[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who goes farther in life. Spoiled rich people who grew up rich
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 512x512
who goes farther in life. Spoiled rich people who grew up rich had connections and it's just a way of life. Or the Roberts with a chip on their soldier and obsessive desire to succeed? And what do the old money think about the Roberts ?
>>
Depends.

Generally the best life is born to rich family and go on to be ever more successful than your parents.

But if you do make it big as someone with a chip on your shoulder you'll probably appreciate it more. Then again you could lose yourself in it and never feel happy a day in your life.

Really up to you.
>>
>>1166690
It's both. The ones born rich with connections that have daddy issues and want to outshine their parent's success as their primary driving factor in life.
>>
>>1166690
Old money generally won't respect you if you're new money until you use the money to gain some type of power or influence.
>>
>>1166690
Once you've tasted poverty you develop the urge to never go back so you work extra hard. When you're already rich you tend to slack because you always have a fall back.
Robert not only grew up poor, but had financial troubles as an adult. He also felt emasculated as a stay at home dad. So you work extra hard to never have to face indignity like that ever again.
>>
>>1166690
Obviously there's a chance of a life of wealth and success for both.

Rich kids do have it a LOT easier though. They can put in the work and be successful on their own merit, but if their parents have an established business they can simply inherit it instead of having to make their own.

Getting the initial capital and taking the years of risk involved is one of the more daunting endeavors of making your own business. Kid born into it don't even fathom this.

Think about it like this: You make your own business and have your own kid. You train him to be just like you. Imagine starting where you are leaving your kid off.
>>
>>1166873
Yes but the rich spoiled people I know aren't really 'with' it. I dont think they know how the world works because they are in a bubble
>>
>>1166690
I find that people who grow up with wealth are nearly always extremely shallow, disgusting people.

I grew up in a family who struggled to afford food a lot of the time, and it really taught me a lot.

I'm now wealthy, and if i ever had kids, they will think we're a lower middle class family until they'er older.
>>
File: elliot_rodger__1_.jpg (13 KB, 258x289) Image search: [Google]
elliot_rodger__1_.jpg
13 KB, 258x289
>>1166690

>mfw I'm named Robert
>>
The worst people I've ever met were either born to rich parents or were orphans.
>>
>>1167598
Most poor people grow up to be like their parents. Their parents could be hardworking poor who are saving every penny for their kids college fund and getting them involved in extracurriculars, or they could be lazy, angry, and ignorant. Or, they could have hardworking parents with low expectations and aspirations and they wanna grow up to be just like their Daddy and be a miner, walmart employee, fisherman, or shop rat. Nothing wrong with the latter, society needs people like them, but it's sad when a smart kid gets sucked in and trapped into a mindless blue collar career.
>>
>>1166690
>tfw you work for this guy
>>
>>1168305
http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/273089

How is he in real life? He really seems like a cool dude.
>>
>>1168305
Is he as sad as he looks?
>>
>>1167569
So as with most people.

But for the rich person who is "with it", they will have it much easier, and potentially rise much further.
>>
>>1168474
He is, for the most part. Very energetic and driven to succeed. He has a good business sense and he's pretty normal for a 'rich dude/celeb'. His fiance is more down to earth though sometimes.
>>
>>1168625
He had some dark moments in the last 2 years, mostly because of his divorce and situation with his kids.

He's usually a very happy guy though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.