[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we consolidate the I'm a victim because_______ to one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: friedman quote.jpg (73 KB, 700x443) Image search: [Google]
friedman quote.jpg
73 KB, 700x443
Can we consolidate the I'm a victim because_______ to one thread.

I'll start I'm a victim because of Chad takes all of my jobs and I'm inferior in every way, I've given up on improving myself and I want to spread my negativity to everyone so they know how bad I feel.
>>
I'm a victim because I wanted to become rich but I don't want to do anything for it so I just became NEET and started talking about how Capitalism sucks and is unfair and that money isn't that important
>>
>>1167129
>Give poor people more money
>They're harmed by not being poor

So is this guy some kind of masochist or something? This is Mother Teresa levels of delusion.
>>
>>1167165
No retard, it's because minimum wage results in unemployment. It only hurts the poor because they get less hours per week or less people get hired.

There should be no minimum wage.
>>
>>1167129
This board is filled with millennial scum and NEETS, what do you think?
>>
>>1167172

Fuck off with your feel good memes. The truth is far from what you say. If that were true states like Oregon and Washington would be sputtering instead of leading in the top 10 of most jobs created by state.

There is more to it than your simplistic ideas.

Your stupid memes do more harm than good and if you hate the minimum wage so much go start a business in a shit tier red state like mine. Because we're obviously not getting the jobs people like you say we should. You fucking hypocrite.
>>
Someone always has to lose. And why should the people who lose be happy about it?
>>
>>1167165
No, he genuinely believes in freedom and wants to help the poor, unlike you and other liberals who are too emotional to think properly and too afraid to ask difficult questions and tackle difficult issues.

Let's say a job is worth $6 an hour to a business, if minimum wage is $7.50 an hour it is not profitable for a business to open up that position. This isn't some evil capitalist refusing to help the poor, the purpose of a business is to be economically productive, the burden of helping the poor should be spread across the community rather than lumped on one business.

Now imagine the government said "you still get food stamps, government cheese and qualify for section 8 housing if you work a job less than minimum wage". Now this person can work for less than minimum wage without any drawbacks, the economy gets a boost and they get experience. It is better this way.
>>
File: 1334933280_091280.jpg (86 KB, 750x1089) Image search: [Google]
1334933280_091280.jpg
86 KB, 750x1089
>>1167748
Economic systems are based on valuing a limited supply. I.e. inequality of distributions is inherent.

This graph will always be true regardless of what the rate of minimum wage/regular salaries are.
>>
>>1167748
>source: microsoft paint
Careful not to look at any real evidence lest your opinion be swayed :^)
>>
I'm a victim because even though I always did sell at school and university I don't have a graduate job yet because I failed all of my interviews due to bad interviewing skills and / or unattractiveness. Candidates are selected solely based on social skills. >inb4 do engineering. LMAO, engineering jobs care less about skills and intelligence than most financial companies. Anyone who has experienced the recruitment processes would know this.

I'm a victim because, even though people try to tell you that life or society owes me nothing, my existence was required in order for society itself to deem itself healthy (GDP growth I.e. more consumption). If I had not been born then the government would have just let in one more immigrant.
>>
>>1167796
Here's a wild idea: why don't you just LEARN interviewing skills AND become attractive?

Get a haircut, shave, lose weight, put on makeup(even if you're a male), wear good clothes that fit you and you will look AT LEAST 7/10.
>>
>>1167800

I do all that stuff except make up and I lift.

Trust me, in the UK it really is all about social skills and normieness. If you haven't been president of the whatever society at university then you start off ten steps behind.
>>
>>1167813
So become a normie, man.

I don't get why that's so difficult. Being normie is incredibly easy. Smile. Make small talk, just be in general an easygoing person that people like.
>>
>>1167341
Washington has ton of high paid tech workers, their position is irrelevant to minimum wage. What Friedman is talking about is unskilled groups who have little experience and have low market place value.

