[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Successful Job Search
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1446082322220.png (7 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1446082322220.png
7 KB, 501x585
Well I did it, /biz/. I rose above it and got a job.

>Have a degree /biz/ says is shit
>Have no relevant experience
>Only apply to a handful of places
>Have no connections
>Don't even have to move

Went to a job fair last month. Talked to a guy from a top investment firm. Said i should apply to operations. Gave my shitty resume. Got an interview. Got a final-round interview. Get called today, told I was one of their top choices. Salary pay for 40 hours. Anything more and it goes to hourly 1.5. Full benefits. Full training. Large relocation fee. 4 weeks paid vacation.

Anyone else comfy as fuck with their future right now?
>>
>>1167306
congrats anon
>>
>>1167317
Thanks, anon!
>>
>>1167306
congrats anon. we're all gonna make it
>>
>>1167306
>Salary pay for 40 hours. Anything more and it goes to hourly 1.5. Full benefits. Full training. Large relocation fee. 4 weeks paid vacation.

that is the norm in yurop
is it that bad in the us?
>>
>>1168435
A lot of places try and get 60 hours regular and/or 1.25 pay after.
>>
>>1167306
What's your shit degree according to /biz/
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (99 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
99 KB, 600x800
I went to a job fair yesterday and got a job being an aide working in an elementary school on a college campus. It's salary (although pretty shitty) full benefits and I'm working out the kinks to get free tuition at the college for working at the school.
Keep me in your prayers I'm trying to not be a leach on society.
>>
>>1167306
Give a little more background anon, and congrats.
>>
>>1167306
Congrats anon, I'm feeling just as comfy as you. Pretty excited to start my new job in Business Intelligence in June.

>Salary up to 40 hrs then overtime
>Great benfits package
>Respectable company

To be honest I was really depressed reading /biz. I was super worried seeing all the frog posters and wojacks. I guess I was super lucky.
>>
Congrats anon. I'm in my second semester of college and I hope my degree doesn't turn out to be useless. Then again, I could use contacts as a boost, but it would be so much better if I achieve my goal without needing to do so.
>>
>>1168872
we appreciate it anon. You're going to make it
>>
File: 1364083749582.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1364083749582.gif
2 MB, 320x180
I am happy for you pham. I've been sending out resumes for months and haven't gotten anything. Had to go to a temp agency which gives me some warehouse work, but its every other week, not stable, and shit pay.
I don't have my degree yet and it seems even simple shit like data entry requires a degree these days

>>1167306
>Salary pay for 40 hours. Anything more and it goes to hourly 1.5.

This is rather standard anon
>>
>>1169175
Thank you anon ;_;
>>
>>1168848
Poli Sci and Econ
>>
>>1169177
>This is rather standard
I dunno. My past experience was all service industry where they make management work 70 hours a week and adjust it to a 50 hour salary with no overtime.

And what worked for me was being able to speak to someone in person. Just getting that initial introduction was what got me in. Go to job fairs and make a good impression.
>>
>>1170066
Proud of you, anon. Did you enjoy poli sci and econ? Good chance I end up doing a managerial type econ major this fall
>>
>>1170177
I rather enjoyed econ, but I fucking loved poli sci. It made me incredibly jaded about politics, and it certainly doesn't make you an expert, but it does allow you to sift through the bullshit, which is a pretty neat trait.

But yeah, ultimately I figured econ was a better way to make a living so i tacked it on last year and haven't regretted it at all. It's definitely interesting.
>>
>>1167306
Are you in the U.S. op? Particularly in the nyc area? Hook me up with an internship homes.
>>
File: 1448210700640.jpg (91 KB, 426x340) Image search: [Google]
1448210700640.jpg
91 KB, 426x340
>TFW Finance/Applied Math double major
>Made good impression on IBD internship
>Offer lined up after I graduate
How do I go full illuminati mode now?
>>
>>1170210
The midwest. Sorry, anon.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.