[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /biz/ think about getting a CS degree? How far can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1448834248049.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1448834248049.gif
13 KB, 633x758
What does /biz/ think about getting a CS degree? How far can you get with it is it the type of degree you can climb the corporate ladder in large companies?
>>
Very funny. Use your Brian, brian
>>
>>1166604
Nice contribution you piece of shit
>>
>>1166604
>>
>>1166952
>>
>>1166588
Only do it if you can get in a top 20 school and go for a Master's degree.

Keep GPA inflated by taking easy gen eds and work on projects & internships in the summer. If you do it right, you'll come out with a well paying job and little to no debt.

Just don't expect to have much of a social life.
>>
>>1166620
>>
>>1166962
Nice contribution you piece of shit.
>>
>>1166588

meme degree
>>
>>1166588
You're getting replaced by Indians...
>>
>>1167056
this meme needs to die
>>
>>1167063
>implying its a meme
>>
>>1166588
Found a startup
>>
>>1166588
TRHYSDGFASDGFASDFASdasdf

That's what I think about your shit plans to strike it rich and become powerful.
>>
>>1166588
>>
>>1166962
Thank you for some pov anon
>>1167056
Hopefully not me but there are plenty of indians on the course..

Rest of you are pieces of shit
>>
>>1166588
1. yes, 2. entry level code monkey
>>
>>1167430
What is above code monkey and how do you achieve it?
>>
>>1167620
The manager code monkey. He gets to hold all of the other code monkeys' bananas.
>>
OP, all the resources of a CS degree are readily available online (Lecture videos, lecture notes, practice projects).

Do something more interesting like Maths/Physics/Finance/Statistics, hell even Engineering and you can self study CS in your own time.

Universities in the UK have like 20 weeks worth of lectures, with like 12 lectures per week. You can easily self study another 2 degrees in that time.
>>
>>1167662
I am planning on getting a bachelor's in mechanical engineering; do you think it matters if the school is super well known or not? What do you think I can make starting out?
>>
>>1167662
Thank you very much anon, do you believe this can be done the other way too? As in studying CS and self study Finance? I am pretty sure maths and statistics are included in CS too, with a business side as well, so self studying finance may come in handy?
Are there plenty of resources out there for finance too? I know Martin Shkreli started doing lessons online but I don't know if he is just a meme or complicated if you are a beginner at it. Investopedia might help too, even if it's more into stocks, there is plenty of material on that site too? I'm just assuming things right now if you can give me your opinion on this idea too.
I just believe that a real CS degree may open better job prospects and combined with the self studying of finances and business may give me an edge.
Also if I could self study two degrees which would you recommend as a second one, Engineering?
>>
>>1166962
>Only do it if you can get in a top 20 school and go for a Master's degree

Oh bullshit. I was making over $90k in IT without a college degree. Of course I had a lot of experience with Unix and a business network.

Below top 20 is fine and BSCS is fine (of course top 20 is better). But you have to enjoy it and do the work.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.