
>>
>>1167658

Lyl, the irony is that if you worked at McDonald's you'd be paid per hour
>>
>>1168195

> implying this work ethic will get you to the top and not just starting your own business
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.