Minimum wage means that employers are forced to discriminate against low skilled workers who productivity is lower than the minimum wage. These people end up unemployed or underemployed which means that most importantly they miss out on the opportunity for acquiring experience. Black youth are disproportionately negatively impacted by minimum wage.
>>
>>1167172
No, friedman is implying that supply and demand means that as the average incoke rises, so do housing prices et cetera, and eventually you get an entire society preying onpeople with low credit scores.
>>
>>1167813
Economically it makes sense to hire normal people. Homogeneity in workplaces is very important for productivity. Interviews are to make sure you can communicate effectively, which is desired even at some detriment to skills.
>>
>>1167829

Sadly I agree. The reality is that even in high paid finance jobs or other "prestigious" jobs (consulting, foreign office) the work takes such a low level of intellect to carry out that it makes no sense for them to care about numerical / problem solving skills above a low standard (most companies give you a maths test at the standard of a 12 to 15 year old's capabilities).
>>
>>1167824

>their position is irrelevant to minimum wage.

It's not. Because if workers know they'll get paid more in those states they'll leave behind the ones that pay them less, if they can. Less people in the remaining states means less money spent means less tax revenue means less business.

It's even good for people who are high skilled because you'll always have a cushion that you can fall back on. The worst case scenario (sans high unemployment, which hasn't happened) is landing some $15/hr job.

>Minimum wage means that employers are forced to discriminate against low skilled workers who productivity is lower than the minimum wage.

This may happen to an extent, but businesses already don't hire people they don't need. They always try to consolidate and fire idle workers. If customers get pissed off there aren't enough cashiers they'll go somewhere else so the business can either hire more workers or lose business.
>>
>>1167936
I don't think you understand that tech workers making 150k do not even consider what the minimum wage is of the state when they get a job there. There is no cushion that plays into it.

As for your other point, businesses may move to other states, or small businesses may be end up being less competitive to large corporations because of economies of scales. Basically it fucks over small businesses.

On natal principle alone, it is disgusting that government can force its way in between consenting individuals. It is equivalent to government requiring people use condoms if they aren't married.
>>
I'm a victim because no one will give me a job due to the fact that I'm handicapped in a country where the crippled have no rights.

I'm a victim because I was forced to be homeschooled because the schooling system in my country does not facilitate people with physical disabilities.

I'm a victim because the government tells me its my fault for being born a cripple.

I'm a victim because my schizophrenic mother and asshole dad keep telling me to kill myself because I ruined their lives.

I'm a victim because I was raped as a child and when I seemed help from a psychiatrist he told me to BELIEVE IN GOD instead of giving me therapy.

I'm a victim because the government hospitals in my country keep prescribing me bullshit homeopathic treatments when my condition is possibly curable with actual medicine and surgery.

I'm a victim because I was born on the wrong side of the world and don't have the money/ability to make a change.
>>
I'm a victim because school is really boring and I dropped out of college because everything is gay and I didn't want to pay tens of thousands of dollars to be read power points that could have been articles from salon.com but were actually a thesis from a PhD.

Also a victim because a white male who graduated with honors and gets a 29 on the ACT living with a single mother who makes $30k before paying debt is only entitled to $600 in pell grants
>>
>>1168085

alright this guy is a legit victim
>>
>>1168097

I joined the military instead of bitching you faggot
>>
>>1167772
The problem is people won't be able to work jobs lower than minimum wage providing them with experience, an opportunity to gain more income not to mention offset the cost of supporting them.
>>1167780
that wasn't evidence that was my idea for a solution, people could work for less than minimum wage and not be in poverty under this system, also explain how

>Let's say a job is worth $6 an hour to a business, if minimum wage is $7.50 an hour it is not profitable for a business to open up that position.

is not evidence

Am I wrong? Or do businesses benefit by buying high and selling low?
>>
>>1168085
Alberto Barbossa?
>>
Here's the way I see the whole minimum wage debate thing, or whatever.

The fact is: Raising minimum wage will affect hiring procedures.

Only better applicants will be accepted.

This obviously entails that less attractive applicants (the inexperienced, the young) won't get opportunities

HOWEVER

The people who work 40 hours a week and rely upon their minimum wage job to make ends meet are 1. productive 2. motivated. These people will benefit from higher pay premiums.

The people who will get turned down for jobs will have less of a need for a job in Bernie Sanders's lil utopia, where school and healthcare is free.

Therefore, you have a situation where the people who need work and work hard are benefiting and the people who don't need to work won't be hired. I don't see anything wrong with that.
>>
>>1167129
>Friedman
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.